Hello fellow thinkers!

driven

Well, since I think I did a good job of writing in my about me, I'm going to summarize some of that here, but needless to say, I'm happy to be here, and looking forward to learning from each of you, and hopefully contributing to the discussions where I can :)

As a consultant, I'm essentially paid to think, to produce ideas and/or to act upon those ideas to produce something. I decided I was not applying the same level of thought to my personal life, beliefs, goals, etc... and have recently taken up some of those internal critical thinking activities that led me to delve into philosophy, which led me to the beliefs of different philosophies, which led me here, to Objectivism which happens to already coorellate with how I've often thought throughout my life, even if I wasn't aware that's what it was.

So, I'm new to Ayn Rand, new to Objectivism, new to a whole slew of ideas and concepts I've never really taken the time to study, think about, discuss, or really care about before other than my own thoughts about the world around me, and the interactions with the people in it, and eager for more!

Well, since I think I did a good job of writing in my about me, I'm going to summarize some of that here, but needless to say, I'm happy to be here, and looking forward to learning from each of you, and hopefully contributing to the discussions where I can :)

As a consultant, I'm essentially paid to think, to produce ideas and/or to act upon those ideas to produce something. I decided I was not applying the same level of thought to my personal life, beliefs, goals, etc... and have recently taken up some of those internal critical thinking activities that led me to delve into philosophy, which led me to the beliefs of different philosophies, which led me here, to Objectivism which happens to already coorellate with how I've often thought throughout my life, even if I wasn't aware that's what it was.

So, I'm new to Ayn Rand, new to Objectivism, new to a whole slew of ideas and concepts I've never really taken the time to study, think about, discuss, or really care about before other than my own thoughts about the world around me, and the interactions with the people in it, and eager for more!

Welcome!

I can pretty much guarantee that reading Ayn Rand's works will definitely give you a lot to think about!

As will reading and participating on this forum!

Hi driven!

You and I are in much the same place, except that I am returning. I am getting so much out of my current second reading of The Fountainhead that it might as well be my first.

I hope the philosophy is as empowering to you as it is turning out to be for me. Good luck.

• 2 months later...

Welcome neighbor (I am in the burbs). For me it has been just the opposite: I've always been more intensely thoughtful about my beliefs, desires, viewpoints, inner presence, than in choosing a job that enables me to earn money through the best use of my mind. But I do plan on changing that by getting my resume together and making an effort to rise above my low income job.

Fore!

Welcome to OL.

I love golf, despite Mark Twain's comment that golf is a great walk ruined.

It is interesting to me when you mentioned that you turned the skills that you get paid for inwards to yourself.

I have done this also. I literally hired myself. Wrote out a simple contract and signed it.

Did wonders.

Out of curiosity, what fiction of Ayn's have you read?

Adam

Golf-02-june.gifGolfhole-01-june.gif