Hello There

psychoanaleesis

First off, I'm so glad that I found this objectivist forum/site besides the ARI. I'm a graduate of psychology here in the Philippines but primarily I am. Ha ha. I wish to contribute to some of the topics/boards here and looking forward to an enlightening discussion with you fellows.

Hello David. Welcome to Objectivist Living. We need a resident psychologist 8-) We have too many Mad Hatters.

Check out the paucity of material in the “psychology” department.

I wrote on a brief thread there:

In fact it is kind of a running joke that objectivists just 'know' who each other are in a crowd by their 'way' of looking.

Rand argued in her fiction writing lectures that it would be not only counterproductive but literally impossible for an artist *consciously* to justify each choice he makes while creating a work. The only workable method is to rely on your subconscious while writing and then *edit later* using your conscious judgment.

end quote

I hope you take up "residence" here.

Semper cogitans fidele,

Peter Taylor

Nutcase reporting for duty!

Welcome to OL - great country the Philippines, we have a long, long history back to the Huk revolution for sure. Now she is the argument for women in the military!!!!

978-0-299-23094-4-thumb.jpg

Amazons of the Huk Rebellion: Gender, Sex, and Revolution in the Philippines

Vina Lanzona

Publisher: University of Wisconsin Press, 2009

ISBN-10: 0-299-23094-5 (Paper); 0-299-23093-7 (Electronic)

ISBN-13: 978-0-299-23094-4 (Paper); 978-0-299-23093-7 (Electronic)

Labeled “Amazons” by the national press, women played a central role in the Huk rebellion, one of the most significant peasant-based revolutions in modern Philippine history. As spies, organizers, nurses, couriers, soldiers, and even military commanders, women worked closely with men to resist first Japanese occupation and later, after WWII, to challenge the new Philippine republic. But in the midst of the uncertainty and violence of rebellion, these women also pursued personal lives, falling in love, becoming pregnant, and raising families, often with their male comrades-in-arms.

Drawing on interviews with over one hundred veterans of the movement, Vina A. Lanzona explores the Huk rebellion from the intimate and collective experiences of its female participants, demonstrating how their presence, and the complex questions of gender, family, and sexuality they provoked, ultimately shaped the nature of the revolutionary struggle.

Adam

I remember reading an article about the world’s most beautiful women. There is always a racial or cultural bias, so a poll was taken from around the world. All races were asked, “What women are the most beautiful? Many Cultures, British and their former colonies, Arabic, Asian, Indian, and African, were asked, “Which women are the most beautiful?”

The majority consensus was “Women From The Philippines.” What a burden. Or is it a blessing? When I saw your picture I thought, well the guys aren’t bad either. I will refrain from telling the gay guys you are here, since you said, “Not looking,” in your profile.

Usually, there is a welcoming committee, and you should have had several “official greeters” by now. They must be tied, up or distracted.

Those guys who said hi, Ninth Doctor, and Adam, could use your services. They are not the official welcoming committee, but they are Mad Hatters.

Perhaps, you can start a psychologist’s advice column here. “Doc, I keep having this recurring dream about winning the lottery . . . “

Check out Nethanial Branden’s corner. He is a psy guy.

Straight as an arrow, but benevolent and tolerant,

Semper cogitans fidele,

Peter Taylor

Good Lord!

There is always a racial or cultural bias,...

I can't even get past the second sentence!

That is not true.

Adam

Those guys who said hi, Ninth Doctor, and Adam, could use your services. They are not the official welcoming committee, but they are Mad Hatters.

If only Peter would complete his cheshire cat impression with a disappearing act. It’s in the script. But alas, he’s ingested too many magic mushrooms to comprehend directions.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhxZoTKxRbo&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhxZoTKxRbo&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhxZoTKxRbo&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>CheshireCat.jpg

Yuck, what an repulsive, vulgar disneyfied Cheshire cat, I prefer the Tenniel original:

The original looks like one witty pussy, the Disney version looks silly, goofy. Remember, this is about Peter.