Residential video telephony may be next big thing!

I am an Objectivist and have been since 1968. I do have a bit of a conflict here because I am eager to share awareness of a product which enables one to see a friend or loved one face to face who lives at a distance using a product which won the coveted Best of Innovations in Design and Engineering Award at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas in 2005 and which you might have seen as it was a product placement on the popular Fox Network Show "24" used by Chloe and Edgar when Jack Bauer called in to have Edgar move a satellite around without attracting Driscoll's attention.

I assume that Objectivists are like ordinary people in that they probably have loved ones who might be at a distance, perhaps a spouse who travels on business, a parent or grandchild who live in another city or state, a business associate or sibling with whom you speak often.

Admittedly there are computer based options which commit you to be glued in front of the PC or Mac. This new gadget operates over broadband cable or DSL and if you attach your modem to a wall outlet with an ethernet cable you can use the Ojo attached to any other wall outlet in your home. SO while the kids are chatting on the computer using webcams, you can use the Ojo to see and "visit" with your loved one elsewhere comfortably in your home.

My conflict is that I own a few shares of stock in the little company which created the Ojo so this is like a spam thing and I have been warned already. Still I do think that Objectivists are into awareness and I am not telling any of you to buy this gadget or to buy the stock either. Just be aware that residential video telephony is the next big thing, no maybes about it. And if you want to be the first one on your block to own one that is your business.

\

There is considerable risk in investing in a new unproven product in an unproven company in an unproven new industry. On the other hand that is just the kind of situation which has the potential to create wealth for early adopters. Think Rearden Metal! Do your due diligence. If you ask me I will tell you more!

The price of the Ojo has come down from $799 to $399 and it is less expensive at 101phones.com and the price may go lower still as the holidays approach. The silver colored Ojo has a detachable cordless phone which helps for privacy but if you lift it up it deactivates the speaker phone. With the speaker phone the voice appears to come from the LCD screen and with the audio synchrony the picture is profoundly realistic and lifelike, even when the caller is thousands of miles away. The picture is clear with smooth motion and with no flutter or pixelization.

Another model has a black satin finish, with out the detachable cordless and is dedicated to video. The silver Ojo has a phone jack for regular audio calls, the Shadow Ojo does not. The SHadow costs $299 and is also less expensive at 101phones.com $259 and also likely to be lower soon.

There is a recurring monthly fee of just $14.95 for UNLIMITED VIDEO CALLS over broadband. You can even save a months fee by paying $164 annually. No per minute charge, flat monthly rate.

A little boy tried to pet a dog over the Ojo! A man is able to check on his father who is half the continent away in a nursing home. College bound young people are using the Ojo to keep in touch with friends and family. The LCD screen is held at eye level for face to face encounter.

I thought this might be an appropriate place to post this info because all I ask is that you check the links www.wgate.com and www.ojoworld.com and make up your own mind.

The least expensive source of the Ojo or the Shadow may be at thenerds.net and here is a link to it:

http://www.thenerds.net/index.php?page=sea...mp;x=32&y=4

galtgulch

Edited by galtgulch

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Michael,

I am glad I found an appropriate place to post my little heads up regarding the video telephone.

For anyone who might want to actually buy one, there exists a list of retailers on the www.wgate.com site under "buy" For those who prefer to see the Ojo in action before buying I know that Hammacher Schlemmer in Manhattan has one on display that is connected to the internet and Hammacher offers a Free lifetime guarantee although you pay a little more up front.

There are a number of sites online where the Ojos are available including amazon, wgate.com, ojoworld.com but the best price might be either 101phones.com or thenerds.net where I just found it for $222.41

The stock in WorldGate Comm is traded on Nasdaq as WGAT and closed yesterday at $1.22. The third quarter earnings report is due out in mid November and should be, is expected to be better than second quarter earnings which was just $186K.

I am not encouraging anyone here to take a chance on this stock. It is very high risk. Although the company has signed deals with a number of telecommuncation companies around the world, announcements of the deals do not specify any actual orders yet. The PRs are on www.wgate.com under News. Israel Telecomm, British Telecomm, Express Telecomm in Russia, Novatech in Japan, Mototech in Taiwan, ALta Vista in Central America, New Zealand Comm, Global Touch Comm (VOIPs) Aequus for hearing impaired.

One can save one months fee by paying $164 annually. If a mere one million were sold retail that would mean $164 M in recurring revenue, with only about 40M shares in the float that would mean $4 earnings per share, with a P/E of 20 that would mean an $80 stock price! But mind you if any Ojos are sold throught the cable or telcos the recurring revenue would go to them and not to WGAT.

Nothing ventured nothing gained. But never gamble, I mean invest more than you can afford to lose!

See RCS ad for Ojo in NYTimes 11/01/06 on page 3 of CIRCUITS Section

Less expensive at thenerds.com or 101phones.com and Hammacher Schlemmer offers FREE LIFETIME GUARANTEE

galt

Edited by galtgulch

• 4 weeks later...

Dear fellow Objectivists,

Just an update. The earnings release in November 2006 showed increase of over 400%! at just under 1M.

The Ojo was given away by Ellen Degeneres on her show. The Ojo also used prominently on NCIS although it still might have seemed to be a prop rather than an actual product on the market, which was the response to the 14.8M who first saw the Ojo on "24" when Chloe called Edgar on the Ojo to avoid Driscoll's attention. You can see that clip at ojoworld.com which is also a source of organized links for your Due Diligence.

There is a very "neat" user guide on Telecom New Zealand's site for the Ojo under home phones. Why would TNZ generate such a guide unless they intend to sell quite a few Ojos?

The third quarter earnings release and Conference Call are accessible at www.wgate.com under investors. Hal, the CEO, is very optimistic because of all the signed deals with communications companies and the enthusiasm of those companies CEOs.

SNAP/VRS offers free phone to the hearing impaired and they are in the process of testing the Ojo yielding rave testimonials from those who are using the Ojo in the field tests.

WGAT closed at $1.39 November 24th. On Red Herring website the Ojo is featured among the five products presented in anticipation of the Consumer Electronics SHow in Las Vegas. The Ojo still appears to be least expensive at www.thenerds.net at $222.41 for one Shadow Ojo.

In addition to the deals signed with British Telecomm (retail), Novatec in Japan, Mototech in Taiwan, Telecomm New Zealand, Express Telecomm in Russia, Alta Vista in Central America, Israel Comm, and GlobalTouch (VOIPs) Aequus for hearing impaired, additional deals are in various stages of negotiation and will be announced once they are finalized.

The Ojo will be seen in product placements on NCIS and other shows this season and there may be advertising in the print or tv media in selected markets. The Ojo may be found in certain COMPUSA stores.

Consider a purchase or a gift of the Ojo for loved ones who live at a distance whom you would want to be able to see often.

Nothing ventured nothing gained. But never gamble, I mean invest more than you can afford to lose!

Less expensive at thenerds.com or 101phones.com and Hammacher Schlemmer offers FREE LIFETIME GUARANTEE

galt

Edited by galtgulch

• 2 weeks later...

Rosie O'Donnell gave a pair of Ojos to her audience after the Ojo was demonstrated on the ABC show called The View seen by who knows how many viewers trudging on their home treadmills as they are treated to gadgets which might make their husbands happy this holiday season.

The Ojo is now on display in CompUSA stores in selected markets. TV ads have been seen in the Boston, LA and San Francisco areas by millions of viewers of prime time news.

The stock of WGAT, the creator of the Ojo, closed at $1.35 on Friday December 1st.

If you ever wondered what it must have been like to have known and invested in former blockbusters like Intel and Microsoft when they were trading in this bargain basement price range, this might prove to give you just such an opportunity.

The mission statement of WorldGate Communications from their prospectus reveals an intention to replace every telephone on the planet. They have sold about 10,000 so far so they have a long way to go. They make it clear that there is no guarantee that they will achieve their objective. Reality will show. Needless to say the company will be successful if they manage to sell to a small fraction of the whole phone market. Keep in mind that the monthly fee of $14.95 is considered reasonable for unlimited video calls and constitutes recurring revenue.

When I show the full color brochure of the Ojo and the Shadow Ojo to anyone they often say spontaneously, "In a few years everyone (in the world) will have one!" It is even more impressive to actually make a phone call using the Ojo and being able to see a loved one as if they were near enough to reach out and touch because the picture is profoundly realistic especially with the audio synchrony.

Of course there is no guarantee that the sales will be made, despite the enthusiasm of the CEOs of communications companies which have signed contracts to purchase Ojos and resell them to their customers. British Telecomm will offer the Ojo to customers in 66 countries. Express Comm will distribute Ojos in Russian cities; Novatec in Japan; Mototech in Taiwan and Asia; Telecomm New Zealand in Australia and NZ; Israel Comm; Turkey; Alta Vista in Panama, Costa Rica and Columbia; GlobalTouch to VOIP companies; Aequus SNAP/VRS to hearing impaired with more deals in various stages of negotiations.

Still it might be wise to just watch and wait until sales, revenue and earnings are assured. The next earnings release for the present quarter will occur in February 2007. You can listen to the Conference Call of the 3rd Q on www.wgate.com site under Investor Relations. and check out organized links at www.ojoworld.com.

Think Rearden Metal.

Updates to follow.

galtgulch

Edited by galtgulch

As if there were any doubt...here is further confirmation:

Payment Systems Enters into Agreement with WorldGate to Purchase Ojo™ Personal Video Phones

Monday December 4, 11:28 am ET

Russian Financial Services Company Places Initial Purchase Order for 4,000 Ojos

MOSCOW & TREVOSE, Pa.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--WorldGate Communications Inc., (NASDAQ:WGAT - News), a leading provider of personal video phones, today announced that it has entered into an agreement with Payment Systems, a financial services company located in Russia, providing for its purchase of WorldGate's Ojo™ personal video phones for distribution to its video phone service customers in Russia and a number of former Soviet Union countries. As part of this agreement, Payment Systems has purchased 4,000 Ojo video phones with their initial purchase order. The companies expect the rapid growth of broadband in Russia to help grow the Russian video phone market rapidly. The initial order is expected to be shipped by the end of December 2006.

This latest deal for the Russian market continues the introduction of Ojo into Russia. The development of the broadband infrastructure in Russia makes it a very attractive market for Ojo.

"We are pleased with the interest in Ojo from a variety of customers in the Russian market," said Hal Krisbergh, Chairman and CEO at WorldGate. "We believe that the Russian market is very well positioned to adopt Ojo as one of the new ways to communicate. The progressive nature of the Russian market and economy seem well-suited to be one of our most successful endeavors"

Ojo is a unique development in personal video phone technology with unusually high quality video performance due to enhancements to common software standards. Ojo is flexible and has been designed to easily integrate with and operate as part of a variety of service provider platforms. Ojo is also receiving rave reviews of its performance with 87% of Ojo consumers reporting that Ojo meets or exceeds their expectations. Numerous reports of how Ojo has positively impacted families' and friends' ability to interact more meaningfully continue to show that the addition of video adds to the personal communications experience.

More information on WorldGate and Ojo personal video phones can be accessed at www.WGATE.com.>>>

As you know Ojo may be seen at www.wgate.com and purchased there at $100 off MSRP

But www.thenerds.net offers the Ojo at $297 and the Shadow Ojo at $222.41

You register your Ojo with www.ojoservices.com using your own phone number and can pay either $14.95 per month for UNLIMITED VIDEO TELEPHONE CALLS at any time anywhere in the world over broadband cable or DSL. You can save one month's fee by paying annually $164.

HOLIDAY SPECIAL NEW FEE OF JUST $9.95 MONTHLY GOOD THROUGH END OF 2007! Must purchase an Ojo or Shadow Ojo and register it at www.ojoservices.com before end of January 2007

If you have any questions explore www.wgate.com or www.ojoworld.com

galtgulch

Edited by galtgulch

• 2 weeks later...

Today I gave away one of my brochures... (of the Ojo video telephone) 18-Dec-06 to a young man who started to work at the company where I work. I learned when he was introduced to all of us at a meeting that he is a new father. I happened to be sitting next to him and showed him the brochure last week. He kept whispering, "Wow,...wow...wow!" as he unfolded the brochure.

He told me then that he has a little girl who is four weeks of age. I ran into him again today as we left work and showed him the brochure again. He was delighted and we had more of a chance to talk outside. He said he thought this (Ojo) looked like a wonderful gift to a grandparent for the holidays. He asked how much it costs and I told him the price had come down from $800 and it now depends on where you buy it. I mentioned the monthly fee and how that has come down too and is just $9.95 if you buy the Ojo or the Shadow Ojo before the end of January.

I suggested he take the brochure home to show his wife and that he can keep it. He thanked me and said, "You must own stock in this company!" and we both laughed.

Can you begin to imagine the joy this little girl's grandparents will experience when they are able to call and see her virtually every day as she grows up over the next many years. Imagine how they will have a relationship with their granddaughter they would not have had otherwise if they live at a distance.

I love being aware of the Ojo and being in a position to enlighten people whose lives will be enhanced because of it.

As you know Ojo may be seen at www.wgate.com and purchased there at $100 off MSRP

You register your Ojo with www.ojoservices.com using your own phone number and can pay either $14.95 per month for UNLIMITED VIDEO TELEPHONE CALLS at any time anywhere in the world over broadband cable or DSL. You can save one month's fee by paying annually $164.

HOLIDAY SPECIAL NEW FEE OF JUST $9.95 MONTHLY GOOD THROUGH END OF 2007! Must purchase an Ojo or Shadow Ojo and register it at www.ojoservices.com before end of January 2007

If you have any questions explore www.wgate.com and www.ojoworld.com

Here is a link to thenerds.net: http://www.thenerds.net/index.php?page=

They even guarantee delivery by Dec 22nd if you order up to Dec 21st.

galtgulch

Edited by galtgulch

Update Dec 22, 2007

Yesterday, in response to an article on business wire that WorldGate will demonstrate its new traveling Ojo at the Consumer Electronics Show in Jan 8-11 in Las Vegas, the volume rose to 1,408,998 shares traded and the stock rose from $1.30 to close at $1.39 after hitting a high of $1.58 for the day.

Average volume is about 250K

The description of the traveling Ojo is only that it is thin and concise and has the same video and audio features and quality as the Ojo and the Shadow Ojo. Assumption is that it still needs to be connected to broadband cable to operate and is not a cellphone.

You register your Ojo with www.ojoservices.com using your own phone number and usually pay either $14.95 per month for UNLIMITED VIDEO TELEPHONE CALLS at any time anywhere in the world over broadband cable or DSL. You can save one month's fee by paying annually $164.

Hammacher Schlemmer in Manhattan on 57st has internet display for actual video phone calls and offers free lifetime guarantee.

If you have any questions explore www.wgate.com and www.ojoworld.com

Here is a link to thenerds.net: http://www.thenerds.net/index.php?page=

They even guarantee delivery by Dec 22nd if you order up to Dec 21st.

galtgulch

• 3 weeks later...

Update Jan 08, 2007

Today is the first day of the Consumer Electronic Show in Las Vegas where the new Travel Ojo is having its debut. Here is a link to see the Travel Ojo although it is not yet in production:

http://techdigest.tv/2007/01/ces_2007_travel.html

You register your Ojo with www.ojoservices.com using your own phone number and usually pay either $14.95 per month for UNLIMITED VIDEO TELEPHONE CALLS at any time anywhere in the world over broadband cable or DSL. You can save one month's fee by paying annually $164.

Hammacher Schlemmer in Manhattan on 57st did not have usual internet display for actual video phone calls but does offer free lifetime guarantee.

If you have any questions explore www.wgate.com and www.ojoworld.com or www.ojophone.com

galtgulch

Update January 9th Here is a link to the Ojo exhibit pavilion at the CES in Las Vegas which includes pictures of the Ojo, the travel Ojo and a newly designed Ojo.

http://homepage.mac.com/planetpm/PhotoAlbum9.html

HOLIDAY SPECIAL NEW MonthlyFEE OF JUST $9.95 MONTHLY GOOD THROUGH END OF 2007! Must purchase an Ojo or Shadow Ojo and register it at www.ojoservices.com before end of January 2007

In case you are wondering whether video telephony is the next wave of the future, notice that Apple has come out with a new does everything phone which will only help to establish video telephony as a viable new industry. WorldGate Comm Nasdaq wgat is right in the middle of this with a residential video telephone in silver or black, and the new travel Ojo which is WiFi enabled.

The wgat stock went up to close at $1.41 on volume of over 390K usual volume is 290K. The stage is set.

If you have any questions explore www.wgate.com and www.ojoworld.com or www.ojophone.com

galtgulch

• 3 weeks later...

Update: WGAT stock closed at $1.26 on Jan 26th as the pps dwindles on no news. We await the fourth quarter 06 report of revenue which company is obliged to release within 75 days of end of quarter. Usually companies have 45 days to release quarterly results but this is also end of year so annual report is due as well consequently they have more time to submit under SEC rules.

I spoke with investor relations at WorldGate Comm and was told that the discounted monthly service fee might be extended for another quarter! Not chiseled in granite yet but should be announced at the Conference Call which accompanies quarterly releases before the middle of March. Of course we should know early in February if discount continues at $9.95 rather than going back up to $14.95 for UNLIMITED VIDEO TELEPHONE CALLS over broadband cable or DSL at any time.

If revenue is indeed up and there is news of new deals among negotiations with other potential partners then perhaps the trend in the pps will change to upward direction. Wall Street cannot ignore growth in revenue if it persists for several quarters. I would not bet the farm here until such growth reaches profitability and is sustained. The upside potential here is incredible and awareness of this product is met with enthusiam. The general consensus is that if a few years "Everyone will have one!" We don't need everyone to have one for this to be successful.

Most appeal is for grandparents to be able to literally see and "visit" with their grandchildren as they grow up. Those who live at a distance or have grandchildren in several states or cannot travel will be able to maintain a relationship with loved ones by calling and keeping in touch for a low flat monthly fee. I suspect that young couples who are tech savvy and have new babies or young toddlers or children will be motivated to buy an Ojo for themselves and their parents so their parents can get to see their grandchildren much more often than they would be able to otherwise. Little kids love the Ojo and when something happens in their lives like a new tooth or toy or something they drew they are eager to call grandma to show her.

No comparison with PC based alternatives. The Ojo can be used in any room in the house or out by the pool, or on the deck or porch, by attaching an ethernet cable from the modem to a wall outlet. It works!

galtgulch

Edited by galtgulch

• 3 weeks later...

Objectivists who live in Northeastern Ohio or in the vicinity of Salem, NH will have the opportunity to see the Ojo at upcoming Home Shows in Akron OH and at the Rockingham Park Race Track Exhibition Center in Salem NH next weekend at Home Shows in those cities.

Dr. Gadget will be in the one in Akron and the Ojo is one of the products he will feature. Here is a link to an article in an Akron newspaper about Dr Gadget: http://www.ohio.com/mld/ohio/living/home...

Yours truly plans to help another shareholder who is taking out a booth at the Rockingham site in Salem NH next Friday Saturday and Sunday, February next to last weekend*. Rick has obtained an Ojo video phone and a Shadow Ojo videophone which will be connected to each other so you can see an actual call. Unfortunately Rockingham does not have an internet connection. If there is a WiFi site nearby we may be able to have a wireless call over the internet. Still you will be able to experience the wonder of a profoundly realistic picture with audio synchrony using the Ojo to Ojo hookup.

I will not be able to be there until Sunday but Rick expects to be there every hour it is open, usually 10 AM to 5 or 6 PM. He will be able to take orders for the Ojo and the Shadow Ojo which will have a discount off the MSRP and the monthly fee discount has been extended though June 30 and good for the rest of 2007 for just $9.95 for UNLIMITED VIDEO CALLS at all times worldwide over your broadband cable or DSL high speed internet connection.

If you have a loved one who lives at a distance, especially grandchildren with whom you want to have a relationship daily instead of just one or two visits each year, the Ojo is the thing to work that miracle!

galtgulch

Edited by galtgulch

************WGATNEWS************* (4 Ratings) 22-Feb-07 08:38 am

Ojo Video Phone Capabilities Expanded to Interoperate with Other Video Phones and PC Soft Clients

2/22/2007 8:30:04 AM

H.263 Video Codec Added to Ojo

TREVOSE, Pa., Feb 22, 2007 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- WorldGate Communications, Inc., ( WGAT ), a leading provider of personal video phones, today announced that it is capable of interoperating with various video phones and soft clients using previous generation communications protocols and video and audio codecs. Specifically, Ojo, will now be able to communicate with video phones using H.263 and G729 video and audio codecs and will be able to utilize the H.323 communications protocol. This added functionality also provides the ability for video phone calls to be made between an Ojo and PC's with web cam capabilities.

"We are confident that this interoperability will not only further the advancement of the video phone market, but also, Ojo's market penetration and leadership position within that market," said Hal Krisbergh, Chairman and CEO, WorldGate, "For WorldGate our highest priorities include getting video phones into as many homes as possible, and ensuring that the video phone of choice is an Ojo by providing consumers with the highest quality and competitively priced video telephony offering available."

Through its implementation of the latest SIP communications protocol, as well as the H.264 video codec and iLBC audio codec, Ojo was able to demonstrate significantly improved levels of performance in video telephony. Previous generation video phones, however, typically used the H.323 communications protocol, the H.263 video codec, and the G729 audio codec, and were not capable of interoperability with the more advanced technologies used by Ojo.

Adding the ability for Ojo to make phone calls to these other video phones as well as the growing base of PC web cams further expands Ojo's attractiveness as a video phone capable of communicating with a wide array of broadband devices on the market today. The superior Ojo quality will still be available in video calls from Ojo to Ojo.

This capability will be available to service providers that deploy Ojo as part of their overall service offerings. SNAP VRS, a subsidiary of Aequus technologies, will be the first company to implement the interoperability capability of the Ojo in March. This enables hearing impaired customers to use their existing video phones to call the SNAP VRS and allows rapid deployment of the Ojo videophone to this market. For the first time, Ojo customers will be able to directly call hearing impaired customers who use other video phones.

More information on WorldGate and Ojo personal video phones can be accessed at www.WGATE.com.

WGAT closed today at $1.20 up $0.05 on volume of over 200K shares. Considered to be great news!

The following post by a shareholder of WGAT appeared today on the Yahoo Message Board. There are many such stories. It speaks for itself. It is the reason that I remain optimistic about the future of video telephony. I am sure that WorldGate Comm and the Ojo will have a substantial share of that market worldwide.

>>>" I "Galted" someone today (3 Ratings) 22-Feb-07 07:28 pm

The guy was here to sell me a new furnace as the one in this house was installed in 1949. He has a daughter in Australia working for Microsoft, he's in Cincy, and his folks are in Ft. Wayne Indiana. We were discussing the fact that I used to work for Cincinnati Bell and he mentioned his daughter in Australia and how Microsoft gave them webcams and that they sucked. Ding, the light went off and I mentioned the Ojo. Then showed him the web site, he was astounded and said he was going to look at buying 3 and pay for a year in advance for the folks, himself and wife, and his daughter. "<<<

As you can see the neologism "galted" refers to passing the torch to enlighten people about the Ojo.

galt

There is a website where the Black Shadow Ojo was evidently overpriced and now they are offering the Shadow for 50% off, $199, while supplies last.

www.frontgate.com then search for keyword : ojo

Frontgate had been offering both the Ojo, which has two more features, a phone jack to accept regular audio phone calls and a detachable cell phone, than the Shadow Ojo, for the same price:$399.

At the WorldGate website, www.wgate.com, the MSRP of the Ojo is $399 and the Shadow Ojo is $299

Even www.thenerds.net offers the Shadow for $223.41

I just got off the phone with Frontgate. The lady told me the special is good this week only and that at the moment they still have 18 left for $199. The regular price was $249 recently.

She said the Ojo was very popular during Christmas in their stores. The Shadow Ojo product number is 11958

and the phone number is 1-888-263-9850

Galt

Edited by galtgulch

Well the 18 Shadow Ojos sold out at Frontgate. I hope one or more of you took advantage of the chance to own the best video telephone on the market at a bargain price.

Now the stock pps has worked its way down to a bargain level as well thanks to the general market decline. You can own the stock in the creator of the Ojo for just $1.05 or so. Remember that the long awaited fourth quarter earnings or revenue report will be out within the next two weeks to meet SEC requirement. If it is as good as expected this stock could take off. It is a risk but the upside is substantial. There are a dozen deals anyone of which could make the company profitable.

The latest deal is with SNAP which provides the Ojo free to hearing impaired people. Who would refuse to have one Ojo at no cost?! SNAP will be reimbursed by... wait for it... the government, your tax dollars at work.

SO WorldGate will get a huge order and will be paid as well. NASDAQ WGAT

DISCLAIMER Yes I do own shares of stock in WGAT so I do have an interest in its success. Do your own Due Diligence and do not risk more than you can afford to lose.

Galt

Well as you know the stock market has been experiencing a sell off and WorldGate Comm is down to $0.95 at this very moment. Whether this proves to be the buying opportunity of a lifetime or just the beginning of the end for an undercapitalized company with a great product that was priced too high for the general public remains to be seen.

As I mentioned a couple of days ago the Fourth Quarter Revenue report will be released within the next couple of weeks and should have a profound effect on the trend.

This company has relatively few shares in its "float" about 40M which makes it a lightly traded stock which deters institutions from holding it because the trading is too thin. Perhaps if sales pick up as a result of the efforts of the various communication's companies which have signed deals after becoming enamoured with the Ojo the outlook will be more positive and more shares will be added to raise more cash to use to market and distribute the product.

In the meantime this is a highly speculative venture for the likes of a Hank Reardon and a Dagny Taggart who have independent judgment. That probably isn't a fair statement for which I apologize.

NASDAQ WGAT

DISCLAIMER Yes I do own shares of stock in WGAT so I do have an interest in its success. Do your own Due Diligence and do not risk more than you can afford to lose.

Galt

If anyone wants to see the Ojo in action and lives in the area will find a mall cart with an Ojo to Ojo display at the Pheasant Lane Mall just off route 3 in New Hampshire today and this weekend near the food court. THe dates are March 9, 10 and 11.

Those interested in WGAT as an investment might want to check early next week www.wgate.com because there should be an announcement of the Fourth Quarter Revenue release and Conference Call posted on the website. IT isn't there yet but the release is due by the middle of next week March 13 according to SEC rules.

NASDAQ WGAT

Galt

WGAT was up 10% today on a day that the Dow and the Nasdaq were down substantially. WGAT closed at $0.95 a share. Might turn out to be a good entry point price if earnings or revenue is up.

Those interested in WGAT as an investment might want to check www.wgate.com because there should be an announcement of the Fourth Quarter Revenue release and Conference Call posted on the website. It isn't there yet but the release is due by middle of March according to SEC rules. I may be mistaken about the amount of time the SEC gives companies to report when the quarter coincides with the annual report of revenue. It is either 75 or 90 days but I believe it is the 75 day limit which would be any day now.

NASDAQ WGAT

DISCLAIMER Yes I do own shares of stock in WGAT so I do have an interest in its success. Do your own Due Diligence and do not risk more than you can afford to lose. The least expensive place to purchase the Shadow Ojo is at www.thenerds.net or perhaps www.101phones.com. The Shadow Ojo is dedicated to the video calls and is less expensive than the original Ojo which also has a phone jack to receive regular audio calls and also has a detachable cordless for additional privacy.

The monthly service charge is just $9.95 for unlimited video calls over broadband cable or DSL worldwide at any time. Yes a flat monthly rate of less than ten dollars if you register your Ojo with www.ojoservices.com before the end of June 2007.

Galt,

Edited by galtgulch

Below is a copy of an Email I received from SNAP/VRS which serves the deaf and hearing impaired community. SNAP has been field testing the Ojo with rave reviews and testimonials within the hearing impaired realm. SNAP is about to offer a free (subsidized) Ojo to any hearing impaired or deaf person and will pay the service charge as well.

The Ojo has recently been made "interoperable" with existing video phones and SNAP is testing that out on their system. In the email, which must have been sent to millions of hearing impaired folks, you will see the reference to the fact that SNAP will give a free Ojo to any hearing impaired person who requests it to then use with the VRS service.

I have read some of the testimonials and they are very positive. A low ball estimate of the number who will actually request an Ojo is in the tens of thousands range. It could be the catalyst which would catapult WGAT into profitability.

>>>"Dear xxx,

Check us out and see for yourself what our Deaf testers have been talking about recently. We hired some of the best interpreters so you can enjoy a high quality service starting now.

Just dial call.snapvrs.com.

Place a VRS call anytime 24x7 on your video phone while you wait for your Ojo. Whether you need to speak with a doctor, use VRS at work, or talk to your friends, we’re ready to take your VRS call today!

Need help?

Click here to learn how to add Snap!VRS to your speed dial and place a call. If you have any problems then contact technical support at support@snapvrs.com or send an instant message to SnapHelp on AIM, MSN, or GoogleTalk.

Hearing Callers

Your hearing friends and family members can call you through Snap!VRS on a standard telephone by dialing 1-877-711-SNAP anytime day or night. So pass this along to them!

- The Snap!VRS Team

P.S. Remember - you can call Snap!VRS today by dialing call.snapvrs.com on your video phone starting today!"<<<

The 4Q revenue was up about 200K over 3Q, 1.1M over 920K. So revenue had grown but expenses also were up to 17M for the year 2006 although loss per share narrowed.

The Conference Call occurred yesterday and will be available on the company website for about one week including a Q & A. Hal, the CEO remains optimistic, anticipating the long awaited "big deal" with SNAP whose launch may materialize shortly after interoperability testing is done. The British Telecom deal is also in the works now that they have created a certain platform to support video telephony and other features.

In the meantime the market was not impressed and the pps dropped 16% to end the day at $0.76 a share on March 16, 2007.

Hal also announced that they have engaged a company to create an "informercial" for the Ojo. No date was given but expectation was within the next month or two.

Hal also announced that the Ojo has been accepted by a major national shopping network and that also should happen within "weeks not months."

To buy the stock at this point would be considered by some to be "catching a falling knife!" as a glance at the pps history over the last two years will show.

If the long awaited deals do materialize shortly and lead to substantial sales internationally, BT has indicated an intention to offer the Ojo in 66 countries, the company would become hugely profitable, the stock price will skyrocket, and the current stock price will, in retrospect, appear to be the buying opportunity of a lifetime.

Incidentally, a Venezuelian businessman, who is clearly a multimillionaire has increased his holding in WORLDGATE from 5% a few months ago to over 9% with persistent gradual purchases bringing his total up to close to 4M shares just reported to the SEC on a 13D filing available at the www.wgate.com website under other SEC documents under investor relations.

Here is a link to the 4Q report:

http://finance.dailyherald.com/dailyherald...p;Page=NewsRead

Oh, in addition I spoke with Joel Boyarski, the CFO, and he naturally remains quite optimistic given all the "activity" including ongoing negotiations with cable and telcos and large retailers with over 1000 stores as well as the upcoming infomercials and the shopping network deal.

One has to have the emotional fortitude to endure paper losses and seeing the Ojo in action does wonders for one's confidence in this company and its future.

galt

Edited by galtgulch

WGAT up to $0.85 today from oversold position.

Ojo video telephone might be offered on Home Shopping Network during their Electronics show on Sunday March 25 at various times during the day. Expectation is that sales will be impressive. HSN does their research and would not have an item for sale unless they were certain that it would be a big seller. This could amount to quite a boost for the Ojo as HSN has a huge following and knows how to market a product. According to reliable info HSN only has about 72 sets of the Shadow Ojo to sell. Depending on the nature of the response further sales will follow.

It turned out that the rumor that HSN would offer the Ojo did not yet materialize. C'est la vie!

Stock WGAT closed today at 88 cents a share.

galt

Edited by galtgulch

Ojo video telephone might be offered on Home Shopping Network on Sunday March 25 although it is not clear whether the Ojo will be sold on their Electronics show or their Digital Home show both of which occur at various times during the day. Those of us who are familiar with the Ojo are eager to hear the HSN sales person to see if he or she has their facts straight based on their research.

This could amount to quite a boost for the Ojo as HSN has a huge following and knows how to market a product.

Here is the link to the program guide for Sunday at HSN:

http://www.hsn.com/cnt/program_guide/defau...date=03/25/2007

Notice that they divide it into morning and afternoon/evening pages. I wish we knew just which segment will feature the Ojo. Eager to see how it sells. One wonders who the market is and how representative the HSN shoppers are of the market in general. Nevertheless this will be considered to be a moment of truth regarding market acceptance of the Ojo video telephone.

Keep in mind that this stock once spiked up to $6.89 long before the Ojo was even on the market! If sales are brisk, and anyone is paying attention at all, the pps may go up on Monday. If not, we will see.

The rumor that the Ojo would be sold on HSN has yet to become a reality. It was not sold on HSN as rumored on March 25.

galt

Edited by galtgulch

Since I am the only one who has posted on this thread i have no idea what is going on in the minds of the 586 viewers although i am responsible for quite a few of those views myself.

Well the ojo did not show up on HSN on March 25 at all. Probably was not ever going to be there but someone claimed that they had spoken to an HSN employee in customer service who confirmed that the Ojo would be there.

Actually others surmise that it would be better for sales if the Ojo is not offered on HSN until after the "infomercial" is aired for awhile. At the recent CC the CEO announced that they had contracted with a company to create an "infomercial" for the Ojo.

Presumably the infomercial is in the works at this time and may be a rush job to be done expeditiously and aired within the next couple of months but we are only speculating about the time frame. Just know there is some urgency to get this show on the road.

Hopefully once the informercial is aired for awhile HSN will offer it to a viewership which knows about and desires the Ojo. Such sales, if they do indeed materialize, are the kind we want because they will be retail or etail meaning subject to the recurring revenue stream to ojoservices each month.

Ten dollars a month to activate the Ojo with the unlimited video telephone calls over broadband or DSL is a bargain for anyone who presently runs up a huge long distance phone bill or overseas phone bill. The numbers are enormous of people who call relatives overseas alone.

Of course there are free internet webcam and Skype options but their quality does not begin to compare to the Ojo to Ojo real time pictures with smooth motion, high resolution and audio synchrony.

While we are waiting and waiting the next big thing will likely be an order from Aequus/SNAP/VRS which is currently beta testing the Ojo for interoperability using hearing impaired and deaf customers in the testing. The testimonials from those who are using the Ojo in this beta testing are quite positive. Most are very pleased with the Ojo in all respects.

Of course an order will not likely to be revealed although that remains to be seen. This company is so tiny that it may be using a strategy of trying to remain under the radar so as not to awaken potential competitors to the reality of actual demand by the market for a videophone until it has carved out a position for itself in that worldwide market.

We may not learn about an actual order from SNAP or any of the other existing "signed deals" until revenue has to be reported in a subsequent qurarterly report which would be an earnings or revenue surprise. That would cause the stock price per share pps to move up. In the meantime the pps languishes and is taking a beating.

Revenue in 2006 moved up from 2Q of 186K, 3Q of 920K to 4Q of 1.2M.

So revenue based on sales of the Ojo and the Shadow Ojo are growing although expenses still exceed revenue by a substantial amount.

Keep in mind that with the recurring revenue of $10 per month would mean $120M per year if and when 1M Ojos are activated. That would mean about $3 earnings per share given the present roughly 40M shares in the float. With a price earnings ration of 10 that would mean a $30 dollar stock.

SNAP has a mailing list of hearing impaired which ranges from several hundred thousand to a few million. At some point SNAP will email them with an offer of a free Ojo and free service. That could lead to a substantial order to WGAT.

WGAT would be paid because SNAP has several million dollars available for such a program which came from a government program to provide video telephones to deaf and hearing impaired folks. Your tax dollars at work.

British Telecomm also signed a deal with WGAT to offer the Ojo in 66 countries. We wait for that to materialize. The BT announcement raved about the Ojo.

Similar deals were signed with raves by CEOs of communications companies in Russia, Turkey, Israel, Taiwan, New Zealand, Columbia, Panama, Costa Rica. We wait for orders from them too.

One might wait until one or more orders do materialize before investing here. That would entail less risk but naturally once that first deal does happen the stock pps will become a bit higher and the entry point will be more costly.

One would be well advised to read the prospectus of WGAT which is accessible on the www.wgate.com site under Investor Relations then SEC documents to discover the risks of which there are many before investing.

I am not encouraging anyone to invest here in WGAT, just to be aware of the Ojo which might be of value to anyone who has a friend or loved one who lives at a distance. It can also be of value in a number of businesses.

galt

Edited by galtgulch

I received an email from SNAP today which said they are almost ready to ship Ojos to those on their list. They asked for an update to make sure addresses are correct and some other info.

It sounds like they are done with the interoperability testing. Any order os substance will cause a move in the pps and it is likely to happen in the next few weeks.

That will be followed by the HSN sale of the Ojo and the showing of the infomercial which is likely to enlighten insomniacs to the existence of the Ojo.

The future is very promising. A real test of judgment of value and reason to believe the Ojo will fulfill a hitherto unfulfilled need.

galt