The OL "tribe" and the Tribal Mindset

Michael Stuart Kelly

Those people can't even get sick, or say one of them is sick, without saying something bad about the Brandens.

Did you read Fahy's thing? His friend almost died. Yet most of his letter was bashing the Brandens instead of talking about Valliant.

Yup. There’s not much to say about it. Maybe JV will come out with the results of his mind-meld with God, and we'll finally learn who really committed the OJ murders: TheBrandens!!! (no offense, JNS)

Okay now, that was funny on about 6 different levels. Nicely played, sir.

Your cue for comment was MSK's post on Perigo's announcement of his prostate tumour. MSK wrote "I do hope his suffering ends soon and he is restored to health. I wish this for him as I wish it for any human being. I suspect many here on OL feel as I do." You could have hopped in right there, with a hearty hear hear. What did you write, Greybird? Nothing.

You don't get it. I was criticizing the matter of Perigo's illness even being brought up in this thread in the first place, noting that this was not the appropriate setting for it.

As for what I actually said, is it conceivable to you that I would convey how I actually felt about it privately? To Perigo himself? Rather than having it thrown into the cesspool of this thread? (Or the one at SOLO, for that matter?) Apparently not.

And as for what MSK has said (and assumed) about me, it doesn't deserve being dignified with any further comment.

Edited by Greybird

As for what I actually said, is it conceivable to you that I would convey how I actually felt about it privately? To Perigo himself? Rather than having it thrown into the cesspool of this thread? (Or the one at SOLO, for that matter?) Apparently not.

Steve,

If you think so ill of OL, don't participate in it.

Meanwhile, any private email sent to Lindsay Perigo is subject to selective publication, any time Mr. Perigo feels like it.

Robert Campbell

Robert.

I think as you do.

Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

I'm a "glass half-full as default" person, myself. I don't understand busybody sourpusses who always want to tell others what to do.

(Maybe they have a hormone imbalance or something.)

Michael

Robert.

I think as you do.

Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

I'm a "glass half-full as default" person, myself. I don't understand busybody sourpusses who always want to tell others what to do.

(Maybe they have a hormone imbalance or something.)

Michael

Go jump in a lake!

--Brant

sour is as sour does

You don't get it. I was criticizing the matter of Perigo's illness even being brought up in this thread in the first place, noting that this was not the appropriate setting for it.

And as for what MSK has said (and assumed) about me, it doesn't deserve being dignified with any further comment.

You just can't stop yourself, and that is never a good thing for anyone. You do not notice your own habits. Always with the scolding. It has sort of been asked, no?--why are you here, then?

In forum writing, if you have been doing it long enough, you see duplications, in more than a few but less than a dozen categories. It seems to me that you are, in short characterization, one of those types that lurks, and then does the occasional swoop-in. Mrs. Grundy. I am sorry, but you push it up to not being positive, because you repeat and repeat and repeat this. You end up being a less-sophisticated version of Phil Coates. You wait, then you scold, with this moral high hand. What drives that is beyond me. Does it make you feel better? That's what I think. I think you get off on it, and that is kind of sick.

Sorry, but you are earning this one, every time.

rde