The Death of a very funny man.

George Carlin died last night around 9 P.M. EDT. He went to the hospital because of a heart attack. He was 71 years old, just a kid.

Carlin had some heart problems related to previous drug use.

Some of the laughter died with Carlin. So it goes.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Edited by BaalChatzaf

George Carlin died last night around 9 P.M. EDT. He went to the hospital because of a heart attack. He was 71 years old, just a kid.

Ba'al Chatzaf

70 is the biblical span of life but I too am sadden. His hippy dippy weatherman was very funny.

Ba'al Chatzaf

70 is the biblical span of life but I too am sadden. His hippy dippy weatherman was very funny.

Nowadays a 70 years old person is barely out of middle age.

Carlin by his own estimate had a rather negative view of the human race, but he was funny anyway. Someone has to poke fun at our kind. He did an excellent job.

I get the distinct impression that Rand would not have approved of Carlin's humor. Perhaps some of you O folks might know something about that.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Pam:

Ahh...great riff.

Basically illustrated the need of the human being to "carry" a practical "piece" of their "home"/cave/abode.

Carlin made it exponentially hilarious by exploring the concept that humans tend to "need" their personal material constructs to "center" themselves as they travel.

I understand that Saturday Night Live is, upon information and belief, re-broadcast the first ever Saturday Night Live which is alleged to have been hosted by a radical young comedian George Carlin this weekend.

I have no recollection of that first show, but I was involved in politics and getting laid, so I might have missed that first show. It, if true, is already set to be DVRed.

Great man.

Adam

This man was awesome!

Probably the one skit I remember most (and made me piss my pants) is the one where he receives a speeding ticket - one of many he had floating around on the floorboards or glovebox. He then asked the police officer, "Aren't you a public servant? Go fetch me a glass of water!"

I will sorely miss his slant on the human race.

~ Shane

My client sent me this radio interview just months before he dies, well worth the listen. He addresses comedy and philosophy.

http://www.wnyc.org/shows/bl/episodes/2008...2#segment102759