Is Atlas Society Bookstore Closing?

ginny

Jerry an Sherry: [hmm there you go Sherry now you have your ice cream company]

"As a movement, it has not been so successful (gross understatement). There have been a string of disastrous decisions made by those who have claimed to represent this philosophy. Too many to elaborate on here. In fact, another organization that claims to be the voice for Objectivism, rather than admit that any errors have been made, has apparently institutionalized those errors into policies"

It was directly self destructive. I always remembered Ayn's homily...

If you saw a mother bird taking her fledgelings out to the edge of the branch and accept the fact that the critical ability that the fledgling has to survive are its wings and then you saw the mother bird beak the wings of the fledglings and push them off the branch into the world to survive, you would call her a monster!

Now look at how you are raising children. You are breaking the critical ability that man needs for survival by destroying his/her rational mind and the ability to think, adapt and survive.

I have used that analogy since I was 15-16 or so and I have yet to see it have a salutary effect on persuading the person to be receptive to Ayn's concepts.

Sherry: When I speak about Rand to a person of God whichever particular branch it is, I always introduce it by saying that Ayn has helped me personally since I read Atlas.

I would like them to understand how she effected me and to do that you have to forget she is an atheist. Her ideas are great and worth understanding for out own personal growth.

Now Sherry, you are taking the issue of theism off the table and "enrolling the person" [typical EST and Landmark language] in a conversation with you which will allow you to guide the conversation as you chose.

I hope that helps - try it.

Adam