I'm a "Benevolent Analyst"

william.scherk

Wow, I just found this thread today! Thanks, WSScherk! It's really neat to see what kinds of categories this test has, & to see who thinks they fit or don't fit their profiles. My four letter temperament changes too much for it to be definitive.

I'm an Independent Leader. Independent-- yes, very. Leader? I've never actually thought about wanting to lead anyone, actually-- my style is free spirited, I lead myself, and I just think and DO my own things regardless of the crowd.

• 4 weeks later...

I find that I am a Benevolent Inventor.

Some details:

Confidence 88

Openness 82

Extroversion 46

Empathy 96

Trust 70

Agency 98

Masculinity 82

Femininity 4

Spontaneity 80

Attention to Style 38

Authoritarianism 18

Earthy/Imaginative 42

Aesthetic/Functional 10

Mostly this is reasonably accurate. I was not aware, however, that I am 18% Authoritarian. That was a surprisingly high value there. If my masculinity score was 82 and my femininity score was 4, where is the other 14% of me? Actually, I am not too enamored of describing personality traits as masculine or feminine anyway, so I guess this does not matter too much. Now I do put an emphasis on the functionality of many things, but I think it was the nature of their questions that resulted in my being only 10% Aesthetic. That was an exaggeration. They had no questions about my appreciation of the feminine form, sunsets, healthy animals and plants, a marvelously engineered material, beautiful buildings, and many of the other beautiful things I appreciate. Another part of the problem here is that sometimes things are beautiful because of their functionality. To choose an example: A highly functional and healthy woman is generally more beautiful than a highly dysfunctional, unhealthy woman.

Gary,

Being a dyed-in-the-rawhide Texan, I know you have tried all the 10-gallon hats available so Texans can carry a summer water supply good for about 2 hours. Are you serious that your head is too big for any 10-gallon hat?

I'm no longer a hop, skip, and a jump away from The Center of the Universe. Oklahoma still owns the Red River, by the way! Remember the Red River Bridge War!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Im a benevolent leader, strangely enough. Under Myers-Briggs, Im either an ENTP or INTP (depending on the questions asked). Personally Im not too sure about personality typology. Its a complex matter to be sure. My usual self-description is "Free-Thinking Rebellious Individualist that Loathes Society" but its difficult to put this into a test.

Im actually thinking, could there be some sort of personality typology for Objectivists? Maybe one based on the mix of virtues they practice? If that were the case, Id be Independence and Pride.

I'm a reserved analyst. My Meyers-Briggs is INTJ. They gave me this to put on here.

(I had some html coding there but it didn't work.) Uh....

Confidence

Openness

Extroversion

Empathy

Trust in others

Agency

Masculinity

Femininity

Spontaneity

Attention to style

Authoritarianism

Earthy/Imaginative

86/14

Aesthetic/Functional

16/84

Not sure about the authoritarianism. Maybe it's because I like to be in authority? Also, I say how I believe people should do things. However, that doesn't mean I force them to. I'm not sure what Agency is, but everything else seems to be right on.

Edited by Jeff Kremer

Greetings - your minutes-old new member is an "Advocating Inventor" with almost no imagination (don't know why I try and write fiction!). These tests... indeed an old fashioned piece of Jungian psychology with an imaginative high-tech user interface (the sliders show a continuous evaluation from 'all'to 'naught'with every quantity in between) . But just a pastime - Joined this forum as a long time Ayn Rand advocate, living in Argentina (a most un-objectivist environment for the most part). Glad to be here

:hairy:

• 3 months later...
So says the result of a personality test at Personal DNA

Not entirely surprising . . . you can see the full results here.

Thanks to Jenna Wong, who posted her own profile at her marvelous blog, Cyberspace Rendezvous.

I got the same rating.

Bob Kolker

• 1 year later...

I'm a "Tardy Poster." :yes:

I'm a "genuine analyst." I need to "try to embrace the imaginative, creative part of my personality more often," to "try moving beyond the things I find comfortable." I have many friends (not true) but I only trust a few. I should be cautious when judging people, and I need to be more intuitive.

Sounds like Paul Mawdsley's analysis of me.

= Mindy

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a "genuine analyst." I need to "try to embrace the imaginative, creative part of my personality more often," to "try moving beyond the things I find comfortable." I have many friends (not true) but I only trust a few. I should be cautious when judging people, and I need to be more intuitive.

= Mindy

Animated Leader(??!!!!) That surprised me. I try to avoid positions of authority over other adults.

Ba'al Chatzaf

= Mindy

Animated Leader(??!!!!) That surprised me. I try to avoid positions of authority over other adults.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Ah, but it does not surprise the rest of us, Baal. How about that? :yes:

= Mindy

p.s. oops!! I thought it said, "Agitated Leader" my bad. :angel:

Edited by Mindy

When I tried that test, I got the message "the tests cannot run under Opera". What a shit test!

To alleviate your obvious disappointment, oh Medieval one, here is an analysis of your personality:

You are large in your presence.

You look down on people in general (that's when you're flying, of course.)

Your temper can be fiery (that's genetic, of course.)

Your toenails need cutting. (C'est la vie.)

= Mindy

I'd better add my idiosyncratic take on "Dragonfly" which is of a flying dragon... :sorcerer:

Edited by Mindy

There is an option in Opera, where you can mask it as another browser. When I chose "masking as Firefox", the test worked without any problems. But I won't sanction a site that is pestering Opera users for no reason at all, so I didn't finish the test. I then got the option for feedback, which I've used to tell them what I think of that policy.

Dragonfly,

I used to think like that, but I don't think there is any intention of pestering Opera users. Things just change quickly on the Internet and who does not want the headache of changing ends up with other kinds of headaches. Since you have to have a headache, I personally prefer the one that provides new benefits.

I admit, this takes getting used to without getting irritated, but there it is.

Michael