Farrah Fawcett Dies at 62, Succumbs to Cancer

Sad, sad, sad, sad, sad...

By SHEILA MARIKAR

June 25, 2009

ABC News

From the article:

Farrah Fawcett, the 1970s "It Girl" who was known for her cascading golden hair and bombshell body, died in a Santa Monica hospital today, ABC News has learned. She was 62-years-old.

"After a long and brave battle with cancer, our beloved Farrah has passed away," Fawcett's longtime romantic partner Ryan O'Neal said in a statement released by Fawcett's publicist, Paul Bloch. "Although this is an extremely difficult time for her family and friends, we take comfort in the beautiful times that we shared with Farrah over the years and the knowledge that her life brought joy to so many people around the world."

I believe Farrah Fawcett was one of the people Ayn Rand envisioned for Dagny.

Michael

By SHEILA MARIKAR

June 25, 2009

ABC News

From the article:

Farrah Fawcett, the 1970s "It Girl" who was known for her cascading golden hair and bombshell body, died in a Santa Monica hospital today, ABC News has learned. She was 62-years-old.

"After a long and brave battle with cancer, our beloved Farrah has passed away," Fawcett's longtime romantic partner Ryan O'Neal said in a statement released by Fawcett's publicist, Paul Bloch. "Although this is an extremely difficult time for her family and friends, we take comfort in the beautiful times that we shared with Farrah over the years and the knowledge that her life brought joy to so many people around the world."

Michael

62 is no age to die of terminal illness. Farrah Fawcett was just a kid. Rats!

Hell! I spent many a pleasant minute beholding her wet bathing suit and watching her jiggle artfully. What a shame.

Ba'al Chatzaf

By SHEILA MARIKAR

June 25, 2009

ABC News

From the article:

Michael

62 is no age to die of terminal illness. Farrah Fawcett was just a kid. Rats!

Hell! I spent many a pleasant minute beholding her wet bathing suit and watching her jiggle artfully. What a shame.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Ayn Rand gave an interview when Charlie's Angels was on saying it was one of her favorite shows and Farrah Fawcett was one of her favorite actresses. I can't remember where it was.

Miss Rand was right that Farrah, Kate Jackson and Jaclyn Smith played strong romantic characters with benevolent senses of life, and that Charlie's Angles is one of the best televisions shows of all time, but it reached its zenith when Cheryl Ladd, Shelley Hack and Tanya Roberts took over. They're the angles who will be remembered as The Angles.

The Brandens are evil and everyone should read PARC.

Pelagius160

Edited by Pelagius160

Speaking of Farrah, watching videos of her near the end I saw her making the cross and holding a rosary.

I suspect that Nathaniel Branden, via that horrible neo-mystic Ken Wilber, had something to do with this.

Who else could have?

Pelagius160

Edited by Pelagius160

Imo Farrah Fawcett (although she was blond and not brunette like Dagny) would have been a better choice to play Dagny than Angelina Jolie. Fawcett is (was) more "sophisticated" looking than Jolie whose image is too sensual for the role. jmpo

Edited by Xray

Imo Farrah Fawcett (although she was blond and not brunette like Dagny) would have been a better choice to play Dagny than Angelina Jolie. Fawcett is (was) more "sophisticated" looking than Jolie whose image is too sensual for the role. jmpo

I don't know what idiot thought Miss Jolie would be a good choice to cast as Dagny. Putting aside her physicality, Miss Balloon Lips just doesn't project the right impression for the role.

Michele:

Her name and star draw appeal is one factor and supposedly.

The news from the summer seminar was very good. Howard and Karen Baldwin of Baldwin Entertainment gave an update on the project and answered questions. I think they are very much motivated and have the financing in place to make it happen. :D/

Here's the skinny...

- The film is in pre-production with a release date targeted for spring 2008.

- It will be a trilogy with a budget of $30–40 million for the first film.

- Screenplay is being done by Jim Hart (Contact, Hook) and he is working closely with David Kelley of the Objectivist Center to make sure it stays true to Objectivist ideas. Executive Producer is John Aglioloro, a trustee of the Objectivist Center who bought the film rights from Leonard Peikoff.

- A director is being sought and they have their eye on a young director of Russian descent whose name I do not remember. Other more famous ones are also being considered.

- Casting will take place after the director is in place and he or she will have that responsibility, but there were many good suggestions from the group. The Baldwins are talking to Angelina Jolie, who has expressed interest. No mention of of Brad Pitt though. They are definitely looking for the type of star power to drive the film's success in an international market. (Jodie Foster was suggested as a possibility for Dagny, and they responded that she was being considered as a director).

- Ideally, as far as both director and cast, they would like a buy-in on the general Objectivist ideas, but also realize that may be too difficult a task in Hollywood.

- Casting ideas for the part of John Galt are not being revealed yet. It was suggested that John Galt be a relative unknown and they have a "Who is John Galt" contest to find the talent.

I'm sure there was more, but unfortunately I didn't take notes. Feel free to add to this and if anyone remembers the name of the young director of Russian descent Karen Baldwin mentioned, please let us know.

Kat

Supposedly, Jolie came in with the book in her hand also.

Adam

Michele:

Her name and star draw appeal is one factor and supposedly.

The news from the summer seminar was very good. Howard and Karen Baldwin of Baldwin Entertainment gave an update on the project and answered questions. I think they are very much motivated and have the financing in place to make it happen. :D/

Here's the skinny...

- The film is in pre-production with a release date targeted for spring 2008.

- It will be a trilogy with a budget of $30–40 million for the first film.

- Screenplay is being done by Jim Hart (Contact, Hook) and he is working closely with David Kelley of the Objectivist Center to make sure it stays true to Objectivist ideas. Executive Producer is John Aglioloro, a trustee of the Objectivist Center who bought the film rights from Leonard Peikoff.

- A director is being sought and they have their eye on a young director of Russian descent whose name I do not remember. Other more famous ones are also being considered.

- Casting will take place after the director is in place and he or she will have that responsibility, but there were many good suggestions from the group. The Baldwins are talking to Angelina Jolie, who has expressed interest. No mention of of Brad Pitt though. They are definitely looking for the type of star power to drive the film's success in an international market. (Jodie Foster was suggested as a possibility for Dagny, and they responded that she was being considered as a director).

- Ideally, as far as both director and cast, they would like a buy-in on the general Objectivist ideas, but also realize that may be too difficult a task in Hollywood.

- Casting ideas for the part of John Galt are not being revealed yet. It was suggested that John Galt be a relative unknown and they have a "Who is John Galt" contest to find the talent.

I'm sure there was more, but unfortunately I didn't take notes. Feel free to add to this and if anyone remembers the name of the young director of Russian descent Karen Baldwin mentioned, please let us know.

Kat

Supposedly, Jolie came in with the book in her hand also.

Adam

Great. So:

- They want to cast Angelina Jolie as Dagny Taggart because she came in with a book in her hand

and

- They want the public to choose who would play John Galt

This is brilliant. Nice to see they're not taking this seriously.

I don't know what idiot thought Miss Jolie would be a good choice to cast as Dagny. Putting aside her physicality, Miss Balloon Lips just doesn't project the right impression for the role.

In AS, Dagny Taggart's "firm mouth" is mentioned several times, which is pretty different from Jolie's balloon lips. :)

I envision Dagny as attractive, but as a no-nonsense type who gets down to business without mincing words. A bit like the characters often played by Lauren Bacall. Bacall would also have fitted the role physically imo.

Edited by Xray

Those who consider Angelina Jolie suited to the role of Dagny are forgetting something.

She is under the influence of Nathaniel Branden. Or maybe under the influence of Barbara. At least one of them.

There is no doubt about this. To prove her loyalty to Ayn Rand, Ms. Jolie was asked to endorse PARC.

She didn't even respond to the request.

If Atlas Shrugged is made with Angelina Jolie as Dagny, she'll ruin it.

From the Oort Cloud,

Marcusantonius160

Edited by Pelagius160