Bruschetta Chicken

CNA

1/2 cup all purpose flour

2 eggs, lightly beaten

4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 pound)

1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese

1/4 cup dry bread crumbs

1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted

2 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped

3 tablespoons minced fresh basil

2 garlic cloves, minced

1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/4 teaspoon pepper

Place flour and eggs in separate shallow bowls. Dip chicken in flour, then in eggs; place in a greased 13 by 9 by 2 inch baking dish. Combine the parmesan cheese, bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over chicken. Loosely cover baking dish with foil. Bake at 375 for 20 minutes. Uncover; bake 5 to 10 minutes longer or until top is browned. Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Spoon over chicken. Return to the oven for 3 to 5 minutes or until tomato mixture is heated through. 4 Servings

Nutrition: one serving (prepared with 1/2 cup egg substitute) equals 358 calories, 13 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 86 mg cholesterol, 623 mg sodium, 22 grams carbs, 2 g fiber, 36 g protein.

post-91-1175375784_thumb.jpg

Bruschetta Chicken Bake - Weight Watchers recipe

2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces

2 garlic cloves, minced

1 onion, chopped

1 teaspoon dried basil

1/2 teaspoon dried oregano

1/8 teaspoon pepper

1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded

1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained

1 (6 ounce) package Stove Top chicken stuffing mix

Preheat oven to 400. Saute chicken with spices, onion and garlic until lightly browned, but not cooked through. Place chicken in a casserole dish and sprinkle with cheese. In a bowl, mix tomatoes and stuffing mix, until stuffing mix is moistened. Spread stuffing and tomato mixture over chicken and cheese.

Bake for 30 minutes. 4 servings, 5.5 WW points

Edited by CNA

Thanks for the recipes, Angie. I love bruschetta and never though of it as a chicken topping as I have only seen it as a bread appetizer. The first one sounds much more appetizing to me. I just can't image canned tomatoes and Stovetop stuffing together in a recipe tasting very good.

To make the first recipe a little bit more Weight Watchers friendly, use whole wheat flour, substitute olive oil for butter, substitute crushed bran flakes or Fiber One cereal for the bread crumbs, and maybe eliminate one of the egg yolks (or use egg substitute).... or just skip the breading, etc. altogether and grill the chicken. I think I will try making something like this later this week.

Cut a couple tomatoes in half and remove seeds. Throw in food processor with a couple cloves of garlic, some onion, fresh basil, salt, pepper, and a little olive oil and zap. Serve over grilled chicken breasts and top with freshly grated parmesean cheese.

Kat