Lecture and Movies on Global Warming and Environmentalism

Hello Everyone,

I know it has been sometime since I posted here. However for those of you who live in the Phoenix-metro area, I thought you all might be interested in attending a lecture that my Objectivist philosophy group is hosting on Thursday, November 8th in which our guest will be Dr. Robert Balling, Jr. He will give a lecture on his findings on global warming.

Dr. Balling is the former director of the Office of Climatology and is a professor of geography at Arizona State University and has been openly critical of former Vice President Al Gore and the film An Inconvenient Truth. Dr. Balling has also written books on this subject like The Satanic Gases: Clearing the air about global warming.

The meeting will begin at 6:30 and will be held at China Village Restaurant on 27th Street and Indian School Road in Phoenix.

If you can't make that meeting, my group will also host a viewing of 2 films: Mine Your Own Business and The Great Global Warming Swindle that will can be viewed at Bookmans on 19th Avenue and Northern in Phoenix also at 6:30 p.m. on Thursday, November 29th. Both of these films show the dark side of environmentalism and the science they use to justify their positions.

If you attend the China Village meeting the only thing you will be required to do is buy something to eat as I have an agreement with the restaurant owner that anyone who attends meetings my group holds there will do so. The Bookmans event is free of charge.

Please RSVP if you are interested in coming by e-mailing phoenixobjectivists(at)gmail.com and pass this on to anyone else you think would be interested in coming.

Our group's website is: http://phoenixobjectivists.blogspot.com

For any of you out there who participate in or are heads of Objectivist groups, I would strongly encourage you to host a forum on this since your group can be an invaluable resource in putting the brakes on the mean environmentalist movement's anti-life agenda.

Excellent idea!

I think most Objectivists understand the issue so a program like the one in Phoenix is preaching to the choir. The most important outcome is keeping Inconvient Truth out of the public schools.

Thanks, Chris.

I agree with keeping Gore's movie out of the government schools is a good way to start and it seems that will not be shown in them any time soon. Unfortunately, the government schools still indoctrinate kids in the mean greenie's propaganda and if the last election here is any indication, there is still much work to be done. Even though Arizona voters have an independent streak in them they have enacted a number of taxes and spending for corporate welfare projects and transit, a minimum wage law, bans on smoking and new social welfare programs.

In many of Arizona's political institutions, the essence of the state is quasi-libertarian. However, I made it a point to not just 'preach to the choir' but also to use my group as a vehicle to educate the public by covering issues like this and publicizing them via as many low to no cost methods as possible (i.e. word of mouth).

The trend can be reversed and the way to do that is to change the culture. I think Objectivist groups can play a good role in it..

Excellent idea!

I think most Objectivists understand the issue so a program like the one in Phoenix is preaching to the choir. The most important outcome is keeping Inconvient Truth out of the public schools.

Edited by Mike Renzulli

It just occurred to me that at all the church services I've been at the choir doesn't leave when the preacher starts preaching. So there maybe nothing wrong with preaching to the choir.

Of course not. But, from my vantage point, the irrational votes cast in favor of liberty-destroying ballot initiatives tells me that we have to preach not only to the choir, but to the masses too.

It just occurred to me that at all the church services I've been at the choir doesn't leave when the preacher starts preaching. So there maybe nothing wrong with preaching to the choir.