Yaron Brook on Glenn Beck today 5 pm est

Selene

I think the idea of Ayn Rand banging Nathaniel Branden drove Peikoff bonkers when he couldn't deny it anymore and couldn't deny that she kept him out of the loop.

A little birdie told me this could be misconstrued.

So, for the sake of clarity, let me state that I meant Peikoff was kept out of the loop on knowledge of the affair, not out of the loop on having an affair with her. :)

The hurt would come from imagining he was Rand's confident—the closest person to her after Frank passed away—and know she kept something that important from him, knowing further that she knew he would discover it after her death. And, to add insult to injury, know that the Brandens knew all along.

Thanks to the birdie.

Tweet, tweet.

Michael

That's what I meant. Sorry I wasn't clear. I meant jealousy after the fact. Jealousy of the importance Rand placed on Branden and that she chose not to reveal anything to Peikoff.

I understand the Kelley-Peikoff split to be partially based on Barbara's bio of Rand and Kelley's refusal to bash her (and Robert Bidinotto's glowing review of Passion). See:

Selective timeline and links of the Kelley-Peikoff schism

(snip)

Michael

Michael -

Is the Bidinotto review of Passion of Ayn Rand available online somewhere?

Bill P

Edited by Bill P

Bill P, I think I have Robert's e-mail. I think he could tell you how to get hold of the review.

I believe that Ed Snider also read the Branden biography and was raising questions about some of the disclosures.

Ginny; I believe it is very high school but Peikoff and the others were afraid that people would pay more attention to them and they would lose the life style they had gotten accustomed to.

Follow the money!

Edited by Chris Grieb