FRACTURE

~ In keeping with my self-accepted role of O-L's 'movie reviewer', here's my new one.

~ Think of COLUMBO-cum-LAW-AND-ORDER-cum-HOUSE-OF-GAMES...and Anthony Hopkins is the 'perp' (not giving away anything here.)---We're talking a 'mind-game' battle-of-wits play, here, akin to SLEUTH.

~ One can be tempted to consider Hopkins justified in the action (and maybe the law/order-evasion), but, as a main point, such is irrelevent. The main, original audience concern is just exactly 'how' he managed to...hide 'the evidence' in an otherwise open-shut 'slam-dunk' case for the prosecutor (causing the hot-shot prosecuter to revise his 'fast track' life focus to maybe...opening a pawn shop?)...and then discovering Hopkins' real, final, end-agenda.

LLAP

J:D

~ About Hopkins' 'gizmos': they're relevent...metaphorically; a slightest 'fracture' ends the process (egg-fruition; gizmo's process-ending.) Here the 'fracture' is...awareness by one (eventually), and the awareness and expectation by the other of the 1st's...with an overlooked aspect not of the original 'crime,' but of a later, process-inevitable, 'legally authorized' decision.

~ This is one, Byzantinely 'fractured' story plotting...but, the cracks all fit.

LLAP

J:D

Edited by John Dailey

• 1 year later...

In keeping with my renewals of year-old threads that are well worth reviving, *Fracture* was another of the great Anthony Hopkins movies. I saw it in theater in its original Bangkok run, but just now I acquired it on DVD and watched it again, and it is a very good film.

-Ross Barlow.