My School Kicks at Basketball

Danneskjold

So, how it breaks down is that my (public school) basketball team beat (private school) Mater Dei's basketball team the #3 team in the nation by nine yesterday in their home (18 million dollar) gym. Kevin Love is our best player, actually according to ESPN he's the nation's best player. Oh ya, and also according to ESPN he has the best fundamentals of any high school basketball player in the last 25 years. He's not bad.

Bow down. :cool:

Chances are that he'll spend one year at UCLA, although I couldn't guarantee it. I see the value in an education, but I also see that if he goes pro he's set for life anyway. If he's guaranteed a living just by getting pro, I don't see why he shouldn't go to the NBA. A college basketball career is more likely to hurt him than help him as far as his future goes because of injury. I'm not sure I would say it's a bad idea for him to go to pro immediately.

Jeff; I hope Kevin has good adviser explaining the problems he can encounter. Are you friends? A friendly copy of Anthem might be a step in the right direction. This could build on my investment.

Edited by Chris Grieb

Naw, not a chance. My sister used to have some classes with him, she pretty much described him as an airhead that has his moments. She did say that some of his moments could be very profound.

• 2 weeks later...