Judge Andrew P. Napolitano

GALTGULCH8

Gulch,

Why not embed it? The embed function is very easy to learn.

<object width="518" height="419"><param name="movie" value="http://www.eyeblast.tv/public/eyeblast.swf?v=XdZuQuqGkU" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://www.eyeblast.tv/public/eyeblast.swf?v=XdZuQuqGkU" allowfullscreen="true" width="518" height="419" /></object>

The speech is about a half-hour long. After an introduction by Glenn Beck, Judge Napolitano gets off to a rocky start with a few groaner jokes, but then he gets on a roll and grabs you by the mind and heart and starts shaking and doesn't stop until the end.

What a wonderful powerful speech!

He also gave one of the best nutshell statements of how the Founding Fathers derived individual rights and Natural Law from God (specifically Madison) I have ever heard--God made us in His image and He has freedom, therefore we have freedom.

It sounds beautiful the way he did it

(Despite the beauty, I believe the Divine origin of rights is the crack where the bad stuff passes through, and the reason we keep on having successful attempts to trample rights, but that is a discussion for another time.)

I already liked Judge Napolitano from seeing him on Fox. After watching this speech, I am a fan.

I hope this dude runs for high office one day. He is both professionally qualified and morally fit.

Michael

I moved this to the Fox section since Judge Napolitano has his own TV show on the Fox Business Network.

I do hope more people watch this speech. I have even received offline praise of it.

Here is a blog that archives videos of all episodes of his Fox show, Freedom Watch. The blog is called:

Freedom Watch With The Judge.

I can't tell if this belongs to Judge Napolitano or not, but it's good to have on record.

btw - Here is his bio from the Fox site:

Andrew P. Napolitano is the host of Freedom Watch on FOX Business Network (FBN). He also serves as Senior Judicial Analyst, providing legal analysis on both FOX News Channel (FNC) and FBN.

Prior to joining FNC in 1998, Judge Napolitano served as a Superior Court Justice and earned distinction as the youngest life-tenured Superior Court judge in the history of the State of New Jersey. While on the bench from 1987 to 1995, he tried more than 150 jury trials and sat in all parts of the Superior Court. For 11 years, he served as an adjunct professor of constitutional law at Seton Hall Law School, where he provided instruction in constitutional law and jurisprudence. Judge Napolitano returned to private law practice in 1995 and began television broadcasting in the same year.

Judge Napolitano has written five books: “Constitutional Chaos: What Happens When the Government Breaks Its Own Laws”; the New York Times bestseller, “The Constitution in Exile: How the Federal Government Has Seized Power by Rewriting the Supreme Law of the Land”; “A Nation of Sheep”; “Dred Scott’s Revenge: A Legal History of Race and Freedom in America”; and “Lies the Government Told You: Myth, Power, and Deception in American History,” also a New York Times bestseller.

He received his undergraduate degree from Princeton University in 1972 and received his Juris Doctor from University of Notre Dame in 1975.

Once again, I do hope this guy thinks about running for high office one day.

Michael