100 Voices

Robert Campbell

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

intellectual prostitutional gymnastics

Adam,

Tell you what... if you find a YouTube video of an intellectual prostitutional gymnastics team, please don't post it here.

Robert

Lol...but you have to admit, I can turn a phrase!

intellectual prostitutional gymnastics

Adam,

Tell you what... if you find a YouTube video of an intellectual prostitutional gymnastics team, please don't post it here.

Robert

Lol...but you have to admit, I can turn a phrase!

Post a link.

--Brant

or did I miss something?

A perfect example, is the "affair." I have a very good friend who has a thirty (30) year marriage which has included a lover within the relationship. The devotion of the two married people is just about perfect. Furthermore, one of the persons has a lover who lives with them. All of them are friends and the house functions perfectly. There are no children which I believe is part of what allows the total relationship to work so well.

Why this cannot be accepted by the Keepers of the Flickering Flame is frankly beyond me. The truth will win out. The damage will continue.

Adam

Adam,

Actually, this is the view propagated by Peikoff and his faithful flock. Convincing a skeptical world of this was the whole rationale for James Valliant’s gimmickry and literary convolutions. Ayn Rand’s marriage was perfectly happy in every way, you see, and she did nothing whatever to cause her husband (or anyone else) any misery. Valliant’s job was to prove that all the negative stuff (e.g., Frank’s drinking, Ayn’s obsession with renewing the affair, allegations of major marital strife) was a bunch of myths made up by the Brandens to tidy up their own public image and sell books.

Smoke and MIrrors--Understanding PARC

The recently published review of PARC by Roderick Fitts in The Objective Standard gives us a clue. “Rand was happily married,” says Fitts, “but had an open affair with Nathaniel Branden, with the full knowledge of her husband and Barbara Branden.” That sentence appears in parentheses, as if to de-emphasize something so transparently obvious. The next sentence reads: “The purpose of Valliant’s book is to dispel false claims the Brandens made regarding Rand, setting the record straight for those interested in the details of her life.” (The love affair itself and its ramifications, you see, are devoid of significance.)

I would never claim that it’s impossible for the people involved in a happy marriage to take lovers. But I would say that it’s rather rare. More often than not, it is symptomatic of trouble, and at least one of the partners finds the pain virtually unendurable. And there’s plenty of evidence that this was true in the case of the O’Connors.

Actually, this is the view propagated by Peikoff and his faithful flock. Convincing a skeptical world of this was the whole rationale for James Valliant's gimmickry and literary convolutions. Ayn Rand's marriage was perfectly happy in every way, you see, and she did nothing whatever to cause her husband (or anyone else) any misery. Valliant's job was to prove that all the negative stuff (e.g., Frank's drinking, Ayn's obsession with renewing the affair, allegations of major marital strife) was a bunch of myths made up by the Brandens to tidy up their own public image and sell books.

Dennis:

My comment was intended to be restricted to the point that a couple can still be "dedicated" or "devoted" to each other, despite having marital problems. I should have been clearer in my statement.

Whether or not Frank was harmed in any way is 1) unknown to me and 2) of no interest to me.

The Clinton's are an excellent example of being devoted and dedicated to each other.

Adam

Neil, you made a comment about Bill Bucko's review on Amazon, and then he replied to you. Amazon deleted his reply. What did it say? Did he cuss you out or something? He's as Ortho as they come, he inhabits Betsy's site. I can't imagine him using four letter words, being the author of this.

Neil, you made a comment about Bill Bucko's review on Amazon, and then he replied to you. Amazon deleted his reply. What did it say? Did he cuss you out or something? He's as Ortho as they come, he inhabits Betsy's site. I can't imagine him using four letter words, being the author of this.

He said something Perigoish about Barbara.

-Neil

ND:

Since I do not visit her forum, but I might if the ole Buckeroo is correct and she has a slutty side. Is he correct?

Adam

More Penises

By Diana Hsieh

In the spirit of schlongs I don't want to see: A wood carving entitled "(Some) Penises I Have Known" is being auctioned on EBay. It's a rather clever and funny sculpture, in a delightfully vindictive kind of way. Personally, I must admit that I cannot imagine displaying a carving of the dressed-up penises of some artist's former lovers in my home. Not that I'd wish to display a carving of dressed-up penises of my own former lovers either! So I suppose that I'm just categorically against the display of carvings of dressed-up penises in my home. Sheesh, perhaps I ought to have just linked without comment like Alexa. I'm just digging myself in deeper with every sentence! In any case, it's worth a look and a chuckle.

Well well well - does this leave room for humor and satire...

The long and short of penises' I have gotten choked up by...

Edited by Selene

She does bring out the worst in the Ortho’s. I had one over once, and for some reason needed to show him a picture from her bio. He literally would not hold the book in his hands, I had to hold it in front of him with the page open to the picture. The individual in question also inhabits Betsy’s site.

Since I do not visit her forum, but I might if the ole Buckeroo is correct and she has a slutty side. Is he correct?

You mean Comrade Sonia? She's married and, if you asked me, not at all attractive (though GHS said somewhere that he'd do her (or words to that effect)). Here's a link, decide for yourself.

She does bring out the worst in the Ortho's. I had one over once, and for some reason needed to show him a picture from her bio. He literally would not hold the book in his hands, I had to hold it in front of him with the page open to the picture. The individual in question also inhabits Betsy's site.

You mean Comrade Sonia? She's married and, if you asked me, not at all attractive (though GHS said somewhere that he'd do her (or words to that effect)). Here's a link, decide for yourself.

Not my cup of poison, but with a blindfold and some restraints affixing her to that tree, I could while away a few hours while discussing the Objectivist interpretations of female ejaculation.

Evidently Bucko doesn't understand that donations are fungible.

I remember when the issue came up on SOLO once or twice about all the whitewashing of the Brandens and others from ARI material, Valliant suggested that it was for fear of lawsuits (e.g., the Brandens or others might sue). I don't think this is persuasive, but I'm wondering what reason McConnell and others would give about the highly selective nature of the material in 100 Voices.

-Neil Parille

Apparently Betsy Speicher keeps tabs on "Miss Babs'" fantasy posts because down from the above link you provided was this

"Perhaps he means things she wrote like this and this and this and this and this and this."

Seems like these folks keep close tabs on each others wet panties posts.

This was apparently her response...

Friday, November 7, 2008

<a href="http://blog.dianahsieh.com/2008/11/dedication.shtml">A Dedication

By Diana Hsieh

In light of the recent discussion of my "gutter attitude toward human sexuality" on this recent thread [now moved here] of the so-called "Forum for Ayn Rand Fans," I would like to dedicate the following video to all of my devoted fans on that site:

Friday, November 7, 2008 A Dedication By Diana Hsieh In light of the recent discussion of my "gutter attitude toward human sexuality" on this recent thread [now moved here] of the so-called "Forum for Ayn Rand Fans," I would like to dedicate the following video to all of my devoted fans on that site: I've never watched Sex in the City, but people so offended by my occasional use of profanity on NoodleFood will surely be aghast at the sight of "eggs whites [with] a side of cock." Goodness gracious, they might even utter some kind of forbidden word in dismay.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJm0sGusiKo

I've never watched Sex in the City, but people so offended by my occasional use of profanity on NoodleFood will surely be aghast at the sight of "eggs whites [with] a side of cock." Goodness gracious, they might even utter some kind of forbidden word in dismay. If so, I see only one recourse for the person of integrity: gargle with soap.

Adam

Edited by Selene

Apparently Betsy Speicher keeps tabs on "Miss Babs'" fantasy posts

“Miss Babs”? Believe me, she’s earned the title “Comrade Sonia”, may as well stick to it. Also, I read somewhere her saying she seriously doesn't like being called that.

Apparently Betsy Speicher keeps tabs on "Miss Babs'" fantasy posts

"Miss Babs"? Believe me, she's earned the title "Comrade Sonia", may as well stick to it. Also, I read somewhere her saying she seriously doesn't like being called that.

ND:

I have the instincts of the dog that jumps into the favorite chair of the owner. I do not know why that nickname came to me as I was typing, but as I posted it and gave it my cursory proofreading, I thought it might be misunderstood as a dig against Barbara, but then I thought that not even the most paranoid would think that.

Oh well. It's funny because the first time I saw Comrade Sonia mentioned, I thought of Betsy Speicher's picture on her The Forum For Ayn Rand Fans and I still can't get that first impression image out of my mind.

Adam

Edited by Selene

Apparently Betsy Speicher keeps tabs on "Miss Babs'" fantasy posts because down from the above link you provided was this

"Perhaps he means things she wrote like this and this and this and this and this and this."

Seems like these folks keep close tabs on each others wet panties posts.

This was apparently her response...

Friday, November 7, 2008

<a href="http://blog.dianahsieh.com/2008/11/dedication.shtml">A Dedication

By Diana Hsieh

In light of the recent discussion of my "gutter attitude toward human sexuality" on this recent thread [now moved here] of the so-called "Forum for Ayn Rand Fans," I would like to dedicate the following video to all of my devoted fans on that site:

Friday, November 7, 2008 A Dedication By Diana Hsieh In light of the recent discussion of my "gutter attitude toward human sexuality" on this recent thread [now moved here] of the so-called "Forum for Ayn Rand Fans," I would like to dedicate the following video to all of my devoted fans on that site: I've never watched Sex in the City, but people so offended by my occasional use of profanity on NoodleFood will surely be aghast at the sight of "eggs whites [with] a side of cock." Goodness gracious, they might even utter some kind of forbidden word in dismay.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJm0sGusiKo

I've never watched Sex in the City, but people so offended by my occasional use of profanity on NoodleFood will surely be aghast at the sight of "eggs whites [with] a side of cock."

I can't believe it. I actually blushed.

Ba'al Chatzaf

The Old Buckaroo rides again --

http://www.amazon.co...wasThisHelpfulr

Frank O'Connor's "room"?

This guy is clueless.

-Neil Parille

No, he's an intentional smear artist. If BB waited until Rand was dead to publish her biography, why did she wait four years? If Branden did publish a smear, why doesn't he quote it, instead of quoting Ridpath quoting Nietzsche? Tendentious nonsense. And the assembled quotes about how nice Rand was are just hilarious. Reminds me of the playwright of Springtime for Hitler going on about how great a dancer Hitler was. He doth protest too much.

Bill Bucko reviewed Judgment Day and The Passion of Ayn Rand on amazon in 2003.

Here's a link to his review of Barbara Branden's book, which is the longer of the two:

http://www.amazon.com/review/R1IGZSXM5KEE1N/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm

I'm genuinely wondering whether he read either book before reviewing it.

By the time Bucko wrote these two pieces, the first half of Jim Valliant's opus had been available for some time online.

Could Bucko, having picked up some talking points from Valliant, proceeded to make a couple of "reviews" out of them?

The guy's pretty far out there even by ARIan standards.

Robert Campbell