Music Videos for kids

Kat

Sometimes rock stars do kid stuff. Remember Yellow Submarine? It was a kids movie. The Beatles also did a Saturday morning cartoon series. Post-break Ringo Starr went on to be Mr. Conductor in the popular kid's show, Shining Time Station (Thomas the Tank Engine's show) and Paul McCartney was involved with

, an English kids cartoon. As the resident OL Beatlemanic, I'm sharing Beatle-related videos, but I'm sure other muscians have done stuff for kids. I remember when groups like the Jackson 5 were Saturday morning cartoons. When you run across some good music videos for the kids, share them.

The Beatles - Yellow Submarine

This is a homemade video made with many of the kind of Beatles toys I have around my house and I thought it was very cute and has some cool effects like the color going away when bonked by Apple Bonkers and coming back at the end when the Beatle music triumphs. It is not from the movie Yellow Submarine, but definitely worth a look.

Ye

- The Beatles (toys)

Here are some clips from the movie

Nowhere Man - The Beatles

- The Beatles

It's All Too Much - The Beatles

Eleanor Rigby - The Beatles

Only a Northern Song - The Beatles

Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band - The Beatles

When I'm 64

All Together Now - The Beatles

Hey Bulldog - The Beatles (studio, the animated versions were low quality and this shows them having fun)

Paul McCartney

Mary Had a Little Lamb - Paul McCartney & Wings

We All Stand Together - Paul McCartney and Frogs

John Lennon

Here is John Lennon's song for his son, Sean

(My son is also named Sean, so this is his song!)

Beautiful Boy - John Lennon

There is a commercial that they have been playing quite a bit recently on Nickodeon for a Karaoke video game. My son has started singing along (er...very loudly I might say) whenever the commercial comes on. It's a catchy tune singing about the days of the week. It's an old song by The Cure called Friday I'm in love and so I dug up the video on youtube. The video shows the band performing the song and playing dress up with silly hats and stuff. BTW - Inky and I love this song too. Here is a link:

Friday I'm In Love - The Cure

I don't care if Monday's blue

Tuesday's grey and Wednesday too

Thursday I don't care about you

It's Friday I'm in love

Monday you can fall apart

Tuesday Wednesday break my heart

Thursday doesn't even start

It's Friday I'm in love