Hello

Ezikel

This is Adam Hurd speaking (I couldn't resist). Im still learning about what objectivism is as a whole, sorry if im a bit unclear, but it's hard to explain... Anyway if you know of any good resources i could use to further my studies in Objectivism could you list them? Ive read Anthem, Atlas Shrugged, The Fountain Head, Philosophy Who Needs It, and am still reading The Voice of Reason.

This is Adam Hurd speaking (I couldn't resist). Im still learning about what objectivism is as a whole, sorry if im a bit unclear, but it's hard to explain... Anyway if you know of any good resources i could use to further my studies in Objectivism could you list them? Ive read Anthem, Atlas Shrugged, The Fountain Head, Philosophy Who Needs It, and am still reading The Voice of Reason.

Welcome. You have made good selections so far. I would suggest adding the two collections:

The Virtue of Selfishness

Capitalism: The Unknown Ideal

They have a number of essays (such as The Objectivist Ethics) which are foundational.

Bill P (Alfonso)

Adam,

Welcome!

I second Bill's recommendations. There are also several great online resources where you can get oodles of stuff for free (and you can buy even more) about Objectivism:

The Atlas Society

The Ayn Rand Institute - if you register (it's free), they have many free audio and video lectures by Rand

Nathaniel Branden website (for some early Objectivist material not easily available and his own work in Self Esteem)

The Ayn Rand Lexicon

Use the search function and look for the links. They are easy to find.

If you are interested in delving into the intricacies of Introduction to Objectivist Epistemology, we have a study thread here on OL in the Epistemology section with links to many study essays. In fact, if you spend some time looking around OL, you will find information and links all over the place to many issues.

I do not suggest reading the discussions deeply at first, though, since the tenor of OL is to check premises and not teach. This can get confusing, unless you naturally have an outgoing spirit that can take a certain kind of intellectual heat. Still, there is a lot of great stuff around here.

Also, if you are interested in biographical material on Rand, Barbara Branden is a regular contributor and has provided many unpublished stories about her. You have to dig for them. I highly recommend her biography, The Passion of Ayn Rand. There are several others who knew Rand who have provided some other stories you can't find anywhere else, too.

You have a very good time in front of you. Rand's ideas and life are quite exciting, whether you agree or disagree with anything.

Michael