The new reality show in January

There are few things on TV coming up that I am secretly looking forward to. One is the new reality show in January, oh god! I like Jason a.k.a. “Wee Man” along with some other celebrities on a new reality show. I will watch Armed and Famous where they are cops in a small town in Indiana. It sounds like a cross between Reno 911 and Surreal Life. Hey, it’s like watching the Anna Nicole Smith show, I guess if I watch Jason a.k.a. “Wee Man” on this show...it's fascinating! I wonder if America will fall in love with him like they did with Tami Faye Baker. My roommate loves Tami Faye after watching the Surreal Life. But I’m really sure that my friend will love Jason after watching this reality series of CBS.

I don't watch reality tv. I am not going to watch this new show either. It's not reality. Reality does not have tv cameras following our every move. There was an episod of L&O where a tv producer was tried for manslaugher after someone in his reality show was killed. He's found guilty. If that happened to a lot more I would not be unhappy.

I heard of a precursor to some of the bizarre stuff that goes on in reality show years ago, but I have not confirmed it. According to what a friend told me about his visit to Japan (in the 70's), there was a TV program where women would lay down in a sectioned-off area. They had scant clothing on. Food was put on their bodies at strategic places. Then pigs were released and they proceeded to eat the food. The women were eliminated when they laughed.

My friend said this was a hugely popular show.

Go figure.

Michael