Video Games

Matus:

~ Yeah. Been a fan of Blizzard since DIABLO. Even managed to finish that sucker (and it's sequel.) Only played the 1st vers of WARCRAFT, which was cute and mesmerizing in its strategy-needs; I understand it's sequels are just as good (if you got the graphics upgrade-ability.)

~ Then, there's STARCRAFT. Played it and the 'expansion' add-on BROODS OF WAR, and loved 'em. But, though for a couple years talk was that there's some 1st-person 'sequel' centering around the ghost soldier coming...not a word yet on a-n-ything beyond vaporware. Surprised they're not playing up the series like W-C (for that matter, why not a DIABLO-III?) Probably MMOL conversion-probs, I'd guess; and, 'on-line' IS where the money is now.

LLAP

J:D

Edited by John Dailey

You know what a great game was? Advent Rising. I was WAYYYYYY into that game until my xbox broke and its not compatible with the 360. That game takes SOOOO long to finish, I don't even know how far into it I was.

~ Still working thru DO SEX DOOZY SEX DICEY SEX DUO SEX, er, DEUS EX, and, man, great 'game-play', but, I'm really hating all this darkness/night-time stuff. Batman couldn't have had it this bad! Can't play this in the daytime with the sun shining in the room, and have to have ALL my actual room lights out just to see a ladder anywhere in the sewers or the roofs. Even Joey complains "John, why's it so dark in here?" I give the stupid response: "So I can SEE!" --- For all the 'high-tech' gads you get, they didn't think of a simple flashlight? Flares is it? Even DOOM3 had a flashlight fergodsakes!

~ Ntl, fascinating story: 'torn from today's headlines' (minus references to Muslimism). Terrorists, rogue govt agencies using *you* as a pawn against 'alleged' terrorists ('freedom fighters'?), etc. Love it (but for no f***'n flashlight!)

LLAP

~ Still working thru DO SEX DOOZY SEX DICEY SEX DUO SEX, er, DEUS EX, and, man, great 'game-play', but, I'm really hating all this darkness/night-time stuff. Batman couldn't have had it this bad! Can't play this in the daytime with the sun shining in the room, and have to have ALL my actual room lights out just to see a ladder anywhere in the sewers or the roofs. Even Joey complains "John, why's it so dark in here?" I give the stupid response: "So I can SEE!" --- For all the 'high-tech' gads you get, they didn't think of a simple flashlight? Flares is it? Even DOOM3 had a flashlight fergodsakes!

You can use flares, or your light augmentation (f12 by default)

stud:

~ Uh, yeah...I knew that; just checking you guys out.

~ Actually, got this as discount/'pre'-owned, and it came with no manual/booklet, but instead a 'quickie' card-summary. Had to go on-line to find out more on how to do what.

~ Thanx. You've 'augmented' my play considerably. Maybe I can finish it this year.

LLAP

I'm at my friend's house and we've been playing World of Warcraft Burning Crusade. The new expansion is really ridiculously cool. They stacked another ten levels on the max. The thing with it is I can make heads or tales of the new technical stuff so I can't figure out what's good with what type of stuff as far as classes and races go. I'm thinking about getting it for my laptop but I know I'll have to downgrade the graphics card to make it work. That's okay though, it's still a good time.

World of [Freaking] Warcraft. I got it yesterday with the new expansion, most amazing thing ever. EVER. I'm freaking addicted though, which sucks.

I haven't bought the "Burning Crusade" expansion, but I've been playing WOW for a few months now, and it is really cool, and can be quite "addictive".

RCR

~ Well, I'm a little better than 1/2-way thru DO SEX ZEU SEX ZUES'S EX (Damn!) DUES EX (made it to Hong Kong), but, I gotta suggest an oldie-but-goodie here...for those into chess :cool:

~ An old Nintendo game (may be d-l'able, given JAVA 'n' all) call ARCHON is...fascinating. 9x9 board, play against comp or an other. Like Chess, 'major' pieces have different moves on the board :zorro: :super: , but, when a piece on a square is attacked, the whole game shifts to hyper-mode where the pieces (you and whoever) FIGHT for the square :poke: :frantics: ; the best finger-twitcher wins. Each piece has different modes of attacks (close-in or ranged). There are 'pawns' in the beginning settup. 'Board music' is sleepily-ethereal :sleep: ; 'fight-music' is adrenaline-hyper :hyper: .

~ As in chess, control of the 'center' is paramount...but...not always necessary. :sweat:

LLAP

World of [Freaking] Warcraft. I got it yesterday with the new expansion, most amazing thing ever. EVER. I'm freaking addicted though, which sucks.

I haven't bought the "Burning Crusade" expansion, but I've been playing WOW for a few months now, and it is really cool, and can be quite "addictive".

RCR

Buy the new expansion, VERY MUCH WORTH THE EXTRA MONEY. Two whole new characters and everything.

The two new characters serve to even the groups out a bit. The Draenai (Alliance) can be Shamans (previously exclusive to Horde), and look like a nicer Horde character (big and bulky, but with an intelligent spin). The Blood Elfs (Horde) aren't as bad as they sound, their name is commemorative of their dead brethren. They have a more intelligent and less bulky figure unlike the majority of the Horde. They can also be Paladins (previously exclusive to Alliance).

Other than that, what server? Name? Horde or Alliance?

Why is the game so over-concentrated on preserving the environment, amongst other things, against industrialization? I noticed that when I was about to make a Tauren Druid.

• 2 weeks later...

~ I'm 'currently' trying to get off the goddamn ship in one piece and gave up trying to 'stealthily' avoid killing everyone who's ready to kill me 'cause they think I'm their enemy. There're so many patrols they're tripping over each other...and...I gotta go THROUGH them. Bummer.

~ For those who've played Do Sex, er Deus Ex, do you think Batman had THIS many problems avoiding hurting police when they were ordered to get him?

~ I'm starting to appreciate Mario and Pac-Man.

LLAP

• 2 months later...

~ Well, finally finished DUES EX (whew; spelled it right)...more or less. Reached the point of having to 'decide' which of 3 endings I preferred. Reading through the 'walkthroughs', I found that none particularly mattered (no big 'Boss' to contend with); they were each merely slightly different additional, and small, maze-traps to contend with, with no real, final 'Payoff.' --- Up to that point, it all really was interesting, but, a story with no...catharsis? Merely a...stopping point? This aspect of 'game-play' lacked BIG TIME. Not sure if I'm interested in its sequel, though I'd grown to really like the J.C. Denton character and figuring how to choose who to merely 'tranquilize' vs 'kill' (not that it seemed to matter, even on 'Realistic' dif-setting). Loved the whole 'conspiracy' orientation, MIBs, aliens, govt-cover-ups, who're 'good-guys' and not, Illuminati and MJ-12, but...bad end-game closure idea of preference irrelevent to...anything, really.

~ Guess I'll get back to finishing TR-III.

LLAP

• 4 weeks later...