Julian here

Hello everyone,

My name is Julian. I'm a 17 year-old aspiring Objectivist from central Jersey. I'm currently a junior at a pre-med oriented high school, and my life ambition is to be a plastic surgeon. Plastic surgery interests me because it's a combination of medicine and aesthetics--it's like sculpting, but human sculpting, which really intrigues me (that may sound a little strange, haha). I want to disprove the widespread belief that plastic surgery is superficial. I think that it is perfectly rational to want to improve your appearance, so long as it is done tastefully. :rolleyes:

This is a wonderful forum you have. I already like it better than any other Objectivist sites I've been to. This one isn't so hostile, and it seems like a good place for me to learn and grow as a young Objectivist.

Hello everyone,

My name is Julian. I'm a 17 year-old aspiring Objectivist from central Jersey. I'm currently a junior at a pre-med oriented high school, and my life ambition is to be a plastic surgeon. Plastic surgery interests me because it's a combination of medicine and aesthetics--it's like sculpting, but human sculpting, which really intrigues me (that may sound a little strange, haha). I want to disprove the widespread belief that plastic surgery is superficial. I think that it is perfectly rational to want to improve your appearance, so long as it is done tastefully. :rolleyes:

This is a wonderful forum you have. I already like it better than any other Objectivist sites I've been to. This one isn't so hostile, and it seems like a good place for me to learn and grow as a young Objectivist.

Ah, you're probably too late to work on Joan Rivers, but maybe you could help Hillary Clinton with her scary look.

--Brant

edit: Oh, yah. Welcome! Bow wow! Bow wow! ARF!! (Just my chocolate Lab in the background.)

Edited by Brant Gaede

Julian, I am a 120 year-old, 7' 5" white male.

Can you sculpt me into a 25 year old 5 foot tall, Filipino woman?

I'm willing to pay....

Julian, I am a 120 year-old, 7' 5" white male.

Can you sculpt me into a 25 year old 5 foot tall, Filipino woman?

I'm willing to pay....

Yes he can, Phil. So can I. Caveat: You'll have to spend the rest of your life in a basket.

--Brant

Hi Julian, welcome to Objectivist Living. We're glad to have you here. Jump right in to the discussions.

Best of luck with your studies, get really good at it and make lots of money and lots of people beautiful.

Kat

Hello everyone,

Julian -

Welcome to OL! Post away. We look forward to reading your contributions, and responding to them.

Alfonso