Clubs and Local Groups

Kat

• 1 month later...

The Death Penalty..to some, a CAPITAL idea, to others, it's murder...it's something that has divided libertarians since the word was created. Hopefully it will divide our group next Tuesday, June 20th at the home of Jack McHugh.

Social Hour (just to KILL time) will begin at 6, and the meeting will start around 7:15. Please bring a LAST MEAL, oops I mean snacks and/or drinks if possible, and lets EXECUTE some fine philosophical discussion. At the heart of this discussion will be the concept of justice vs. the divinity of human life, even that of a convicted murderer. If you have some valuable reading material or something to share that would add greatly, bring it! Hope to see you there!

Contact me for directions.

• 3 weeks later...

MMOC will meet in Lansing, MI on Tuesday, July 18. Social hour will begin at 6, the meeting will begin around 7. The topic is as follows:

What if it's true? What if there IS a god? Would an eternity in hell really be worth our own pride and principle here on earth? Can it be considered a conflict of self interest, since self interest involves considering the long-term and not just the short? What have we got to lose by believing--just in case?

Contact me privately for directions if you are interested in coming.