Find My Content

Now I can't find my posts any longer, only the last threads I've been posting on. Just like SOLOP. It was bad enough when this place was improved so you could only find your last 200 posts sequentially. I'll simply try searching "Brant" from now on. I don't give a damn about the threads that way.

--Brant

pissed off as usual

edit: that didn't work; all I got was threads

edit: You can't send me a message any longer either, which I had nothing to do with

Edited by Brant Gaede

Now I can't find my posts any longer, only the last threads I've been posting on. Just like SOLOP. It was bad enough when this place was improved so you could only find your last 200 posts sequentially. I'll simply try searching "Brant" from now on. I don't give a damn about the threads that way.

--Brant

pissed off as usual

edit: that didn't work; all I got was threads

edit: You can't send me a message any longer either, which I had nothing to do with

Brant, please no offense taken but you are truly sooo funny and cute. I've seen some funny funny stuff going on these past few days but this one and your responses and reactions are just absolutely classic and took the cake and can't help but laugh so hard. No probs telling us what you think and then the pissed off as usual had me laughing. Then your attempt at it again and the third was the straw that broke the camel's back so to speak. It's like a kid running from the scene of something that went wrong saying, I didn't touch it; it was broke when I got there.

Seriously laughing hard and cheeks hurt from smiling so much. Although you're upset and not laughing at that but just how cute you've responded to it and the way you've worded your frustration with it. Take a deep breath, hon!!!!

Thx, Angie girl. I saw the humor after you pointed it out.

--Brant

grrrrg, grrrrg

LOL!!! I'm glad you saw the humor. Oh my!! I must admit I do have a strange sense of humor sometimes or perhaps most of the time. Oi :) When reading your post, I had this visual in my head and couldn't help but giggle. *sighing* It's been one of those weeks.

Losing his posts, and now, losing his mind...haha!

Chin up, Brant. Did you check the freezer?

~ Shane

Losing his posts, and now, losing his mind...haha!

Chin up, Brant. Did you check the freezer?

~ Shane

Nah, he ain't losin' his mind. Oh, god, you guys are killing me right now. Oh hell, it's seriously been one of those weeks. Too much damn work, all the cleaning up of people's really bad English and/or attempting to punctuate somewhat half way decent and their poor English, etc., all day has made me a bit loopy and perhaps a much needed break. *phew* Shane, even though you said, "Losing his posts," I initially thought it said, "Losing his pants, and now, losing his mind...." Oh, man, and then the rest of it, I got this visual in my head of it and *phew* can't stop laughing. Damn, I think it's time for a much needed quick nap to recharge a bit or a few hours nap and then more work.

Thanks for the laughs though!!!

Brant,

Here's what I wrote to Xray. It's not the only new way, but it is quick, easy to understand and it works.

Xray,

I fiddled with it a bit and came up with the following:

1. Go to "My Profile" in the dropdown menu underneath your name at the top right of the normal forum page.
  2. Once on the profile page, click on the "Find My Content" button at the left.
  3. On the Content page, there is a dropdown menu on the right, directly above the content listings. It says, "Find all topics xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx has posted in or started." If you open that menu, you will see two other options, "View all topics xxxxxxxxxxx has started," and "View all posts by xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx." Choose which you want and click the "Update" button.

"xxxxxxxxxxx" means the poster, which means you, which means your name should appear where I give "xxxxxxxxxxx."

That should do ya'.

God, I hate updates. But if I don't do them, the spammers come.

On the bright side, this new way looks like it will be better once you get used to it.

Michael

* Go to "My Profile" in the dropdown menu underneath your name at the top right of the normal forum page.

* Once on the profile page, click on the "Find My Content" button at the left.

* On the Content page, there is a dropdown menu on the right, directly above the content listings. It says, "Find all topics xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx has posted in or started." If you open that menu, you will see two other options, "View all topics xxxxxxxxxxx has started," and "View all posts by xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx." Choose which you want and click the "Update" button.

I chose the last option and it did what you say. However, the latest post shown was "Yesterday, 10:04 AM". I posted at least 3 times since then -- here, here, and here.

There are at least three problems, Michael. First a lot of posts are skipped. Second you can't click on the post to go to the thread. Third, you get the complete post which is almost worthless if you can't go to the thread from there and which negates quick scrolling.

--Brant

it was better before; the new stuff is next to worhless--and I had nothing to do with it

Actually, you don't even have to go to the profile page. Just go directly to "My Content" in the dropdown menu underneath your name at the top right of the normal forum page.

Also, the program is possibly not indexing recent posts until you leave OL and come back or something like that. Or maybe there's a time lag.

Michael