get what you desirve

equality72521

I should qualify my statement to come because I hold a clear but different definition of the words I use, so understand that "*****" has nothing to do with skin color, but instead is a life style description. I would not insult people of any skin color by defaming them so, however "******" are little more than animals in human suits.

That said.

I loath ******. as i said they are hedonistic animals who's culture is absolutely corrupt. It is a shame that so many people of all skin colors flock to this life style.

NOTE FROM MSK: Racist crap removed from post.

That dancing fellow was down right careless. No wonder he got hit.

Ba'al Chatzaf

I should qualify my statement to come because I hold a clear but different definition of the words I use, so understand that "nigga" has nothing to do with skin color, but instead is a life style description....

How about using the term "moron" instead of the offensive term "nigga"? "Moron" clearly transcends race.

Ghs

Yeah, really, the whole animals in human suits thing--and here I thought the John Birch Society was basically dead. Are you an Aryan Nations Objectivist? Please tell me there is no such thing. Jesus, if you were down here I'd be tempted to drop you off on Palm Beach Blvd. at about 1am.

As if it isn't hard enough getting black Objectivists, black Unitarians, etc. You must stop this.

Here, let's have Chris Rock break it down for you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iau-e6HfOg0

Edited by Rich Engle

I gather you're saying that the John Birch Society was racist. I'm not aware of any evidence for that; none of the members I knew were in any event. Where did you get this information?

I gather you're saying that the John Birch Society was racist. I'm not aware of any evidence for that; none of the members I knew were in any event. Where did you get this information?

From the "rumorville of history."

Actually, I knew some bigots who claimed to be "Birchers," but actual members that were JBS members that I knew, none were racists.

I agree with you, but it is just testimonial.

Besides, now that O'biwan has brought us into the perfect post racial America, it is all good, right?

I mean I can feel the love now. America is truly color blind.

Adam

Edited by Selene

Yeah, really, the whole animals in human suits thing--and here I thought the John Birch Society was basically dead. Are you an Aryan Nations Objectivist? Please tell me there is no such thing. Jesus, if you were down here I'd be tempted to drop you off on Palm Beach Blvd. at about 1am.

As if it isn't hard enough getting black Objectivists, black Unitarians, etc. You must stop this.

Can non-Jews say kyke or sheeny?

Ba'al Chatzaf

Can non-Jews say kyke or sheeny?

Ba'al Chatzaf

I think that is limited to the New Black Panther Party, THE REVEREND JACKSON, Al Sharpton and some of Calypso Louie Farrakhan's boys...oops, can I call them boys??

Adam

tired of the new speak

Page Dr. Orwell

As far as the Birch thing, Reidy, I am sure you are right--it goes back to a very obtuse, reversed, left-handed joke from Gawd Knows When in the seventies and I could've picked better. Actually, I think the racist groups didn't like them. I should have done something more useful like point our friend here to the right places for purchasing lawn jockeys.

In any event.

Selene, yes, sanitizing vocabulary is a difficult business, but often it must be done for self-defense reasons. That's all that Michael would need--something like our boy here's (did I say Boah? as in "look here, boah"--Foghorn Leghorn) post being taken with any form of approval. Context is important. Also, I firmly believe that the use of inflammatory human descriptors (IHDs) is, in a certain respect, an earned right, and sometimes an inherited one. For instance, given that my entire family came from, literally, the Ground Zero of the Ozarks (Mountain View, Arkansas, home of the Ozark Folk Center), when I use words like "yokel," "hillwhack," "hillbilly," and so on, you can be sure that I have utter control, custody, and comprehensive understanding of them. And when you have spent two years in East Cleveland, as I have, you can be sure that if you were paying attention, you know what a n****r is, because your local black friends, colleagues, and customers have familiarized you with all the ins-and-outs, nuances, proper application, and so forth. Used correctly (which includes knowing that it must either be used prudently, or to death), any IHD is not a part of hate speech--it is generally more parody, lampooning, and sometimes even a term of great respect. I think who he was really talking about was a certain variety of gangstas (which I'm not even sure these dudes were, they appeared far too lightweight).

But that is not the issue in this case. The issue is that our Boy here (who was clearly acting like a "Pink N*****" go figure that one out) thought he was making a funny. He invited us in for a good laugh, did he not? And that video was not funny. No, not because an ice cream (vanilla only? symbolism? nah) truck brutally ran over a black dude--it could have been anyone--but because it is a kind of physical comedy that requires a great deal more finesse to pull off than that. Screw the PC angle in that respect. This kind of thing was, at the historical minimum, well-covered by the early silent movie period, and surely long before. For fairly known reasons, people generally laugh at other people falling down, having birds shit on them, tripping, and so forth. The setup in this video was too lame. No foreshadowing whatsoever (maybe even a deux ex machina job), you knew it was coming because he walked into traffic. No subtlety, no surprise either. Ho, ho.

If you have so much contempt for any group that you are willing to lose your comedy craft for it (assuming you have any in the first place), well, shoot mahself in the foot, cuz I bees a mo-rahn. Now THAT kind of thing can be funny to watch, but here we even lack sufficient traction for such a blessing.

Let's just say I wouldn't count on him to keep my guests busy at a cocktail party while I was outside making the ribs and chicken. I guess I could put him in a white serving jacket, a pair of mules, an have him prance around serving pork rinds and orange drink on a silver platter. That might do it, but it would still be stretchy.

rde

Ho, ho.

Edited by Rich Engle

Rich:

Understood.

The tip off for me, was in the intellectual choice to put up that post in the first place.

At any rate, your posts invariably make me think and laugh.

As you know, I have since the early 60's been stunned by the inability to attract any black folk to Rand's ideas.

I was in freaking NY City and finding a black face at NBI was harder than finding a ________at a __________[fill in your ethnic or racial choice of the day].

Some of my best friends were Black Objectivists...sorry. Actually, there were two (2) that I was close with, one (1) was a close friend who I converted to Rand.

We would up going down to Tennessee to help him in a "discussion" with some Klan folks who thought he should not have his farm and should have to leave the State.

We convinced them after some late night fireworks and they left him alone forever.

Adam

Some of my best friends were Black Objectivists...sorry. Actually, there were two (2) that I was close with, one (1) was a close friend who I converted to Rand.

Converted??!!! Is Objectivism a religion?

Ba'al Chatzaf

Converted??!!! Is Objectivism a religion?

Ba'al Chatzaf

Converted:

3. To persuade or induce to adopt a particular religion, faith, or belief: convert pagans to Christianity; was converted to pacifism by the war.

I know that the word is primarily used to describe "religious" conversion, but it can be used to describe a belief conversion.

I could have used a better word.

Adam

All that being said, my main point is that if you are trying to make a Funny<tm>, at least work your craft a little bit. Sheesh. Some experiments work, others fail, some fall in between. But unless you have amazing luck, you can't expect to Pull One Off just rolling in there with some YouBoob video. I mean, you can, but as was said, the, er, "intellectual choice" is important. Of all the thousands of them, the gangsta/ice cream truck thingie would not be on my hotlist.

And originality is important, is it not? Then, you can acquire a body of truly obnoxious material and riff off of that. Take lawn jockeys, for instance. It took me years, but now I am the proud owner of a lawn jockey, and definitely not for racist reasons, since I am not a racist. They're just funny. And call it Law of Attraction, or what have you, lo and behold, one day mine was gifted to me as a surprise wedding present by someone I had never even met in person--drove the thing down here from Up North--even retrofitted it with a solar lantern. And It Was Good; proudly displayed for all to see (even my black neighbor across the street nodded in appreciative approval). So now, good as that was, I had something to work with, and work with it I did. Statuesque King Kong type camera shots crawling from base to head, commercials, all kinds of things. I put him on loan to my partner for a few weeks, and he came back holding a piece of cotton. Now, mind you, that might be a bit close to the bone, but the innovative thought was there. Work with whatcha got. Halloween rolled around, and lo, .97 later I got this out of the little guy, which is at least better than a fart joke. And Xmas is coming! :

HalloweeninthePark003.jpg

Edited by Rich Engle

Did you notice how quickly his friend "rushed" to his aid?

As to the racism, there are clearly better definitions or stereotypes that can be applied to members of this life-style. By using them, a disclaimer as to the color of skin need not apply. When you throw that out there...

~ Shane

Shane wrote:

As to the racism, there are clearly better definitions or stereotypes that can be applied to members of this life-style. By using them, a disclaimer as to the color of skin need not apply. When you throw that out there...

end quote

And Michael Stuart Kelley said he was going to edit out the offensive portions, but I still got the unedited version.

I have no idea of your race or ethnicity, Equality. If you are not black I don’t find what you said offensive. If you are black, likewise.

Thank you for the funny and terrible video, Equality72521. I share your disdain for low-life’s of whatever color.

I have noticed people like Oprah are becoming very vocal about the disintegration of black “male” culture. She recently had a show devoted to black males who get “Down and Dirty,” with each other as if a prison homosexual life style is a perfectly normal way to behave, when free.

And then they (the aforesaid members of Oprah's self-described race :o) hold women in disdain, and perhaps increase the woman’s chances of getting AIDS. They don’t give a rat’s ass. They don’t rely on woman as their exclusive form of sexual release. Women disgust them. Women are to be used, their money taken, and then discarded, as “bitches” or “cunts,” (Oprah’s favorite worst word.)

A self-identified, black, female critic for “People Magazine” in the newest issue, wrote the following:

The trouble with “For Colored Girls” - Tyler Perry’s ill-conceived adaptation is both terrible and terribly important.

I know two things about “For Colored Girls,” based on Ntozake Shange’s play about black womanhood: first, that black women will see it in droves; second, that it’s not worthy of us. With peerless source material and stellar actresses, director Tyler Perry presents a film that’s stagy, and histrionic and fuels a dangerous fallacy that black women are perpetual victims and black men border on villainous. That said, many women will readily identify with the horror onscreen, seeing themselves in brutal accounts of rape, abortion and abuse, and be glad that somebody – anybody – is telling our stories. Still, as a black woman and a film reviewer, I can’t help but wish those tales were better told, and with something resembling hope.

end of quote

Thank you again for speaking out. Usually, any mention of race is considered racist and not PC acceptable. I disagree. Reason and science will lead us to the truth.

Whatever happened to the, uh, “moron” hit by the ice cream truck? Was the truck OK?

Independent Objectivist,

Peter Taylor

Pete,

I have no problem with a word per se. I do have a problem with a person using a highly loaded term in a public place and saying words like "loath" and so forth right next to it in a spiteful manner while mocking people of that description.

Talk about stacking the deck. Why not throw in a few symbols like watermelons while we're at it?

Even if you have a right to smoke cigars, there's no sense in sitting on the rim of an open keg of gunpowder while doing it.

Communication is more than just a single word.

Michael

Michael wrote:

I have no problem with a word per se. I do have a problem with a person using a highly loaded term in a public place and saying words like "loath" and so forth right next to it in a spiteful manner while mocking people of that description . . . Talk about stacking the deck. Why not throw in a few symbols like watermelons while we're at it?

end quote

I don’t have the responsibility of running an Objectivist site. And I have a tendency for run on sentences, despised by JR, which disqualifies me for further discourse with his exalted being. I tolerate Equality better than him. I am sorry our pet Xray had to run into that curmudgeon on another thread.

Back to the point . . .

I won’t second guess your awesome decision making. You do it better than I ever could, Michael. Yet?

It is 1955. A “man of color” is walking down the streets of an upper class neighborhood. A police car pulls up beside him and keeps pace with his walking. A voice demands, “Where you going, boy?”

It is 2011. A “white man” is walking down the streets of an East Los Angeles neighborhood. A low-rider car pulls up beside him and keeps pace with his walking. A voice demands, “Where ya goin’ boy?”

If both scenarios are equally appalling why is it only *correct* to acknowledge the first but it is not acceptable to acknowledge the second? Reality exists. As Sarah Palin might say, “Grow a pair. I’m sending mah mama grizzlies to Washington to upset yar Pee Cee pick-nick tables.”

Obviously, civility tends to civilize us. I am not suggesting we NEED to frequently hear offensive words – UNLESS it is, infrequently, and in their correct context. Rules of conduct are needed on a forum, but unfortunately, in today’s climate, the truth is expected to be overlooked, if it might offend. Offense begins with descriptive words and ends with censorship. I agree the “n” word or other racial terms are generally out of place in any forum.

But still . . .

“Lassie, this well looks like a swell place! But we won’t be able to get out unless we shout,” said Timmy.

I have no desire for Objectivist Living to gain a reputation as an offensive site, or as an overly PC site. A balance, when discussing touchy material (which might lead to objectivity,} can be had without censorship. At times, you need to shout.

Peter

Pete,

I have a better name for the hapless rapper--without racial or bigoted overtones:

Dumbass.

After all, what are we to call the white rapper dumbasses (or oriental, etc.) if we use racist language limited only to blacks?

Non-blacks may be a minority in the rapper culture, but they are there.

As to your car scenario, I abhor intimidation of innocents and implied threats of violence--especially tinged with racism--wherever they occur. I have no problem coming down hard on both cases. One does not justify the other.

Michael

¿"Desirve"? Esta palabra no sirve. El autor no es sólo racista, pero también descuidado.

So he's a racist, careless dumbass. Dumbasses are like ice-cream: lots of flavours.