Taking a Break - Better Things to Do

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dennis,

How did you obtain this brain scan?... my wife thinks that I may have to initiate legal action against my doctor for sharing my MRI.

- Jerry

Michael, Bob, Jerry---

Is modern medical technology amazing or what?

The same state-of-the-art topographical imaging device was used on my ex-wife. I’m sure she won’t object if I share her test result here... (Like I care if she does. Heh-heh.)

brain_female.jpg

brain_female.jpg

Dennis,

The shoe brain scan is quite apt. I can attest for my wife. My daughter's is similar in shape, but her collection is much smaller. Ugh...

There should be another addition...the impression that a "sale" actual saves money. Ladies, if it leaves the wallet, you're not saving! :)

~ Shane

There is hope, if you are dealing with an intelligent, open-minded woman.

Case in point:

Out of nowhere, my wife, Darlene, came suddenly to the conclusion that she had too many shoes. And this is a very stylish collection of them, I must add; to the point where I was studying them as art objects.

But, I guess, she became Buddhist, as in "divest yourself of material possessions," and proceeded to the divestment.

This caused strange surpise within me, and I made no comment.

Now, I don't trust her in this, really, in that I do believe she will simply donate them, which means other women will covet them in the future.

Still, it is a good first step, if you know what I mean--it cuts down on square, er "footage" problems around the household.

rde

Having one of those symbolism moments.

brain_female.jpg

Dennis,

The shoe brain scan is quite apt. I can attest for my wife. My daughter's is similar in shape, but her collection is much smaller. Ugh...

There should be another addition...the impression that a "sale" actual saves money. Ladies, if it leaves the wallet, you're not saving! :)

~ Shane

Shane,

I'm sure there is some variation in the female brain. For instance, I've heard that, for some women, the 'sex initiator gland' is nearly .0005 per cent larger than normal.

Dennis, I have seen these things before. These are joke models, and you can get them anywhere on the Web. So, let's dispense with you having good Kung Fu, although, I will say that under your current circumstances, it is OK to pull munitions as needed. It wasn't a bad move, but definitely a bit corny. This is the kind of stuff you pass around on old fart sites. On the other hand, I think you do have a deep range of sickness, and I encourage it. Oh yes. I think you probably have a lipstick container in your purse, for that matter, and are ready to write on the mirror with it.

And, we can dispense and have Great Fun with these things on a deeper level elsewhere. But remember, this is Phil's gravesite, and already, despite my finest efforts, it is starting to smell, and appear, as a cheap whorehouse.

Phil<tm> would not have wanted it that way.

Furthermore, according to our prescirbed standards here on OL we are, at the least, entrusted with the idea of staying on-topic in any given Post<tm>.

Obviously, this is problematic on all philosophical forums, and I must say we have handled it, here, more than most.

There is a lot here I wish to say, but, in deference to things (including OMG tee-hee this will be short but it is a bitchin' portabella recipe woops), I must re-Pivot to the Grave of Phil. In that vein, and as a good Intermission, I will shut my mouth and only offer this tribute. Phil, I am still there, your minions are, and we await Your Triumphant Return.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPZF4v6oRck&feature=fvst

Despite All Odds<tm>, despite behaviorally-challenged pseudo-O'ist buckass psycho Mickey Mouse Club Valley Girls Who Type Too Many Characters . . . We, WE, Phil, are the Champions of the World.

Blessed Be, Phil, and %$#^ those grave-defilers.

rde

Carrying on the torch of Manly Boring-ness.

Although both of the brain scans are amusing, there are significant and glaring errors.

Both seem to be "stuck" in some old paradigms and do not reflect the chicafication of the American male as well as the sexual "freeing" of the American female.

For example, see this article from yesterdays Drudge report:

http://www.fitsnews.com/2010/09/22/teacher-sexcapades-update/

Additionally, and I suspect this was always the case, just that the coding was more sub rosa, men and women are virtually equivalent at initiating sex. Therefore, the sex initiation gland appears to be a vestigial representation of a frustrated male paradigm and not reality.

Adam

When Phil announced he was leaving, I thought I heard that most famous line from The Terminator. :) Sure enough, I've seen his name among the online users on the portal page. Anybody want to bet on how long until he starts firing? Or rapping knuckles with a ruler?

Merlin:

It would depend on the odds and the time period.

What odds would you give on ten (10) days to fourteen (14) days?

Adam

Good riddance, I say.

Come on back Phil. You bring out the best/worst in Ninth Doctor, at least.

Good to know I have fans. I think Phil enjoys all this attention, and I might join with Jonathan in explicitly saying good riddance, but I feel certain that that would bring him back all the sooner. So to Rich I say keep it up. Here’s yet another torch song dedication for Phil:

4996805587_2f3bf431c9_m.jpgGone but not forgotten...

Did you come to honor him or to bury him?

Now this is getting positively overwrought!

... but it's life and we don't always get what we want.

http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=7knIi3LGf4M&feature=related

Since Phil has been the primary source here of repetition, careless reading and misrepresentation of what others say, I'm very glad that he's leaving. Hopefully his departure will end up being permanent. Now the rest of us can get back to discussions without constantly being interrupted by a willfully ignorant, presumptuous schoolmarm.

Good riddance, I say.

I recall Phil announcing his departure from OL a few months ago, only to return after a while, so my guess is he will be back before long. ;)

Michael, Bob, Jerry---

Is modern medical technology amazing or what?

The same state-of-the-art topographical imaging device was used on my ex-wife. I’m sure she won’t object if I share her test result here... (Like I care if she does. Heh-heh.)

brain_female.jpg

Although I don't have a large shoe collection, and also don't have a headache generator (neither for real ones nor for faked ones ;)), I still had a good laugh. :D

Edited by Xray

brain_female.jpg

Although I don't have a large shoe collection, and also don't have a headache generator (neither for real ones nor for faked ones ;)), I still had a good laugh. :D

I think the “I told you so” gland also functions as the “If a man said it, it’s wrong” gland.

Ninth underscores the wisdom in banning anonymous posters.

So are you again calling for me to be banned from OL? Ooh, I quiver with fear. In response I have deleted my full name from my user profile, perhaps you weren’t aware of the level of anonymity I’ve been maintaining. The less that entities such as you, considering the evident interest you’re taking, know about me, the better.

I’ve had one brief interaction with you, Shayne [Edit: delete last name and city], in which you, in very short order, called me an idiot, hypocrite, and chronic liar. Repeatedly. Granted, I called you a “jackass not worth talking to”, but only after you wrote that I must be “hearing voices” (this in your very first address to me). I have since avoided you, but apparently that’s not enough, however, this is not your site and you have no say in the guest list.

Bray on.

Edited by Ninth Doctor

Ninth underscores the wisdom in banning anonymous posters.

So are you again calling for me to be banned from OL? Ooh, I quiver with fear. In response I have deleted my full name from my user profile, perhaps you weren’t aware of the level of anonymity I’ve been maintaining. The less that entities such as you, considering the evident interest you’re taking, know about me, the better.

If I had an interest you then I would have bothered looking at your full profile. I recognize that this kind of reasoning is beyond your abilities.

Your nature is clear, and you have every reason to want to hide, based on evidence from your responses to me in a different thread where you threaten me with lawsuits, and here, where you take images of Philip and tack them onto a woman's body, and where you list my full name and state of residence when it is clear that my preference is to not to have that information prominent, and you clearly have the same kind of preference and so understand the reasons why. This last fits in with your threat of physical harassment of me. I clearly have more reason to be paranoid about someone like you, who raises the specter of physical harassment, than you do of me, who merely morally judges you as seriously deficient.

Shayne

you threaten me with lawsuits, and here, where you take images of Philip and tack them onto a woman's body, and where you list my full name and state of residence when it is clear that my preference is to not to have that information prominent, and you clearly have the same kind of preference and so understand the reasons why.

I’ve edited my post to remove the information, easily come by though it was. Your preference was hardly clear, but I’ll respect it as you should mine. Once again, I never threatened you with a lawsuit, however you’re reading comprehension is so poor there’s little point reviewing that again. Concerning the photo of Phil, that was Jonathan’s production, he posted it on another thread, I merely linked to it.

In closing, get a life.

I’ve edited my post to remove the information, easily come by though it was. Your preference was hardly clear, but I’ll respect it as you should mine.

Thanks, though it is quite obvious what my preference is -- it is exactly what I implemented.

Concerning the photo of Phil, that was Jonathan’s production, he posted it on another thread, I merely linked to it.

I object to this kind of crude high-school bully behavior, and I note that you enjoy indulging in it. Of course, as far as I know, you are a 16-year-old high school student. If that is the case then I should apologize for holding you to overly high expectations both in behavior and in intellect.

Shayne

Well, Michael, so far, so good, no?

But let's get back to Phil. He did have his glory days. The man, the myth, the legend.

Rich,

I'm confused.

Did you come to honor him or to bury him?

:)

(I don't have any opinion, myself...)

Michael

I don't see why it would have to be limited to one or the other . . . Meanwhile, I have a few signup sheets.

1. Volunteers needed to maintain the We are Waiting for You Phil Thread. This is like grave-tending: just leave flowers, clean things up. That sort of thing.

2. Fantasy Phil Betting Pool. Informal bets accepted. I am having a little trouble calculating a line, but right now it's roughly 70/30 Vegas odds Phil will resurrect within 60 days of his tragic departure. These are wide, fat odds, but there a number of variables, after all. If someone has a better setup for the betting pool, feel free to take this one over.

Meanwhile, things seem to be going well, in that everyone active on the thread are doing precisely all the things Phil bitches about. This will make him happy in that he has proof of concept. It's the least we can do.

rde

Where, oh where has my little Phil gone, oh where oh where could he be?

Edited by Rich Engle