I see a lot of people giving more care to a dog

Kids cause them too much grief, so the parents have as little to do with them as possible. As much as possible of the job of training that kid is pushed off on schools, neighbors, friends, familiy, TV, etc. I get a lot of flack for telling people this simple fact:"you can't teach what you don't KNOW yourself". Most people know very little, so how CAN they teach their kids? Even if they wanted to take all the trouble to do so, they can't, period. So they have to be able to afford to pay others to do what they cannot, or they can't properly raise a kid. It's that simple, and that horrific for our species.

V

Kids cause them too much grief, so the parents have as little to do with them as possible. As much as possible of the job of training that kid is pushed off on schools, neighbors, friends, familiy, TV, etc. I get a lot of flack for telling people this simple fact:"you can't teach what you don't KNOW yourself". Most people know very little, so how CAN they teach their kids? Even if they wanted to take all the trouble to do so, they can't, period. So they have to be able to afford to pay others to do what they cannot, or they can't properly raise a kid. It's that simple, and that horrific for our species.

V

I know of a home-school program that works and has little to do with the parents' knowledge. You are leading with your chin.

--Brant