Hannity quote

Atlas, my friends, has shrugged.

This was in Sean Hannity's opening monologue on last night's show.

Michael

Unfortunately it is not true (yet).

Ba'al Chatzaf

Just what was Hannity referring to?

If you are jesting o.k. If you are serious he is referring epinomisly to Ayn Rand's greatest novel.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Ba'al, I love words and am always looking for new ones, but that one has got me, and apparently the dictionary.

We did not find results for: epinomisly definition.

We always do a new word a day here, just because it is fun and everyone gains from it, so does this one come from the Asperger's disorder dictionary?

Adam

Ba'al, I love words and am always looking for new ones, but that one has got me, and apparently the dictionary.

We did not find results for: epinomisly definition.

We always do a new word a day here, just because it is fun and everyone gains from it, so does this one come from the Asperger's disorder dictionary?

Adam

not even in the OED, so is for sure an odd one... :rolleyes:

Reidy,

Hard to imagine because I doubt that Hannity understood the book or the philosophy dramatized in it.

I know that quite a number of people who formerly felt that there was nothing they could do to affect the course of events has been energized by the Campaign For Liberty. They have gone to gatherings of the C4L and listened to speakers who made sense to them and heard the cheering of the hundreds of others who attend and realize this movement will have an effect.

I know of some members of the C4L who are petitioning in their towns to influence their Congressmen to vote for the Audit the Fed HR 1207 bill proposed by Ron Paul. They report that there is much support among ordinary people who are outraged by the shenanigans in Washington especially with the Fed printing up and giving out so much money.

Remember that with our fractional reserve banking system and the fact that there are a couple of layers between the Federal Reserve banks and the regular banks that putting out one trillion dollars which can by used as reserve means that then 10 trillion can be loaned out!

This movement has legs and will continue to grow:

31 Mar 7PM 132287; 1 Apr 12:20AM 132365, 6AM 132424

gulch

Edited by galtgulch

"Eponymously" is a word, but I don't see what it's doing here.

Name of the booki.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Pete,

It was in the opening monologue and the issue was his dislike of President Obama and his policies. The driving news issue of the day (and the program) was Wagoner resigning from GM, but I believe Hannity was referring to other executives—and possibly the enthusiasm talented people will feel to advance corporations if the government can take them over at any time (as per the new proposal).

I posted it because I find it very good to see a reference to Rand made in such a mainstream kind of manner by a mainstream journalist. Catchphrases are great advertising.

Michael

I will:

A: Shit daisies if the Atlas Shrugged Movie<tm> ever gets released, and,

B: Then get onto worrying about the popular reaction.

False empowerment is weird. And I don't care about that, usually, unless the guy across the street suddenly quits his job.

It could be taken falsely.

rde

Pete,

It was in the opening monologue and the issue was his dislike of President Obama and his policies. The driving news issue of the day (and the program) was Wagoner resigning from GM, but I believe Hannity was referring to other executives—and possibly the enthusiasm talented people will feel to advance corporations if the government can take them over at any time (as per the new proposal).

I posted it because I find it very good to see a reference to Rand made in such a mainstream kind of manner by a mainstream journalist. Catchphrases are great advertising.

Michael

Michael,

I agree it is good to hear. Although now seems to also be an appropriate time in which to hear, "Who is John Galt?" as well.

I do recommend Atlas daily to people I encounter and have done so for years. I wonder if anyone in the world was prompted to rush out to buy a copy of Atlas Shrugged after hearing the tidbit of advertising for which we have Hannity to thank? I would guess not a one!

While we wait passively for Hollywood to create some bastardization of the film of Atlas, the membership of the Campaign For Liberty continues to explode adding dozens overnight and hundreds every few hours. 132424 this morning. 1Apr 7PM 132640

I can assure you that each one of them takes the movement to heart and enlightens most all they meet with the news of its existence.

Of the many activities in which they choose to engage includes writing to their congressmen to tell them to support HR1207 the Audit the Fed Act.

gulch

Edited by galtgulch