The Revolutionary Holocaust, Live Free or Die

kiaer.ts

This will be a don't miss documentary. Here is the 1m44s trailer

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0e_OFwtJMRY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0e_OFwtJMRY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0e_OFwtJMRY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

This will be a don't miss documentary. Here is the 1m44s trailer

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0e_OFwtJMRY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0e_OFwtJMRY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0e_OFwtJMRY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Don't get FoxNews here in Shanghai. HOpefully I"ll get access to this documentary (which Glenn Beck has been touting for some time now).

Regards,

Bill P

Ted:

Thank you so much.

Drop by more often, I enjoy your company, comments and commentary.

Adam

I am missing the point. Who or what is that snippet talking about. If you want holocausts you can go back to the Terror of the French Revolution. Or if you like slow motion holocausts the hundred years war.

Could someone clarify what this snippet was about?

Ba'al Chatzaf

I am missing the point. Who or what is that snippet talking about. If you want holocausts you can go back to the Terror of the French Revolution. Or if you like slow motion holocausts the hundred years war. Could someone clarify what this snippet was about? Ba'al Chatzaf

Well, we will know soon enough, but it seems to be that communism killed people and that communists were mass murderers. As Ted Keer cross-posted this commercial advertisement, allow me to cross-post links to very similar material aired earlier by others. (Note the similar images and thematic presentation.)

Leftwing Roots of the Nazis

George Bernard Shaw supports Hitler

(More complete quote than in Glenn Beck trailer.)

Why killing is essential to communism

Basques and Slavs are racial trash, said Engels.

This is a one-hour documentary on mass murder in the name of collectivism. That of Hitler was minor. I thought the word trailer in my first post was self explanatory. Marotta's imagination that Beck would simply replay other clips from YouTube turned out, oddly, to be innacurate. It is a newly produced historical analysis. For some reason my browser won't copy the embed code, but you can simply visit this address to see the first clip. The show also repeats at 2am tonite (1-23-10) if you see this post in time. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWAAqsoRG3g&feature=player_embedded

Bob,

I agree that the trailer is confusing. If you see it within the context of watching Glenn Beck on his show (or in an interview) talking about what is coming, it makes sense. But on a cold viewing, it's a jumbled mess.

I saw the documentary and it was much, much better.

Beck's theme is that the Progressive movement started somewhere around the time of Theodore Roosevelt and is the true growing cancer in American society. Today a Progressive and a liberal are so similar as to be almost identical. This includes endorsing and promoting collectivism, statism, environmentalism, and a host of other isms.

To sell these isms under the shining light of the image of our Founding Fathers is almost impossible, though, so the Progressive tactic has been to rewrite history. The heroism of our Founding Fathers has been downplayed and they have been presented as highly flawed individuals. Then famous collectivists (often bloody dictators) have been romanticized.

Witness the Che tee-shirts everywhere, the image of Mao as grandfatherly, etc. George Bernard Shaw is shown gushing about Mussolini before WWII, showing that the Progressive habit of glorifying bloody dictators and presenting them as harmless or as great humanitarians goes back to older times.

In Stalin's case, I believe Beck misfired by focusing on him through this lens since Stalin is already widely regarded as evil. The good part of that focus, though, is that the mainstream audience was presented with the fact that Stalin was just as evil, if not more so, than Hitler. Everybody knows what the Holocaust was. Almost nobody (mainstream audience-wise) knows what the Holodomor was.

So Beck's idea is to present historical footage of these butchers, with commentary, interviews, etc., and the ridiculousness of how the Progressives have made these monsters become cool. And to give the reasons why they are doing it.

One of the parts I really enjoyed was the idea of taking modern cool tee-shirts glorifying these monsters and stamping a flip side on them. For instance, Beck showed a pretty girl modeling a tee-shirt of Che Guevarra on the front, and when she turned around there is a quote from Guevarra in big honking letters: "The Negro is indolent and lazy, and spends his money on frivolities, whereas the European is forward-looking, organized and intelligent."

On a tee-shirt of Mao, the flip side says: "This Tee-Shirt Killed 65,000,000 People."

And so on.

It's a cool idea. In fact, I just might make an online boutique for this.

All in all, the documentary should elicit a lot of commentary. But to me, it fell a bit flat and was over-stylized (overkill on jiggling letters with white noise indicating static, too-frequent cuts from one thing to another giving the impression of a collage instead of a narrative, etc.). Also, I already knew a lot of the stuff in it. I'm not a typical mainstream viewer in this respect, and I've been gone from the States for a 32 year block, so there is a resonance issue I might not feel that others do. I can't help but feel that the best from Beck is yet to come.

But for the mainstream? It will be interesting to see what the reaction of Joe Six-Pack will be.

Michael

Bob,

I agree that the trailer is confusing. If you see it within the context of watching Glenn Beck on his show (or in an interview) talking about what is coming, it makes sense. But on a cold viewing, it's a jumbled mess.

I saw the documentary and it was much, much better.

Beck's theme is that the Progressive movement started somewhere around the time of Theodore Roosevelt and is the true growing cancer in American society. Today a Progressive and a liberal are so similar as to be almost identical. This includes endorsing and promoting collectivism, statism, environmentalism, and a host of other isms.

To sell these isms under the shining light of the image of our Founding Fathers is almost impossible, though, so the Progressive tactic has been to rewrite history. The heroism of our Founding Fathers has been downplayed and they have been presented as highly flawed individuals. Then famous collectivists (often bloody dictators) have been romanticized.

Witness the Che tee-shirts everywhere, the image of Mao as grandfatherly, etc. George Bernard Shaw is shown gushing about Mussolini before WWII, showing that the Progressive habit of glorifying bloody dictators and presenting them as harmless or as great humanitarians goes back to older times.

In Stalin's case, I believe Beck misfired by focusing on him through this lens since Stalin is already widely regarded as evil. The good part of that focus, though, is that the mainstream audience was presented with the fact that Stalin was just as evil, if not more so, than Hitler. Everybody knows what the Holocaust was. Almost nobody (mainstream audience-wise) knows what the Holodomor was.

So Beck's idea is to present historical footage of these butchers, with commentary, interviews, etc., and the ridiculousness of how the Progressives have made these monsters become cool. And to give the reasons why they are doing it.

One of the parts I really enjoyed was the idea of taking modern cool tee-shirts glorifying these monsters and stamping a flip side on them. For instance, Beck showed a pretty girl modeling a tee-shirt of Che Guevarra on the front, and when she turned around there is a quote from Guevarra in big honking letters: "The Negro is indolent and lazy, and spends his money on frivolities, whereas the European is forward-looking, organized and intelligent."

On a tee-shirt of Mao, the flip side says: "This Tee-Shirt Killed 65,000,000 People."

And so on.

It's a cool idea. In fact, I just might make an online boutique for this.

All in all, the documentary should elicit a lot of commentary. But to me, it fell a bit flat and was over-stylized (overkill on jiggling letters with white noise indicating static, too-frequent cuts from one thing to another giving the impression of a collage instead of a narrative, etc.). Also, I already knew a lot of the stuff in it. I'm not a typical mainstream viewer in this respect, and I've been gone from the States for a 32 year block, so there is a resonance issue I might not feel that others do. I can't help but feel that the best from Beck is yet to come.

But for the mainstream? It will be interesting to see what the reaction of Joe Six-Pack will be.

Michael

All of what Beck said, then, is basically in Liberal Fascism, Goldberg's great book...

Edited by anonrobt

Robert,

And what Beck said in Common Sense (I know because I read that one).

I'm curious about something.

Why do people think it is a fault for Beck to present views that other people happen to hold? Is he supposed to have a monopoly on these thoughts or something?

He often prefaces his remarks with a comment that these thoughts are not original with him and mentions his sources, actually holding up a book to the camera saying, "I got this idea from here. You need to read this." I have seen that several times already. But I have seen him go far beyond mentioning his sources, he interviews them.

What's the deal? I don't get it.

Michael

Michael:

He is a recovering drug addict. He chose to be a Mormon.

Therefore, he is weird to people. Plus the underlying sneering whisper crap is that:

1) he is just in it for the money;

2) he is a country bumpkin who is a snake oil salesman, a Music Man, a con man like Andy Griffith in A Face In The Crowd ; and worst of all,

3) he crys on the air!

I don't watch his TV show, but I enjoy his radio show. While I was in Virginia, his show was where I heard about Jennifer Burns and heard him interview her.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=_1Ty1iIq-Rk

Interesting this was released in 1957 and of course had the incredibly sexy Patricia Neal...hmmm

Frankly, I believe he was a pivotal person in this whole general citizen awareness and uprising. Hell, he has given Ayn and her ideas tremendous exposure.

I love the guy. The effete "intellectuals" are sooo above him, but then again they make me sick to my stomach anyway.

Adam

Edited by Selene

Adam,

There is one thing I do know about Glenn Beck. He's getting the freedom message out to the mainstream in a manner and to the extent I haven't seen come from any other single person so far, intellectual or otherwise.

I think he is getting a lot done by default, too.

For instance, he's made the Founding Fathers cool. He's actually made it cool to put George Washington on a tee-shirt and show up in high-school or at a shopping mall. He's made it cool to say "Don't tread on me" instead of "We shall overcome" or "Yes we can."

I think that's a far better message than sneering at young folks who use a Che Guevara image for decoration. The young are not listening to the sneers, anyway. They never have for that kind of thing. But they sure are starting to listen to Beck big-time.

An interesting thing about his audience is that the demographic for his TV show is mostly housewives. The five o'clock slot is too early for many working men and the 2 AM rerun is too late.

But he writes best-selling books, plays to sell-out crowds with Bill O'Reilly, hosts a top radio show and God knows what else. Now he is producing documentaries. Sure he is trying to find his voice., but I think it's "move over Michael Moore" time a'comin' and a'comin' soon.

The guy's a hell of a communicator. I absolutely love him.

I have always admired competence. Those who sneer at him should study him and try to figure out what he does that works.

Michael

An interesting thing about his audience is that the demographic for his TV show is mostly housewives. The five o'clock slot is too early for many working men and the 2 AM rerun is too late.

But he writes best-selling books, plays to sell-out crowds with Bill O'Reilly, hosts a top radio show and God knows what else. Now he is producing documentaries. Sure he is trying to find his voice., but I think it's "move over Michael Moore" time a'comin' and a'comin' soon.

Michael

2 AM EST equals 11 PM PST. I wouldn't doubt that a good many Left Coasters find him more interesting than Leno, Conan, or Letterman. And there's always Tivo/DVR.

But Moroni forbid :) he should ever fall to the level of being a Michael Moore!

Jeffrey S.

Marotta's imagination that Beck would simply replay other clips from YouTube turned out, oddly, to be innacurate.

Ted Keer's claim about my intention is also wide of the mark. My point was clearly that this has been done before. These scenes have been shown before. Other produces have sold this idea before.

As it turns out, I was right. Not only was much of this rehashed -- some original; I had no idea that Che Guevara made racist generalizations -- but Glenn Beck's website does not credit these sources.

Also, to take the matter at hand directly, Beck glossed over some fundamentals in order to make points that his neo-con viewers were pre-disposed to accept. The segment about the Cuban general who was executed begged a few questions. His family claimed that he was a patriot and against Batista. So, where was he during the revolution? How did he remain a general opposed to the dictator? His father was also a general. Unless we have a special case, it seems that the guy was executed for either of two reasons: he failed to support the revolution; or, opposing it, he failed to mount an effective defense.

Mike M.

Michael,

To be precise, public domain works do not have to be credited, although it is nice if they are.

My own argument is against the impression that Beck never credits anyone for anything, and where he is not the originator of an idea, his work has no merit whatsoever. Your posts give the impression that this is your view of him.

It might not be, but the impression comes off like that.

I have seen Beck credit people many times and often interview them. He is also a seminal force in helping change this country for the better. I think you miss the mark by calling him a Neocon. I would agree that Hannity is a Neocon, but not Beck. Politically, I see him as more of a Common Man with an uncommon interest in liberty and our Founding Fathers.

btw - I agree about the vagueness of the information on the Cuban general who was executed. I might look up some information about him. Going from what I have observed and lived over decades, Latin American generals usually do not come with Certificates of Sainthood.

Michael

Marotta's imagination that Beck would simply replay other clips from YouTube turned out, oddly, to be innacurate.

Ted Keer's claim about my intention is also wide of the mark. My point was clearly that this has been done before. These scenes have been shown before. Other produces have sold this idea before.

As it turns out, I was right. Not only was much of this rehashed -- some original; I had no idea that Che Guevara made racist generalizations -- but Glenn Beck's website does not credit these sources.

Also, to take the matter at hand directly, Beck glossed over some fundamentals in order to make points that his neo-con viewers were pre-disposed to accept. The segment about the Cuban general who was executed begged a few questions. His family claimed that he was a patriot and against Batista. So, where was he during the revolution? How did he remain a general opposed to the dictator? His father was also a general. Unless we have a special case, it seems that the guy was executed for either of two reasons: he failed to support the revolution; or, opposing it, he failed to mount an effective defense.

Mike M.

You refer to "Beck and his neo-con viewers."

Data, please? I know you refer to Beck's VIEWERS as neo-cons, not Beck. Got data showing Beck's viewers are neo-con in higher proportion than the population of the USA at large?

Or do you mean to imply that Beck is neo-con? I've be very interested in hearing your characterization of the neo-con movement, and how you see Beck fits into it - in terms of the positions he takes. He has hardly been a friend to the neo-cons.

Regards,

Bill P

To be precise, public domain works do not have to be credited, although it is nice if they are.

My own argument is against the impression that Beck never credits anyone for anything, and where he is not the originator of an idea, his work has no merit whatsoever. Your posts give the impression that this is your view of him.

... Latin American generals usually do not come with Certificates of Sainthood.

Michael

If you care to, go back and actually watch the videos I provided links for. I would be surprised if they are public domain works. They look very modern and recent. The point is that others -- including Ayn Rand, of course -- have pointed out the consonance of communism and fascism, the Nazi-Soviet Pact, the meaning of the red banner with swastika, and so forth. John Toland's biography of Adolph Hitler touches on all of that. It is mainstream knowledge to anyone who cares. I did not recognize the language in the one video -- was it Latvian or Esperanto? -- but that the French Communists supported the German invasion was already someone else's film a few years ago.

I am really out on a limb on Glenn Beck because this show was the first one I watched all the way through. In fact, I was surprised by what he looks like. I had no image of him. So, it is not for me to say whether he is good or bad when he is original or derivative, I only point out that going crazy over this show as if it will change the world with its startling new and powerful message is just plain silly.

Finally, I would be surprised if Latin American generals came with certificates of live birth. We forget what it means, that the United States of America was modeled on a medieval city, a bourgeois society, while Latin America's hacienda systems perpetuated feudalism. Also, our religious diversity required social conventions that simply do not obtain in Latin America. We think it is wrong to oppress those with whom you disagree -- it happens; but we know it is wrong -- for them, it is expected, normal and appropriate. That's why they can have Juan Peron and Hugo Chavez.

Michael,

You really are out on a limb in this discussion, from what constitutes public domain to Beck to certificates of live birth in Latin America.

I suggest you get a little more familiar with the material before making Custer's Last Stand on an issue. Take a look at audience appeal while you are at it in order to perceive the practical difference between a top TV show and an obscure YouTube video.

I love your outside the box thinking, but I will wait for you to catch up on these issues before commenting further on your comments about them.

Michael

Michael:

Another reason I love Beck is because he really gets under the marxist's skin...

"Posted: 27 Jan 2010 09:10 AM PST

It's abundantly clear that the "George Soros steno pool known as Media Matters for America" really didn't like Glenn Beck's TV documentary, "The Revolutionary Holocaust," and for good reason; Media Matters is angry because they believe Beck's documentary seeks to link modern progressivism with communist atrocities, and they are as correct to think so as much as Beck is absolutely right to point it out.

As Matthew Vadum explains in his piece titled "Media Matters Is Vewy, Vewy Angwy About Beck Documentary," in the documentary Beck sought to show his audience that too many Americans admire leftist totalitarian mass murderers and too many Americans don't know about the horrors these merciless killers have inflicted on humanity:

This tolerance of brutal leftist monsters allows today's progressives, whose ideas have the same intellectual pedigree as communism and fascism, to get away with murder, so to speak. In other words, this permissive environment allows left-wingers to openly flaunt their admiration of brutal mass murderers such as Che Guevara and Mao Zedong without getting called on it. People wear Che and Mao tee shirts and no one cares. (See related Nick Gillespie blog entry at Reason) Beck believes people should care. He believes this failure to challenge the ugly misanthropic ideas represented by mass murderers like Che and Mao in a sense confers a degree of respectability on leftism in general.

Again, he's right. (
Read it all
)

If you missed Beck's documentary, 'Live Free or Die,' take the time to watch it now. If you've already seen it, it's worth your time to see it a

Transcript here."

Adam

Here is the full documentary from TheDailyBeck channel on YouTube. The videos are in order from 1 to 5. This looks like it is Beck's own channel, but it actually belongs to a guy named Joe Seales. I went to his website and he looks like a good dude. Young and full of fire about liberty.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNrfY4U9WYM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNrfY4U9WYM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNrfY4U9WYM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rw7DtjO4V6c&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rw7DtjO4V6c&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rw7DtjO4V6c&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8XLKNUJzMQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8XLKNUJzMQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8XLKNUJzMQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMPWIqHli00&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMPWIqHli00&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMPWIqHli00&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzWLkzcnwp4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzWLkzcnwp4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzWLkzcnwp4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>