Superbowl Sunday

Kat

Just got my Superbowl football pool numbers today. I hope I win. I didn't bet on a team and the Bears aren't playing this year so it doesn't seem as exciting as it did last year. I found some superbowl ads online and they are pretty funny. I really like the one for Blockbusters. Check them out here.

Enjoy the game,

Kat

Michael just asked me what time kick-off was and I told him I'd look it up. Seems silly but it actually took some digging, even superbowl.com doesn't post the actual kick-off time just a countdown counter and it looked too much like math to me.... I then checked the local listings and the pre-game stuff starts around two and the game at 5:00 central. In Chicago it is on Fox. Kick-off time is something like a quarter after. So to make it easy here are the times.

Superbowl times

6:00 Eastern

5:00 Central

4:00 Mountain

3:00 Pacific

Check your local listings to confirm time and channel. My team is not playing this year, but I am a Tom Petty fan so I may check it out.

Kat

Giants won.

Phoey.

:bug:

Michael

They played very well. They earned the victory. Their defense was top notich.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Just got my Superbowl football pool numbers today.

Yeah, well, my wife is truly an individualist and truly a libertarian, which means that she can be truly in the dark about the wider world. In particular, I said something about not being able to get in a report to my colleagues while I waited for them to talk about the Superbowl. "I guess it's this Sunday," I said. (I am not a sports guy and football is down there with golf as something they make you do in Hell.) She said, "Next Tuesday." :D

Bob is right. The Giants had great defense.

As a Giant fanatic since I was 8 years old which was in 1954, this one was almost as sweet as the first. It was the second best superbowl of my life. I bet $50 on each superbowl with a private enterprize and I am have only lost two (with the points - obviously).

Manning came of age. The Tyree catch was one of the top five in superbowl history in terms of impact. The defese was virtually perfect. The offensive line exerted it's authority on the first drive which kept the incredible offense of the Pats off the field four 10 minutes and scored first which is critical in superbowl games.

It was a nirvana game for me. My lady, who does not like football was totally into the game and truely enjoyed it which I guess was part of the nirvana part! lol.

Three out of four superbowl wins. Wow. As a fanatic who waited until 1987, or 33 years for just one, this was icing.