Virgin Galactic takes another step closer to space flight

Please see http://www.comcast.net/articles/news-science/20101011/US.Space.Tourism/

If all goes well Virgin Galactic will soon be able to provide rides into orbit for those who can afford the flight. It is good news because it is the an instance of purely private firms going into the orbital space flight business.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Please see http://www.comcast.net/articles/news-science/20101011/US.Space.Tourism/

If all goes well Virgin Galactic will soon be able to provide rides into orbit for those who can afford the flight. It is good news because it is the an instance of purely private firms going into the orbital space flight business.

Ba'al Chatzaf

LOL...do you have any idea how much government subsidies the Virgin group receives through it's train enterprises?

Please see http://www.comcast.n....Space.Tourism/

Ba'al Chatzaf

LOL...do you have any idea how much government subsidies the Virgin group receives through it's train enterprises?

No I don't. How much of this project received government subsidy?

Ba'al Chatzaf

Ask the bearded one...but the company receives government subsidies in one area, which may cross over to another.

Steven:

So, essentially, you do not know and your assumption is unsupported by any facts.

OK.

It would have been interesting if you did some research on it before you made the charge.

Adam

Soon I'll be planning an Atlas Society seminar in orbit, using Virgin's transportation (when they start providing orbital services) and with the event held in one of Robert Bielow's private space stations!

Ed:

That is the weakest excuse to prevent people from walking out on a seminar I ever heard of!

Adam

Ask the bearded one...but the company receives government subsidies in one area, which may cross over to another.

Who is the bearded one?

Ba'al Chatzaf

Who is the bearded one?

Ba'al Chatzaf

220px-5.3.10RichardBransonByDavidShankbone.jpg

Branson at the Time 100 Gala, 4 May 2010.

Must be this dude ^^^^ their CEO

Steven:

So, essentially, you do not know and your assumption is unsupported by any facts.

OK.

It would have been interesting if you did some research on it before you made the charge.

Adam

Adam,

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2006/dec/13/transportintheuk.travelnews

Just for you! Wasn't hard...I just goggled it, this is one of many articles you'll find on the net. Hope that helps and yep, I do know and my assumption is not an assumption it's a fact!

Steve

Read Atlas Shrugged. Worked for me.

Oh, for heaven's sake. 14 posts and you've already stepped in one. Ah, well . . . :) I'll just wait for the movie . . . That Atlas Shrugged book is reel thik an it ain't got no pitchers innit. I readed the furst sentince an it was stoopid.

rde

It Will Be Alright

Read Atlas Shrugged. Worked for me.

Oh, for heaven's sake. 14 posts and you've already stepped in one. Ah, well . . . :) I'll just wait for the movie . . . That Atlas Shrugged book is reel thik an it ain't got no pitchers innit. I readed the furst sentince an it was stoopid.

rde

It Will Be Alright

I wouldn't hold out much hope for the movie...I mean have you forgotten Battlefield Earth? Why are the films never as good as the books?

Awww, who is Jonnie Goodboy Tyler?

Edited by Kimmler

I wouldn't hold out much hope for the movie...I mean have you forgotten Battlefield Earth? Why are the films never as good as the books?

Actually, the first installment looks very promising, from what has been shown and said. You might want to check out the forum discussions related to it.

r

Steven:

OK.

Adam

Adam,

http://www.guardian....heuk.travelnews

Just for you! Wasn't hard...I just goggled it, this is one of many articles you'll find on the net. Hope that helps and yep, I do know and my assumption is not an assumption it's a fact!

Steve

Steve:

I know it wasn't hard. I was concerned that you were just flippantly posting statements when it was so easy to substantiate.

Thanks.

Adam

Steven:

OK.

Adam

Adam,

http://www.guardian....heuk.travelnews

Steve

Steve:

I know it wasn't hard. I was concerned that you were just flippantly posting statements when it was so easy to substantiate.

Thanks.

Adam

Oh my dear I'm sorry I gave you cause for concern. Now, shouldn't the bearded one be paying back the UK taxpayers instead of spending money on vanity projects?

• 1 month later...

Soon I'll be planning an Atlas Society seminar in orbit, using Virgin's transportation (when they start providing orbital services) and with the event held in one of Robert Bielow's private space stations!

Ed:

That is the weakest excuse to prevent people from walking out on a seminar I ever heard of!

Adam

This walk-out scenario on an Objectivism-in-space lecture does have some possibilities: :rolleyes:

1) Ed publicizes that the title of the lecture will be "The Atlas Society accepts the papal infallibility of Leonard". :o

2) Virgin Galactic deposits the ARIan devotees at the space station to worship :wub: at this historic event, and returns to earth.

3) Ed, David, and Nathaniel stride onto the space station's lecture hall stage and announce, "Surprise! We were just kidding!", :lol:

4) Then, the ARIans walk-out." :angry::wacko:

Ed:

Adam

This walk-out scenario on an Objectivism-in-space lecture does have some possibilities: :rolleyes:

1) Ed publicizes that the title of the lecture will be "The Atlas Society accepts the papal infallibility of Leonard". :o

2) Virgin Galactic deposits the ARIan devotees at the space station to worship :wub: at this historic event, and returns to earth.

3) Ed, David, and Nathaniel stride onto the space station's lecture hall stage and announce, "Surprise! We were just kidding!", :lol:

4) Then, the ARIans walk-out." :angry::wacko:

The only problem is that as it's a Virgin flight it'll be cancelled...just like his wretched trains. Or turn up to a platfrom heaving with bodies with just enough space for 1/3 of them...grrrrrrrrrrr!