Which way to Galt's Gulch?

GerryShannon

Nothing wrong with Barbara's quote.

Rand said, "wish." A wish could, of course, express a mere whim. But a wish also might be a deeply considered choice.

= Mindy

What are you talking about? Barbara didn't quote Rand; I did. On the other hand, one of Barbara's assertions about Rand was very wrong.

I read the embedded quotes wrong, Merlin, sorry. You supplied a quote in response to Barbara's contradicting somebody else. You didn't actually state whether you thought your quote supported or opposed Barbara's statement.

Then Brandt said he thought Barbara's point needed re-formulating. I had assumed that was your position also. Phew.

If you disagreed about something else Barbara said, what was it?

My point was that Rand said "wish" and that that didn't mean "whim."

= Mindy

You supplied a quote in response to Barbara's contradicting somebody else. You didn't actually state whether you thought your quote supported or opposed Barbara's statement.

Then Brandt said he thought Barbara's point needed re-formulating. I had assumed that was your position also. Phew.

If you disagreed about something else Barbara said, what was it?

You are correct that I didn't explicitly say the quote from Rand opposed Barbara's statement. It was so clear to me I didn't believe it was necessary. That I didn't respond to Brant doesn't mean I totally agreed with him. Her statement needed far beyond a "re-formulation."

Folks:

Realizing this might be quite controversial, I will pose it anyway!

Fact pattern:

Wife A and Husband B decide together to have children.

They become pregnant.

Three months into the pregnancy, reasons unknown, Wife A declares that she does not want the _______[fetus, human life, etc. undefined at this point for the sake of this problem].

Does Husband B have any claim/right on the _________________[fetus, human life, etc. undefined at this point for the sake of this problem]..

If not, why not?

If yes, based on what theory of human rights?

Adam

No. Becuse contrary to your assertion he was never pregnant. :)

--Brant