Yaron Brook talk in San Diego

Roger Bissell

I'd really like to be able to attend this, but I can't make it in time from work (Anaheim CA). I'm hoping he will again speak on it in our area and/or put out the talk as a DVD...REB

====================================================

Yaron Brook: What can you do to stop the alarming expansion of government?

Type: Education - Lecture

Date: Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Time: 6:30pm - 8:30pm

Street: 3777 La Jolla Village Drive

City/Town: San Diego, CA

View Map

DescriptionWhat can you do to stop the alarming expansion of government?

If, like many Americans, you feel a growing sense of helplessness over the government's growing intrusions into our economy and our daily lives, you'll want to attend a timely discussion by one of the foremost advocates of free markets and individual rights.

On Tuesday, April 27, Dr.Yaron Brook, Executive Director of the Ayn Rand Center for Individual Rights, will discuss the critical question that a growing number of frustrated Americans are asking themselves: "What can I do to reverse the accelerating trend of government intrusion into our economy, our businesses, and our private lives? What actions can I take to stop the relentless erosion of our individual rights and economic freedom?"

Should you join a group, write a letter, make a speech? Would any of these actions really make a difference? What can one person do to change the world? Dr. Brook will discuss these questions in depth, including practical advice on what to do - and what not to do. Formal remarks will last about 40 minutes, followed by a lively Q&A and discussion.

Time: Tuesday April 27th, 6:30 to 8:30 pm

3777 La Jolla Village Drive

San Diego, CA 92122

http://lajolla.hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels/index.jsp

Validated parking

Complimentary hors d'oeuvres and soft drinks

No-host bar

Don't miss this unique presentation. Become inspired and learn to take meaningful action!

RSVP: Reply to Jim Brown by email (jimbrown@brandes.com) or phone 858-523-3275.

About the speaker:

Yaron Brook, PhD, has been President and Executive Director of the Ayn Rand Institute, Irvine, CA, since 2000. Dr. Brook is a frequent guest on CNBC, CNN, Fox News, the National Press Club, and national radio talk shows. He has published numerous articles in national newspapers and magazines including Forbes, the Wall Street Journal, and Businessweek, to name a few. In addition to his work at ARI, he has extensive professional experience as a finance professor both at the University of Texas at Austin and Santa Clara University, as a private equity fund manager, and as a military intelligence officer.

This event is sponsored by the Ayn Rand Center for Individual Rights

Hosted by Jim Brown and Kathy Justice