Lewis on Limbaugh

Jonathan

Minnesota's Jason Lewis is guest hosting the Rush Limbaugh program today. Lewis has been a very passionate and informed defender of liberty on Minnesota's airwaves for years. His views are usually more libertarian than conservative.

Give him a listen if you get a chance today.

J

Edited by Jonathan

Btw, sorry that my posting of the above notice didn't give anyone much time to hear Lewis. I don't listen to Rush that often and didn't realize that Lewis was on until tuning in about halfway through today's show, which was actually quite Objectivist in its discussions on monopolies, property rights and government abuse. I hope Rush asks him to guest host more often in the future.

J

Thanks, MSK. I didn't attend the anti-tax rally discussed in the clip that you linked to, but I've been to similar events that were organized or promoted by Lewis which were also mischaracterized by the media. In fact, one of the most entertaining things about going to such rallies is watching the media show up, and then observing how they choose camera angles and decide which individuals or portions of a crowd to film in order to create the impression of the event that they want to create, regardless of whether or not it has anything to do with reality. At the next rally I'm thinking that I should follow the media around with a video camera and record how they go about choosing what to record, and then post it on youtube.

J

Edited by Jonathan

Jonathan; Shame on you. The media doesn't have a liberal bias. All kidding aside your idea about the video camera following them around is great.

Who knows maybe you'll be the next Michael Moore from the right side.

Edited by Chris Grieb

• 7 months later...

I heard on KTLK today that Lewis will be sitting in for Rush again tomorrow and Friday. Give him a listen if you get chance. He occasionally makes references to Rand and her ideas, and can be a very potent voice for liberty.

J

I thought I was in a time warp wormhole for a second because I did listen to Rush today and yes Thursday and Friday will be the guest host and he is substancially liertarian and Rush's audience is conservatively at least 20,000,000 listeners.

Secondly, as we Rhetoric wonks know, he is what we call a "gatekeeper". A significant part of those 20 mil. influence a geometric amount of their networks every single day.

Adam

Not a problem Chris.

I have listened to Rush for almost 20 years. An individual who is, according to his own statements, a Conservative. However, he was an innovator who developed a business and marketing plan that changed the AM media into an incredible profit center. On numerous occassion he has referred to Atlas Shrugged and highly recommended the book to his 20,000,000 known listeners.

The libertarian who did his show was spectacular. I have heard him on the show before. He was an intelllectual pleasure.

Thanks for the heads up.

Adam

• 9 months later...
Lewis is sitting in for Rush again today, and talking a lot about the economy, government bailouts, etc. He mentioned Atlas Shrugged in the first hour and the fact that there aren't any John Galts in the business world.

T.J. Rogers, CEO of Cypress Semiconductor. How could he know such a thing?

--Brant

Yep - he is an excellent substitute host.

Yesterday, Dennis Miller asked a guest, [some new dude that has a self actualization/self improvement/Erhart -EST - sometimes you just get "it" secular religious experience program] so you're kind of an Ayn Rand type and I pretty much agree with her on almost everything.

I still remember the section of The Fountainhead where Dominique is musing about greatness, rightness, correctness and how you can try to suppress it and keep it down, but like an underground spring it explodes anywhere.

Always liked that section. I am sure a Freudian without intelligence could make a living on potential sexual meaning in that section, but not from me lol.

Maybe we do still have a chance? My heavens ...talk radio saves us from ARI sounds like Godzilla meets the brain from outer space.

Adam

Lewis is sitting in for Rush again today, and talking a lot about the economy, government bailouts, etc. He mentioned Atlas Shrugged in the first hour and the fact that there aren't any John Galts in the business world.

--Brant

Well, Jason didn't literally mean that there were no John Galts in existence. In the context of his radio show, he meant that there were no Galts among the bankers, automobile manufacturers, etc., who were begging for bailout money from the government.

J

--Brant

Well, Jason didn't literally mean that there were no John Galts in existence. In the context of his radio show, he meant that there were no Galts among the bankers, automobile manufacturers, etc., who were begging for bailout money from the government.

J

Should there have been?

--Brant