A little fun with Olbermann

A little fun with Olbermann

Here's Beck doing one of the things he does best--mocking the sanctimonious and pompous jerks in the media who think:

book learning + vain posturing = wisdom

There's nothing wrong with book learning per se. In fact, access to the sheer quantity of books we now have is one of the wonders of modern life and a fantastic tool for achieving great things. But in the hands of conceited people with poor character, it becomes a tool to practice social metaphysics in the worst meaning of the term.

Keith Olbermann is one such person and he richly deserves the roasting he got from Beck and his radio crew.

Glenn Beck mocks Keith Olbermann on Sherrod Special Comment

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

This doesn't really have much to do with the mainstream spread of philosophical principles that I want to highlight in this OL section on Beck, but it sure felt good...

:)

Michael

Here's Beck doing one of the things he does best--mocking the sanctimonious and pompous jerks in the media

Pot vs. Kettle, Beck gets just as comically overdramatic as part of his act.

Dennis,

Beck's primary focus was not to mock Olbermann for over-dramatizing. It was for looking down his nose at normal people.

Beck always mocks pompous people who look down their nose at the "lesser folks." Especially as this is a marked characteristic of progressive intellectuals and many academics. (Unfortunately, we have our share here in O-Land and l-land.)

As to over-dramatizing, I cannot imagine Beck criticizing anyone for over-dramatizing qua over-dramatizing as a style of presentation. He's even on record defending it.

I thought this was clear...

Michael