J D Hayward at ARI event

Chris Grieb

J D Hayward is a former GOP congressman who is currently running against John McCain for the US Senate. I am of mixed emotions about the primary, McCain has committed many sins against freedom. However Hayward is big on illegal immigration and was also endorsed by Sheriff Joe who has committed and continues to many sins against freedom.

Hayward is speaking at an ARI event which seemed to have none of usual speaker. I will get back with more information.

J D Hayward is a former GOP congressman who is currently running against John McCain for the US Senate. I am of mixed emotions about the primary, McCain has committed many sins against freedom. However Hayward is big on illegal immigration and was also endorsed by Sheriff Joe who has committed and continues to many sins against freedom.

Hayward is speaking at an ARI event which seemed to have none of usual speaker. I will get back with more information.

Hayward is an obnoxious blowhard. I cannot imagine why any Objectivist group would invite him to speak.

Ghs

Chris wrote:

However Hayward is big on illegal immigration and was also endorsed by Sheriff Joe who has committed and continues to many sins against freedom.

What's wrong with being against illegal immigration?Temporary visas work great, and the travelers first step onto American soil is not breaking the law. In Ocean City Maryland we import Irish, Russian, and Romanian temporary summer help, and market forces still prevail. And Sheriff's are elected, aren't they? They are in Maryland. Let the voting market decide about the compentency of Sheriff Joe.

Chris wrote:

Excellent! I may send him some more dough, if he actually says something of substance at the event. The recent interview in The Limbaugh Letter with Paul Ryan wasn't that informative. I thought Ryan was already walking on eggs, and he hasn't yet announced.

Keep us informed Chris.

Peter

Reidy wrote:

An obnoxious blowhard should feel right at home with the ARI principals (and aspiring principals).

end quote

Is “obnoxious blowhard” an oxymoron? I think JD is very sure of himself as a rational and right thinking patriot and politician, who wants to be elected not to “rule” but to serve his country because it is in his self interest.

Now changing the spelling slightly, I feel right at home with ARI principles (which must mirror Ayn Rand’s) and the *aspiring* principles at The Atlas Society. Peter, I also do not like the closed minds of a supposedly rationally individualistic society.

The reason ARI will eventually become “the fringe,” is because they can only comment on what Ayn wrote. Trust people who say I am seeking the truth, and not someone who insists, “I found the Truth!” for a closed mind demands obedience. The Atlas Society and individual writers (and biographers) can aspire to build on her principles with new thinking, and new contextually correct *Philosophy.* The weight of innovation will make ARI irrelevant.

You would be another fine candidate to update the Ayn Rand Lexicon.

Now if I had a billion dollars I would buy the rights to all that Ayn Rand wrote (and still owned by ARI,) and the movie rights to The Fountainhead, We The Living, Anthem, and Atlas Shrugged.

That new James Bond guy, Daniel Craig, would be great for a new Howard Roark movie. Could we work in some fight scenes? And have Howard rebuild better twin towers?

Hmmm? Jodie or Angelina? I just saw a recent picture of Jodie (what beautiful breasts she has) and she is still my favorite Dagny. Would you update the railroad terminals to airline terminals, or even go ten years into our future and imagine space age flight? Oh, oh, what would Reardan be the inventor of? Of course, Reardan metal could be used to build Arthur C. Clark’s space elevators, but that is pretty far fetched. Would it be more sensible to keep the railroads but upgrade them to bullet trains running on Reardan Metal?

Semper cogitans fidele,

Peter Taylor

Hayward is an obnoxious blowhard. I cannot imagine why any Objectivist group would invite him to speak.

Ghs

Ghs; Could you tell us what you really think?

The only ARI person is the moderator Elan Janaro(sic).

I must add that I am having very mixed feelings about Hayward's campaign against John McCain. Ayn Rand once said that to vote for a certain candidate was to vote against the future while to vote for the other candidate was to vote against the past. McCain has committed many sins against freedom and his campaign against Obama was just awful so his defeat would be a good move except the GOP nominee will be Hayward.