The Colbert Report and Ayn Rand.

A friend of mine has said that on a recent Colbert Report opened with him reading from an Ayn Rand novel. I don't know the date of the show but did anyone see it? Has Colbert does this before? If you saw it what was your reaction? Any guesses on what Peikoff's reaction would be?

Edited by Chris Grieb

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't see it, wish I had, Colbert is a funny guy. Obviously he's not actually advancing a conservative agenda but rather doing the opposite. My reaction probably would have been "Hey dad, look! Colbert is reading an Ayn Rand novel!" followed by fits of laughter. If I had to guess Peikoff would have gotten up in arms, after all, the purpose of the Colbert Report is to give everybody he says is good a bad name (aside from entertaining that is). Then again, that's pure speculation.

I haven't yet seen it but a friend did and said it was not favorable. Still The Colbert Report are watched by trendy types so it's probably good. Maybe all the other people on this web site aren't trendy.

Great show, I watch it because it's funny and because it's the most objective news source I know of. I figure, hey, he brings up topics and then gives positions on them that are so irrelevant that he really gives no opinion at all. So it's objective in the sense that it's in no way biased because the bias is so easy to disregard.

• 1 month later...

Well, I wish they didn't use the "objectivists hate (voluntary) sharing" stereotype, but it was a funny clip nonetheless.