Sports Rants

Danneskjold

I hate anybody in baseball that uses steroids. Same goes for human growth hormone users. It's all the same and it's all bullshit. Fair retribution for using any of those types of substances? I'd say death or forced retirement and the baseball equivalent of dishonorary discharge accompanied with a HUGE fine (six figures). Since you can't actually wipe a player's stats from the stat book, I figure that should be fair seeing as they didn't get there by any virtue of their own. Those people make me wish this guy was still alive. Much of my anger is directed towards Barry Bonds, steroids have done him quite well. He's probably the most successful scumbag of them all. Needless to say, everything I say about Barry Bonds goes for every other person who uses steroids in baseball, also any other sport. I'm just exponentially less passionate about those sports.

They didn't erase their statistics from the record books in a Big Brother like fashion where it looks like they never appeared in Major League Baseball (as would be just punishment for the steroid user's crime). They were kept out of the Hall though.

Jeff; On the banning of the Black Sox and Pete Rose from the Baseball HOF I have mixed feelings. I at one point thought that if Pete Rose said he was sorry and admitted what he had done the ban might be lifted then I read his book and my reaction was keep him out. On the Black Sox I get the idea that Joe Jackson and Buck Weaver played very well, got no money and told the truth about what happened I sort of want to let Jackson in the Hall of Fame. I don't feel any sympathy for Barry Bonds, Mark McGuire or Sammy Sosa. When Mark and Sammy where having their race in 1998 I loved it but was just disgusted by their Congressional testimony. I just find Bonds disgusting.

Edited by Chris Grieb

Guys, over here we don't get much coverage of baseball and everything internal to the sport. I'll go away and gather more info to catch up on Mr Bonds'activities.

As far as stats go, they could substitute the persons name with the name of the substance they used! (More than a little tongue in cheek.)

At the end of the day its moral cheating in my book, but some sports sign up to it and some turn a blind eye.