Ayn Rand devotees hug over 'Atlas Shrugged'

Matus1976

Here is a recent article in the CSMonitor on the Atlas Sphere site and Objectivism. I was mentioned in the article.

"On the 50th anniversary of the publishing of Rand's seminal book, followers date using a website where romance is pursued selfishly and productively"

From - http://www.csmonitor.com/2007/1012/p20s01-ussc.html?page=1

I was interviewed by a writer for the Christian Science Monitor this weekend, the interview was a good hour and a half and I was mentioned in the article. I am glad to be in it, but I think the way she presented me was disingenuous, with my comment taken out a bit out of context for the literary value of the contradiction and no doubt the length restrictions of commercial publication, but she painted me and ultimately Rand and Objectivism in a generally poor light.

Hey, I'd love to pick apples with someone I love! I was referring to the notion of a significant other being annoyed that I could not repeatedly do typical things, sit around watch tv, roam around a mall for hours, go out to clubs and bars every weekend. I enjoy those things tremendously when I need a break from working or I just want to spend some really good quality time with a person I care about, but I don't want to do those things just to keep me from being bored because when I don't have anything else to do, especially not while I have so many long term goals I am working very hard toward. Anyone I would have a serious relationship with would need to admire that in me, not be annoyed by it.

- Michael