Proper Intro

Newberry

Hello all,

I would like to properly introduce myself. I know several of you from online correspondence and I have shared a dinner or two with Barbara, Ciro, Robert B., the Enrights James HN, Phil. I paint full-time in NYC and you can see my work, read my thoughts on art, and find out about my workshops/mentor program at www.michaelnewberry.com

I like people who make ideas real and I have a special regard for my collectors. Ideas, specifically aesthetic ones, play a huge role in my life--ideas and emotions have served me very well as I continue in my fourth decade of art making with the same enthusiasm and abandon I started with.

I have met wonderful people through online correspondence and I expect more of the same will occur here.

Michael

Edited by Newberry

Hello all,

I would like to properly introduce myself. I know several of you from online correspondence and I have shared a dinner or two with Barbara, Ciro, Robert B., the Enrights James HN, Phil. I paint full-time in NYC and you can see my work, read my thoughts on art, and find out about my workshops/mentor program at www.michaelnewberry.com

I like people who make ideas real and I have a special regard for my collectors. Ideas, specifically aesthetic ones. play a huge role in my life--ideas and emotions have served me very well as I continue in my fourth decade of art making with the same enthusiasm and abandon I started with.

I have met wonderful people through online correspondence and I expect more of the same will occur here.

Michael

By golly! You are a busy guy. You have an eye for relatively isolated upright objects. Interesting. Your impressionistic sea-scape is also quite interesting.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Thanks Michael and Chris.

By golly! You are a busy guy. You have an eye for relatively isolated upright objects. Interesting. Your impressionistic sea-scape is also quite interesting.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Perhaps I can introduce the verticals of my still lifes to the horizontals of my landscapes and make happy couples? ;)

BTW

Ba'al Chatzaf,

I don't know if you know many artists but saying that their work is interesting can be taken as a dig. And, I am not sure if you know better or not.

Michael

Not a dig at all. I find your work quite interesting. Why is that considered a dig?

Ba'al Chatzaf

Not a dig at all. I find your work quite interesting. Why is that considered a dig?

Ba'al Chatzaf

Ok. I don't recommend you say that in gallery, you might get drenched with a vase of flowers and water. ;) "Interesting" is the most common expression people use when, in an art gallery, they see art that they don't like or understand.

The logical response is what exactly you find interesting. That sets up a dialog that the artist can work with.

Cheers,

Michael