Microwave Heating Pad

Here's a really cute tip I came across for this winter's aches and pains: DIY: Make your Own Heating Pad. From the article:

Tip Nut shares how you can make a nice heating pad for yourself and they also share how to make a super fast variety. I chose the super fast variety.
"If you need a heating pad “now” and don’t have time to sew one, try filling a ziploc freezer bag (make sure it’s the microwaveable kind) 3/4 full with uncooked rice, seal shut. Heat for a minute or two then wrap in a hand towel and use as needed.

You can also fill a clean tube sock, tie closed the open end, heat and use as needed."

The site of the original article is called Tip Nut: Make Your Own Microwave Heating Pad.

What a cool site!

As an aside, or better, going on the other side (to cold), when I had my knee surgery while I was at my parents house a couple of years ago, I needed an ice pack real quick for recovery. I could not get around too well, the pain was awful and my parents were elderly. Enter a bag of frozen peas. I liked using those peas a lot because the bag easily shaped itself to my leg and the cold lasted a long time. Once we got a legitimate ice pack, I would not use it. I liked the frozen peas better. And later we even got to eat them.

:)

Michael