First Day of Fall

Chris Grieb

Happy Fall Chris may we both see 40 more!

I always think about Jesse Jackson's Rainbow coalition during the fall. Also, the metaphor to his dead colorful ideas is just too irresistible. A street thug who rose from the gutters of Chicago, hmmm did not a guy named Al come from there, too become a mystic hustler with a tax free non profit[so many contradictions to that phrasing].

Funny how the IRS can't find a single problem with an organization that comes from the most criminal political machine in America Cook County.

Daley and Cook County Chicago is now number 1, since Brooklyn's Meade Esposito(D), NY could not sustain his machine and Joe Margiotta ®, Nassau County NY, got indicted and lost control.

Adam

Hasn't the Chicago machine always been #1.

Jesse Jackson is one of those people who is at the right place at the right time.

Always enjoy your post and the fun of fighting the "Peace Now" crowd on OL is always a thrill.

Edited by Chris Grieb

Chris:

Now you know NY is number one in everything, do you think we would let Chicago beat us in corruption!

Tammany Hall was the model that slid into Brooklyn and with a Republican Boss Margiotta.

I had the ratings in the 70's as Margiotta, Daley, Esposito with not much space between the last two.

Adam

[...] the fun of fighting the "Peace Now" crowd on OL is always a thrill.

Fun? You prefer to reinforce the stereotype of Objectivists as warmongers? I'd thought better of you thus far.

*plonk*

Hmmm, I thought Chris was stating that it is in our own selfish best interests and core values to kill someone who has killed our fellow citizens, friends and relatives and who announces every single day that they are planning to kill all of us.

Again, from the Talmud, if you know someone is coming to kill you, rise up earlier and kill them first.

Or since I am Italian, kill them the minute they get into your effective killing zone that you have shaped just for this battle. Do not think twice, do it and then open a beer and reload. All the while discussing with your fellow warmongers and mongeresses the true essence of the initiation of physical force and its consequences and the core values we just validated with that kill.

Adam

Or since I am Italian, kill them the minute they get into your effective killing zone that you have shaped just for this battle. Do not think twice, do it and then open a beer and reload. All the while discussing with your fellow warmongers and mongeresses the true essence of the initiation of physical force and its consequences and the core values we just validated with that kill.

Adam

Oh baby! I love when you talk that way.

You know, I might have been hasty in a prior judgment. Maybe the Glory That Was Rome is still alive and well today.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Ba'al:

My folks are from the extreme North, the "AltItalia", Parma, Milan, industrialized, intelligentsia, blond hair, blue eyes. There are three critical tasks to focus on in life, education, education and did I mention education!

I am almost sure we had some Celtic incursions when the Roman's got back from the walls in Ireland.

Adam

Getting back to the original post :P

I am so glad that fall is here. It is the best season ever!

Neha

PS - I know a guy who is half Italian and half El Salvadorian - funest combination ever! I love his parents :D

PPS - 12 hours of school makes me silly and super hyper. Hence, the weird random posts you might see pop up :rolleyes:

I am so glad that fall is here. It is the best season ever!

Yes, I agree!

I prefer Spring when life is swelling. Autumn is the seaon of impending death. Leaves fall, flowers wither and grass turns brown. The squirrels hunker down for the cold season. And the heating bills go up. Damn!

Ba'al Chatzaf

I am almost sure we had some Celtic incursions when the Roman's got back from the walls in Ireland.

Adam, northern Italy was "always" Celtic. The area was known as gallia cisalpina (gaul this side of the alps) and the old Venetic and Lepontic languages were either Celtic dialects or were close relatives. Italic itself, of which Latin is a branch, is considered a sister of Celtic.

Autumn is my favorite as well...when I'm in Maine. In the tropics, it's just a change of temp...ugh.

~ Shane