Breaded pork chops.

Ciro

Today we are going to cook some Costolette di maiale panate

Breaded pork chops.

This is the same sort of recipe as veal Milanese.

Thin pork chops dipped in beaten eggs, breaded and fried.

Served with lemon. A nice side salad goes well with pork chop panate.

I will give you the doses for 5, you can eventually do some math and figure out how much of ingredients you will need based on the number of the pork chops you want to cook.

5 , ½ inch thick pork chops

2 cups unseasoned bread crumbs

3 large eggs

2 table spoon parmigiano cheese

1 tablespoon whipping heavy cream

1 teaspoon salt or to taste

½ to 1 cup oil. Vegetable oil.

2 lemons cut in wedges

1 cup flour

Cut off the excess fat around the hedges, pound them to make them even thinner.

Put the brand crumbs on a big plate,

Beat the eggs in a shallow bowl, adding the salt , cream and some black pepper.

At this point you should have 4 shallow bowls in front of you one for the flour , one for the eggs,

One for the breading, and one for the fried chops with some paper to absorb the oil.

I suggest here to use the so called two hands technique

First, in a large skillet put the oil and wait a minute or two until the oil is very hot

Then with your right hand coat the chop in the flour then in the eggs, put it in the plate with the bread crumbs, at this point start using only your left hand to work and coat the chop with the bread

Finally fry the pork chop on each side. Take them out when the color is a golden brown,’

Put them on the plate with the paper, let the flavors to be absorbed in the meat, put all the pork chops on

A serving plate with the lemon wedges and a small simple salad with Boston or masculine lettuce,dressed with some balsamic vinegar some olive oil and salt. Buon Appetito.

Ciro

Ps I hope my friend Michael can eat some of this delicious pork chops.

I hope you are not a Muslim ? Muslims don’t eat pork Michael, Daymnnnnnnnn

We are damn pigs!

• 4 weeks later...

I'm going to try this again. I tried making pork chops the other night and made a royal mess of it. I didn't have bread crumbs and didn't realize that we were out of corn flakes, so I tried to improvise by making toast and trying to make breadcrumbs, but it was not dry enough and I wound up with something more like stuffing than breading. Gunky goo, but it was fun to squish around in! (Please don't tell Michael I can't cook, he'll be devastated!)

I have a question about the recipe. I'm going to do boneless, skinless chicken breasts and make a not so Italiano chicken parmesean with sauce from a jar of Newman's Own. :oops:

In the ingredient list it lists parmesean cheese but in the instructions it is not mentioned. I assume that it is mixed in with the bread crumbs. Is this correct? Also can regular milk be used for cream, and if so, does the amount change?

Kat

Student of Obcheftivism

Kat, the parmigiano goes in the mixing with the eggs, eliminate the milk complitely, it is fine with out it.

Don't cut the chicken breast too thick, or the the inside part of the chicken will not be cooked. Ciao. Ciro