I finally joined !!!

Marc

Hello to all,

I am Marc and live in Toronto. I wanted to quickly introduce myself as I finally joined this wonderful place after reading here for a few months . I was actually going to post on the thread about the auction in 98 (Michael Stuart Kelly) that I was reading last week but thought I should introduce myself here first.

I have loved Ayn Rands work for over 20 years now -so much that I named my first 2 daughters Kira and Dominique !

In 1998, I purchased several autographed copies of Ayn Rands books and also other items. The items that I bought have given me great pleasure and when I saw the thread about the auction I wanted to jump in and discuss points that are of interest.

I will post on the aution thread tomorrow if I cannot today.

It feels great to be here amoung friends and so many great people.When I see some of the names on this site I feel exhilirated.

Regards,

Marc

Welcome, Marc! But why did you stop with Kira and Dominique? Get busy -- you need a daughter, Dagny, too!

You guys and naming your kids after Rand characters, my goodness. I suppose I should tell you of the odd series of events surrounding my daughter's pet gerbils.

Rachel originally had a boy and girl gerbil named Francisco and Dagny, and they (the gerbils) went at it like -- uh -- minks. Seriously mated, they were. Then Francisco mysteriously disappeared, and we got another boy gerbil for Dagny and named him Hank (of course), and Dagny became thoroughly tritterpated with Hank, and that seemed to be that. Then my daughter made the mistake of letting Dagny play with the neighbor's pet gerbil, John, and now she won't mate with Hank any more. What to do -- what to do. :-(

REB

Thank you for the warm welcome Michael and REB !

We have 3 children and my 3rd was a boy but if it was a girl I was pulling for Dagny !!

We decided to go with a ''regular'' name for him ,haha .

Marc

Thank you for the welcomes !

Jeff, I have read most of your posts and thouroughly enjoy your writings. I also have wondered about your baseball career and hoping that when you make the Majors you are still planning on sharing your wisdom here ! I also wonder how many Objectivist ball players there are in the Majors ?

Chris, Thank you and I did just post on the auction thread moments ago.Please feel free to ask me anything about the items that I have.

Kat, Thank you and a belated happy birthday for you !

BTW, my son is Dylan !

Marc

Well, thank you for the high compliments. They are appreciated greatly. Yes, supposing no drastic changes or things that happen that prevent me from doing so I plan to stay on this forum for a long time. As for Objectivist ballplayers, well, there's a lot better chance of having an Objectivist baseball player than there is most other sports. Don't really know why but it seems like a lot of ballplayers lean towards individualism in spite of their status of participation on the team.