Why, hello

Max Eichelberger

I'm Max. I'm 17. I'm male. I'm in California. Mary Bono Mack represents me in Congress. I'm a Conservative. I'm not sad, depressed, moody, or even happy; I'm complicated. Chicks dig that, you all understand that but those who don't: once you're older. Trust me.

I love Nixon and Goldwater; Law and Order, in my book. A is A seems like a fairly strong statement. I am against spirituality of all sorts, I am for tradition of all sorts. I sincerely believe I am going to Hell, along with the majority of History, and that it is close to useless to understand anything of the mystics beyond that. I think militant atheists are irritating. I enjoy amusing atheists. Man is not perfect, man is naturally and rationally a corrupt individual. He has fallen from Grace, or evolved that way - regardless, going against God or Darwin will result in nothing aside from failure. Man is not and cannot be perfect. Most people shrink from responsibility, I am for responsibility. I believe in a responsibility for things, not from things.

That about covers it?

I enjoy Austrian anti-communists. Erik von Kuehnelt Leddihn, Thomas Hobbes, John Milton and Mill are my favorite authors of the not-so-contemporary. Jonah Goldberg, Milton Friedman and Murray Rothbard capture my attention for the quite-so-contemporary.

I've read through Rand's Playboy Interviews, Fountainhead, Atlas Shrugged, Anthem and We The Living. Never knew she was quite so verbose in the non-fiction 'til I met my girlfriend's room. Interesting.

That's all.

I'm staying in California until it collapses, then I'm writing a book about it. It'll be a smashing success.

My moniker is from Milton. I found his essay against censorship not only inspiring but also amusing in a quirky, anti-Catholic, way. Certainly it has intellectual value to ruminate, on what we find to be a 'Natural' Right, through the lens of tyranny. Yet I found his claim that censorship is a inherently 'Catholic' import, from Spain I'm supposing, and should not be copied was so randomly politically incorrect I couldn't help myself. I fell in love. Nothing personal against Catholics, of course. I do love BMW and the Pope.

Sorry Chris, I'm just bad with greetings - I suppose.

Welcome aboard Max:

Have not read the essay on Censorship, but will endeavor to this week.

I was an original Goldwater organizer so that makes me younger than Sophia Loren, who looks smoking hot at 75!

How is Bono as a Congresswoman? Are you politically active?

Adam

Max, I saw Goldwater debate Stewart Udall on the campus of the University of Arizona over 50 years ago. The silly topic was whether federal aid to education would lead to federal control of education. Even then it sounded like whether the sky was sometimes cloudy. Ten years later in front of the same auditorium I saw Bobby Kennedy get up on the back of a truck and give an impromptu campaign speech in his quest for the Democratic Presidential nomination. There was no apparent security. I marvelled at how easy it would be to kill him if I had a gun. It's not that I was a weird psycho; I was less than a year away from war. Two months later he was shot down in LA.

It's hard to believe that you write so well. When I was your age in 1961, I couldn't come close to what you do now.

--Brant

Edited by Brant Gaede

The convenient thing about old, dead, white guys Selene is that their work is easily downloadable and free. Ironic, really. Worth its weight in gold, intellectually, but literally just worth the paper it is printed on.

Speaking of politically active organic Conservatives - I am one. This year will be our school's first Teenage Republican Club, (Chapter? Branch? Whatever it is these days) courtesy of your's truly. Me and a dozen close friends to be exact. A dozen close friends, a sister and a girlfriend if it's going on the record. Mary Bono Mack's campaign organizer is coming out tomorrow for a meeting to hand out supplies for 'Club Rush' on Wednesday. The annual day in which clubs get membership during a large festival at lunch. My opinions on her? I promise to support her during the election but if a better candidate, who won't vote for cap and trade, arrives: it'll be another story.

Thanks Brant, I'm glad you didn't find it an appalling effort. Which is all I'm asking for. Especially from someone who saw the man, the legend, Goldwater. If I was but older...

The convenient thing about old, dead, white guys Selene is that their work is easily downloadable and free. Ironic, really. Worth its weight in gold, intellectually, but literally just worth the paper it is printed on.

Speaking of politically active organic Conservatives - I am one. This year will be our school's first Teenage Republican Club, (Chapter? Branch? Whatever it is these days) courtesy of your's truly. Me and a dozen close friends to be exact. A dozen close friends, a sister and a girlfriend if it's going on the record. Mary Bono Mack's campaign organizer is coming out tomorrow for a meeting to hand out supplies for 'Club Rush' on Wednesday. The annual day in which clubs get membership during a large festival at lunch. My opinions on her? I promise to support her during the election but if a better candidate, who won't vote for cap and trade, arrives: it'll be another story.

Thanks Brant, I'm glad you didn't find it an appalling effort. Which is all I'm asking for. Especially from someone who saw the man, the legend, Goldwater. If I was but older...

Hic est:

http://onlinebooks.library.upenn.edu/webbin/book/lookupname?key=Milton%2c%20John%2c%201608-1674

I've found the Online Books Page to be an invaluable resource, kept up (apparently) by one man with assistance from readers.

Thank you Jeffrey, nice site.

http://archive.lib.msu.edu/DMC/AmRad/screenguideamericans.pdf

I have not read this in years and it is just as valid today, except it is not in the movies, but the White House.

Adam

Nothing feels better than to be vindicated by a cushing electorial route of your opponents.

Max:

Ahh, a compatriot. I have been in politics for 5 decades. I specialize in field organization. When we were brought into a campaign as the field organization consultants from New York City... there was that dead silence in the room because they knew that we took no prisoners. A political campaign cannot win without ground troops or, as the military will confirm, boots on the ground, bayonet to the throat and then victory. It is basically war without artillery and air power. Pretty much hand to hand on election day. There is no greater high than the last 72 hours of a campaign. Only naps are permitted.

"Luck" comes to the well prepared. There is also no substitute for victory, it is that simple.

You should e-mail me off the forum, I am sure we will have some rather interesting discussions.

Adam

Edited by Selene

Not to brag but I saw Goldwater twice and Reagan four times. I still think my vote for Goldwater in 1964 was my best vote.

Not to brag, but I'm a native Arizonan. Never mind Reagan; because of him we got the Bushes instead of Jack Kemp.

--Brant

Brant:

I would be interested in how you reasoned that through, if you get a chance. Interesting. Damn couldn't find an Arte Johnson u-tube with his "Veeery interesting!" lol

Adam

Nothing feels better than to be vindicated by a cushing electorial route of your opponents.

Max:

Ahh, a compatriot. I have been in politics for 5 decades. I specialize in field organization. When we were brought into a campaign as the field organization consultants from New York City... there was that dead silence in the room because they knew that we took no prisoners. A political campaign cannot win without ground troops or, as the military will confirm, boots on the ground, bayonet to the throat and then victory. It is basically war without artillery and air power. Pretty much hand to hand on election day. There is no greater high than the last 72 hours of a campaign. Only naps are permitted.

"Luck" comes to the well prepared. There is also no substitute for victory, it is that simple.

You should e-mail me off the forum, I am sure we will have some rather interesting discussions.

Adam

The two gentlemen from Mary Bono's office were more than happy to get our boots marching. It was a hit. I hope not to run for a major office, I'm afraid I have a fond attachment to my backbone, but to help people who possess the required moral ambiguity sounds exciting. To put it in its most simplest terms. They also explained how Bono is facing a stiff re-election from Palm Spring's Democratic Mayor Steve Pougnet. As I said, I wouldn't support her in the primaries but she's better than any Democrat by definition. So we'll do our part. Voter registration, poll watching, the whole show. They'll be coming in later to keep us in the loop.

I'll cook something up. Tactics are my favorite drink.

Hey Max,

Belated welcome to OL.

Michael

No problem, the second mouse eats the cheese.

I'm Max. I'm 17. I'm male. I'm in California. Trust me. I am for responsibility. I believe in a responsibility for things, not from things.

Hello Max,

The happiest summer of my life was spent mountaineering in the Sierra Nevada Range on weekends mostly in Yosemite.

Most people take responsibility for their own lifes but make the mistake of passing off a chunk to the politicians who have made quite a mess. Those of us who believe in the limited govt the Founders gave us should consider devoting some effort to enlightening those we encounter.

For example, the Campaign For Liberty is in the process of finding fellow citizens who understand that the Congress is not free to pass any laws they feel like enacting just because they have the votes. IF the power they are seeking is not authorized in Article 1 Section 8 they are forbidden to legislate. Many if not most in Congress have lost sight of the limits set in the Constitution.

It is easy to recruit people to join in the effort to restore the Republic and the Constitution by simply suggesting that politicians today do not take their oath of office seriously to uphold the Constitution. The Campaign For Liberty intends to replace oath breakers with oath keepers in time.

I joined the www.campaignforliberty.com when memebership was about 6,000 and now it is over 217,300 and growing every hour. Membership redoubled several times this last year and the promise is that it will continue to redouble forever until we are in the millions and tens of millions in the next couple of years or so. Once we outnumber the oath breakers who are not content to abide by the limits, we win.

Join us if you see the wisdom of this approach. www.campaignforliberty.com

Welcome to our site.

gulch