You are NOT an Objectivist

kiaer.ts

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You wouldn't be laughing so hard if you knew that Hsieh strongly approves of your work...

That changes everything. I wish to express my undying admiration for Hsieh. I apologize for every negative thing I have ever said about her, and I hereby withdraw my sanction from David Kelley, Nathaniel Branden, Barbara Branden, Chris Sciabarra, and everyone on OL -- except myself.

Meanwhile, if I had not had this sudden conversion, I might have posted these additions to my list:

If you have used the expression "anti-mind and anti-life" within the past 24 hours, you might be an Objectivist.

If you fantasize that Ayn Rand would have declared you her intellectual heir, if only she had known you, you might be an Objectivist.

If you hide all your abstract art before your friends come over, you might be an Objectivist.

If you read James Joyce or Henry Miller under the bed sheets with a flashlight, you might be an Objectivist.

If you fantasize about trains or marble slabs while masturbating, you might an Objectivist.

If you keep hoping that someone will ask you, "What do you think of me?" so you can answer, "But I don't think of you," you might be an Objectivist.

If your worst nightmare consists of dreaming that you meet Ayn Rand in her living room, only to be thrown out in less than five minutes, you might be an Objectivist.

Ghs

I have a question about the train thing. Is there a distinction between fantasizing about steam locomotives and diesels? I find the steam engines to be more arousing!

On a more serious note. Given that the END is fast approaching I would suggest that all of us register at the www.chrismartenson.com site. Watch the long version of his crash course and peruse the site especially the hints and sources embedded in his blog What Should I Do? The Basics of Resilience.

If all hell breaks loose as is becoming more likely with a possible collapse of the dollar and then the economy Chris Martenson is an excellent source of information on what one would need to prepare for regarding Water Food Energy Health Wealth etc.

But does the constant animadverting on and ridiculing of Lindsay Perigo's sexuality

Constant? You should be able to easily show us some examples, then. No? Well I’ll help you out:

http://www.objectivistliving.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=6539&view=findpost&p=86272

Hmm, 11 months ago. And look who was instantly there registering complaints:

http://www.objectivistliving.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=6539&view=findpost&p=86355

Now find us something more recent. Then get a life.

Oh, and to correct my old post, Perigo doesn’t prefer to have straight men “chew his pillow”, no, it’s “face in the pillow”. Sorry I got it wrong before, one must always vet one’s banter.

http://test.solopassion.com/node/7022

I always thought the word "constant" meant...

Er...

Well...

Never mind.

If an intelligent person doesn't use a word with anywhere near its meaning, that was probably on purpose. As was the inevitable insinuation that the readers of his content are perfect idiots who will swallow such crap without question.

(btw - I can't think of anything more gross than imagining Perigo's sex life, whether the partner be woman, man, animal or watermelon... :) )

Michael

...and I'm sure other OL members can come up with suggestions of their own.

If you quote Kant as having said that he loved strudel, and you somehow misinterpret it to mean that he wanted to destroy mankind, you might be an Objectivist.

If you're at a party and someone casually asks about your opinions on some random, current political issue, and your answer ends up being a 20 to 50 page speech, you might be an Objectivist.

If no one will hire you but you tell people that you're unemployed because you're intentionally "shrugging" and stopping the motor of the world, you might be an Objectivist.

If you're an anemic, asthmatic geek who has never done anything athletic in his life, but, after reading a few paragraphs of a Wikipedia article on football, you presume to instruct Peyton Manning on how to improve his game by playing the rational way, you might be an Objectivist.

If you get naked in remote locations and laugh for no reason, you might be an Objectivist.

If you preach the value of merit, but then do everything in your power to destroy associates who are much more intelligent and productive than you are, you might be an Objectivist.

If your primary means of winning arguments is to ban those who disagree with you from your blog, you might be an Objectivist.

J

(btw - I can't think of anything more gross than imagining Perigo's sex life, whether the partner be woman, man, animal or watermelon... :) )

10-4. I made the mistake of clicking on the link 9thDr. provided and there it was waiting for me--one of those forever-carved-into-psyche visuals.

But that was another time, another pillow, another game of "hide the air conducting baton," I guess.

rde

Eew.

C'mon guys!

Will you stop with these sadomasochistic musings about the sex habits of various Objecto-rogues? :( :(

Certain images I do not want ricocheting around in my head, precipitating a cerebral hemorrhage! :o :o

I have enough problems dealing with the embarrassing psychological contortions inflicted upon the world by Red Sonya's confessions, reminiscent of North Korean-style "thought reform". And Pigero's "rubber room" antics. And Leonard's inept periodic attempts at "Objectivist cleansing." :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :wacko: :wacko:

And now you want me to think about them with their clothes off??!! :rolleyes::lol: (and trying not to is like being told, "Don't imagine a pink elephant!"). :blink:

As Joseph Welch pleaded to Joe McCarthy, "In the end, sir. Have you no sense of decency?" :unsure:

C'mon guys!

Will you stop with these sadomasochistic musings about the sex habits of various Objecto-rogues? :( :(

Certain images I do not want ricocheting around in my head, precipitating a cerebral hemorrhage! :o :o

I have enough problems dealing with the embarrassing psychological contortions inflicted upon the world by Red Sonya's confessions, reminiscent of North Korean-style "thought reform". And Pigero's "rubber room" antics. And Leonard's inept periodic attempts at "Objectivist cleansing." :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :wacko: :wacko:

And now you want me to think about them with their clothes off??!! :rolleyes::lol: (and trying not to is like being told, "Don't imagine a pink elephant!"). :blink:

As Joseph Welch pleaded to Joe McCarthy, "In the end, sir. Have you no sense of decency?" :unsure:

Well, the best way not to think of something is to think of something else. Here's a picture of Jake Shears, front man for The Scissor Sisters, to help you with that.

jake_shears_1.jpg

YEAH, bay-bee . . .that'll make you wanna go out and get some stank on your hang-low !

What we need is one of those "what would their baby look like" websites. Meanwhile, for the ritual cleansing, we can speculate. This should clean out your pipes.

divine-pink-flamingos.jpg

rde

Mercy is for the weak.

C'mon guys!

Well, the best way not to think of something is to think of something else. Here's a picture of Jake Shears, front man for The Scissor Sisters, to help you with that.

jake_shears_1.jpg

Ted,

hmmm,....Thanks, for the suggestion....I think.

What is proper masculine and feminine behavior, and why?

I'm not sure, but I doubt if this qualifies. (This is Chris Crocker of "Leave Britney alone!" fame.)

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XeUHA5RiE4?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XeUHA5RiE4?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XeUHA5RiE4?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Even so, if Crocker met all of Hsieh's intellectual criteria, would she be willing to call him an Objectivist?

Ghs

What sort of respect does someone deserve who - as evidence of David Kelley's evil desire to "revise Objectivism" - links to Leonard "rung of Hell" Peikoff's terminally embarrassing 'essay' "Fact and Value" - instead of quoting where Kelley has ever stated a desire to do any such thing? And that opportunist and cultist calls herself a doctor and an academic?

No, of course picking on nee Mertz's sexuality is unfortunate and suboptimal. How about picking on that Nurse Ratched death rictus she pretends to use as a smile instead?

dmh2_150.jpg

I find Hsieh quite attractive. Her intelligence and Machiavellian psychology give her an edgy "bad girl" quality. My kind of woman.

Of course, I also think female black widow spiders are pretty. I wonder if Hsieh has an hourglass birthmark or tattoo....

JSC%209911%20Black%20Widow%20belly%202.JPG

Ghs

What sort of respect does someone deserve who - as evidence of David Kelley's evil desire to "revise Objectivism" - links to Leonard "rung of Hell" Peikoff's terminally embarrassing 'essay' "Fact and Value" - instead of quoting where Kelley has ever stated a desire to do any such thing? And that opportunist and cultist calls herself a doctor and an academic?

No, of course picking on nee Mertz's sexuality is unfortunate and suboptimal. How about picking on that Nurse Ratched death rictus she pretends to use as a smile instead?

dmh2_150.jpg

I find Hsieh quite attractive. Her intelligence and Machiavellian psychology give her an edgy "bad girl" quality. My kind of woman.

Of course, I also think female black widow spiders are pretty. I wonder if Hsieh has an hourglass birthmark or tattoo....

JSC%209911%20Black%20Widow%20belly%202.JPG

Ghs

Well, talk about smart, Machiavellian bad girls, there's always Scorpius from arscape, best villain ever.

Well, talk about smart, Machiavellian bad girls, there's always Scorpius from arscape, best villain ever.

Okay, but no one can beat Kathleen Turner in "Body Heat."

Ghs

I love her, and have run into her on the street in NYC, (she wears a hat with a veil, but her voice is unmistakeable) but have never watched that movie - will have to see if netflix has on streaming. [They do.]

Edited by Ted Keer

Really? I would've never figured that. I don't see the bad girl thing--no exuding sexuality. More like the basic wholesome/athletic/brainy deal. I don't get any rhythm at all. I guess I like them a little more dirtied-up than that or something.

The women on NCIS, combined, are good for those elements. Pauley Perrette, Cote de Pablo . . .mmm!

Ghs

I love her, and have run into her on the street in NYC, (she wears a hat with a veil, but her voice is unmistakable) but have never watched that movie - will have to see if netflix has on streaming. [They do.]

"Body Heat" is a terrific movie. Great dialogue, great acting, great everything -- including some of the steamiest sex scenes on film.

Thanks for mentioning that it is available on Netflix. I think I will watch it tonight. Haven't seen it in years.

Ghs

Stanwyck in Double Indemnity? Alright, she doesn't beat Turner, but they're about equal.

Now does this scene qualify as Machiavellian?

I heard this movie was awful, but how bad can it be when it includes such a scene?

Stanwyck in Double Indemnity? Alright, she doesn't beat Turner, but they're about equal.

Now does this scene qualify as Machiavellian?

[video deleted]

I heard this movie was awful, but how bad can it be when it includes such a scene?

The answer is really, really, really awful. I agree with you about Stanwyck.

Jessica Simpson is sexy in a Playboy Bunny sort of way. But Turner and Stanwyck are sexual. Big difference. Simpson would need to grow a brain before she could even approach the smart, edgy sexuality of Turner and Stanwyck.

Ghs

Really? I would've never figured that. I don't see the bad girl thing--no exuding sexuality. More like the basic wholesome/athletic/brainy deal. I don't get any rhythm at all. I guess I like them a little more dirtied-up than that or something.

The women on NCIS, combined, are good for those elements. Pauley Perrette, Cote de Pablo . . .mmm!

You see the Hsieh that exists in the Kantian world of phenomena. I, on the other hand, see the noumenal Hsieh. :rolleyes:

I think I have used up my bullshit quota for the day....

Ghs