What's up with Kanye?

First, I don't take mental illness lightly and I hope that if Kanye is having symptoms of mental illness that he gets the help he needs.

Kanye has been making headlines recently, and one of his latest claims is that Quentin Tarantino and Jamie Foxx ripped off the idea for the movie Django Unchained from a pitch that Kanye did for a music video.  A couple of objective facts:  1) Django was a move in 1966 and is the primary influence for Quentin's movie, 2) Will Smith was originally set to play Django in the movie, not Jamie Foxx, but Smith left after he read the script and didn't like his character's arch.  Smith left the movie and Foxx stepped in, well after the script was completed.  So did Kanye pitch a music video idea? I don't doubt that he did, but the movie Django Unchained was not based on his idea.

Kanye has bi-polar disorder and the following article lists several incidents that Kanye has had in the public eye over the years, some of which may or may not be attributed to his mental illness: 

kanye-west-2-copy.jpg?quality=75&strip=a
NYPOST.COM

How did the 21-time Grammy winner get here? Here's a look into the disorder and its effect on West over the years.

It's important to note that in the article it references Harvard Medical School saying that “false beliefs or false perceptions” can also be a sign of bipolarism.  The article goes on to say that Kanye talks about his bi-polar medication in a 2022 documentary about him entitled "jeen-yuhs: A Kanye Trilogy". 

Mental illness runs in my family so when I see Kanye's actions potentially being in-part caused by his mental illness, I feel empathetic for him.  I'm hearing some left-leaning folks bashing him for his actions recently, but my hope is that people can have empathy for him because what we might be witnessing is someone in need of help.

• Upvote 1

Korben,

I think that Kanye West or Ye or whatever he wants to call himself is a master marketer and entertainer. And he has a wicked sense of how to put his finger right in the middle of culture sores, press hard and make the power people yelp.

Have you noticed that in all his bi-polar episodes, he makes gobs of money?

:)

btw - I haven't followed him all that much. I don't take him seriously enough to follow his antics, nor am I concerned about his mental health. But I do know several bi-polar people. I even lived with one and the scar on my forehead is a reminder every time I look in the mirror. Not one of these people I know makes a success out of their episodes. But they got (and get) dangerous at times. Has Ye ever had any bouts of public violence or serious risks of suicide? I don't recall any.

But I do recall a lot of reality TV kind of stuff and I also recall all kinds of public spats and controversies where he acts odd and people call him crazy as he heads for the bank.

Anyway, I suspect the left will get on a bipolar kick about him because of his change in politics. They have to explain that shift somehow to their base, many of which are Ye fans. And it can't be because he thinks things through or honestly believes in what he now believes. It has to be because he is mentally ill, right?

As to him imagining himself as a god of sorts, I can give you a list a mile long of celebrities who think that about themselves.

Hell, the World Economic Forum itself is full of people like that and many of them are not even celebrities.

Here is a quote from the first article you linked (my bold):

Ye has reached a new level of controversy in recent weeks after posting antisemitic statements on social media, resulting in his account being restricted on both Twitter and Instagram. The tirade was met with fierce criticism from numerous Jewish organizations.

When given the opportunity to address criticism of his recent actions on “Piers Morgan Uncensored,” Ye said, “I just want to give every Jewish person a big hug. Also, I’m envious of the Jewish people. I’m envious of how they don’t abort their children, I’m envious of how they don’t shoot each other in the streets and then rap about it.”

In the same interview, he also stated that if he had worded his social media posts in a more sensitive way, “then we wouldn’t be here right now,” referring to the live television interview he had secured.

That sounds a lot more like right to me than doing armchair diagnoses about Ye's mental health. 

Michael

Here's an idea.

Let Ye come out and say he didn't know what the hell he was thinking about all that Christianity stuff, that he stands with Ukraine, that transgenders are the big victims in society, go get your jab if you want to be a good person, that Candace Owens is a vicious slut, that Trump is evil, etc., etc., etc., and you know what the spin in the press will be?

That Kanye West is finally cured.

Michael

• Smile 1

Despite the thumbnail, the following video is not the interview. It's a rapper named An0maly giving parts of the interview and commenting on them.

An0maly is also a famous rapper, but he manages to piss off a lot of people because he doesn't blindly adhere to any one group. He embraces Trump and that pisses off the anti-Trump people, then he bashes Trump and that pisses off Trump supporters.

He is on a roll recently for defending Ye, and defending him hard, so hard that he's getting canceled by the big tech goons, but, if you watch the video, you will see he doesn't agree with Ye on a few things.

You won't see a lot of views on Rumble yet, but that's only because of the millions of views canceled elsewhere. At least, I am sure his video will not be removed on Rumble.

In my world, An0maly's take is very similar to mine.

And, also in my world, he's pretty damn close to the perfect libertarian in practice.

No victimhood. Zero.

Fmxlg.qR4e-small-Piers-Morgan-vs.-Kanye-
RUMBLE.COM

Piers Morgan vs. Kanye West (Ye) FULL INTERVIEW REACTION! Blacklist Begins… Ways to support! Patreon: Patreon.com/RareTalk Merch: DreamRare.com Donorbox: Donorbox.org/An0maly

Enjoy.

btw - Look at the clips of Ye and tell me this is a man with mental health issues...

Yeah, right...

I am going to try to find videos of Ye's interviews and, instead of reading about someone's views of Ye, watch what he says with his own mouth. Then analyze it with your own brain.

Man, what a concept!

Michael

Here's the full interview.

Now you don't have to filter it through the words of this or that person.

I haven't heard all of it yet, but I will.

hP0hg.qR4e-small-Kanye-West-aka-YE-FULL-
RUMBLE.COM

Multi-billionaire and multi-platinum artist Ye, formerly known as Kanye West, joins Piers Morgan Uncensored for a world-exclusive interview coming out this Friday. In this teaser, Piers Morgan questio

If you want a mind-fuck about the media, meaning check it with your own observation, watch this video, then read some of the recent mainstream stories about Ye where they talk about this interview. Then notice how disconnected the media is from what Ye actually says.

And if you listen closer, like I do :) , notice how Ye is talking about coming after ALL of the crony capitalists in his fields by busting open the contracts and realities for public scrutiny. He wants to expose the hypocrisy and, ultimately, get his own hands on that money since he is the one creating what they sell.

He is on the side of the creators.

He just throws out buzzwords like Jew for the publicity. And the fake news media gobbles it up in outrage.

My prediction.

In the end, Ye wins.

Michael

Here we go with Ye's most recent interview (yesterday)--one with Lex Fridman.

Whew!

That's enough Ye for today.

I haven't watched this yet, either, but I will.

Watch it for yourself and see if Ye looks like a person with mental health issues.

I don't see it, at least not yet.

I do see a big honking pop star and stellar businessman, though.

Michael

I just saw the interview with Lex Fridman. I haven't seen the one with Piers Morgan yet.

I am now a fan of Ye as an intellectual.

Seriously.

I don't care much for his music or even fashion (the part I am familiar with), but I see that gobs of people are. So he's doing something right on that wavelength. But as an intellectual, I am 100% right there with him.

If he is mentally ill, I want to be mentally ill in that way myself.

For those who don't want to see the video, Ye talked about his bipolar diagnosis. He said a couple of years ago, he suffered from exhaustion from pushing himself too hard in his work and not sleeping over a long period. A doctor examined him at the time, diagnosed him as bipolar and gave him some pills, then someone leaked it out to the press and suddenly he became bipolar.

He said he has not taken meds for two years and pointed out he was doing just fine in the interview. Like I said, I know bipolar people for real. A man who can do the interview he just did is not mentally ill in the least. No one bipolar I know could have done a two and a half hour meds-less interview without swinging hard to the bad side at some point.

There actually was one point in the interview where Ye shocked Lex Fridman, but I don't think this was an example of being bipolar. Ye began to feel Lex was trying to manipulate him about the Jewish thing and he told Lex he doesn't trust him. That hurt Lex's feelings. 

I see what he was doing, though. He was talking about Jewish media in the same way Rand talked about altruism. He doesn't care whether there are Jewish people anywhere, just like Rand didn't care if you were kind and helpful to strangers. But he is against this being used as a weapon to silence others. That's was Rand's biggest contribution to the concept of altruism for me. She showed how it was being used as a weapon. I don't see her ever trying to claim that empathy or responding to distress signals are bad things or evil. People demanding that you have to take others into account before yourself in order to get you to obey them was her main beef.

Just like Ye. His beef is that he is not allowed to say Jewish media when almost all of his showbiz lawyers have been and are Jewish people--and that he has been screwed out of a lot of money just like a lot of pop artists have. He was identifying, not judging. Lex didn't want to hear it and tried to guilt him by harping up the pain that term makes others feel.

That constant brush-off of the problem is what made Ye get testy. Ye asked what about the problem of artists getting screwed. He said the same people who try to silence him with this Jewish media term are the same who condone him being screwed. They won't say they condone it, but they don't do anything about it and they shut down the conversation or change the subject every time it comes up. And he's also pissed about the 20 million black abortions--he uses that to balance the 6 million Jews killed in the holocaust.

After the dustup with Lex, Ye said he wants to solve the problem for artists of all types with lawyers of all types, not just Jewish or black ones. He wants for people like Adele and Taylor Swift to bring out their contracts for public scrutiny, as he will, and push others in rap and other fields to do. Then he wants them to be compared, to bring light to the conditions.

As I have worked in this field, I know exactly what he is talking about. And this is an interesting solution to the problem of being screwed. But you know when that will happen? When artists let the public look at their contracts, much less the industry people? When hell freezes over, that's when. :) But it was great to think about it from this perspective. 

He also said many other things that are great to think about. For example, how the entertainment field is making "his people" sick (and I am sure he extends this to non-blacks as well). He mentioned a string of things, like celebration of the gangster culture and even included fast food that makes people obese.

His favorite approach was from the perspective of an engineer. That was great to think about, too, especially seeing how Rand loved that perspective.

Regardless of what you may think about these things, if you are interested in persuasion, this is how you move the Overton Window in the culture. You publicly stick your finger in a culture sore and you push hard as you mention the problem you want addressed. And you don't let up, and you do what you need to in order to keep it in public. (For example, Ye apologized to Rex at the end for making him feel bad.)

This process is used for good and bad.

The people who know how to do this do it on purpose. 

Ye does.

Rand did, too, in her own way.

Anywho, see the video. I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

Michael

Just to be sure, not all Jewish people see Ye's comments in the same light I do.

For example, here's the Barstool Sports guy, Dave Portnoy.

He should tell us how he really feels.

Still, I wonder if he would get irritated if anyone said his tweet could be seen as antigay.

They would miss the point, right?

Hmmmmm...

Michael

I am Jewish and for what it's worth I do not think that Kanye has ever sucked one.

That being said, he if ever did or will, bet you dollars to donuts that it would be an uncircumcised one.

Also bet you that Kanye loves Ayn Rand.

• Smile 1

Gap, Balenciaga, TJ Max, and Adidas dropped him, and I saw somewhere that he was selling “White Lives Matter” tee shirts, and the Net says he is worth over a billion. I can’t say I have ever listened to his crap rap but after that incident at the MTV awards show . . . sheesh.

Notes February 2015: In 2009, West interrupted Taylor Swift's speech at the MTV Video Music Awards to say that her video didn't deserve an award. When he approached the stage at the Grammys in February to interrupt Album of the Year winner Beck, it seemed like a joke -- but no, Kanye wasn't joking.

7 minutes ago, Peter said:

Gap, Balenciaga, TJ Max, and Adidas dropped him, and I saw somewhere that he was selling “White Lives Matter” tee shirts...

Peter,

He is. With Candace Owens wearing them, too.

Her hubby is the CEO of Parler and Ye is soon to be owner.

I wonder if Candace and Amy Peikoff hang out. Probably not...

The word I heard about the big corporations is that Ye is getting these major brands to drop him so he can get his intellectual property back and sell his own shit. If it works, that will be worth a lot more money to him.

Ye has some grandiose market (not just marketing) plans in development.

I only know from skimming stuff, though.

Michael

On 10/26/2022 at 11:57 PM, Peter said:

Gap, Balenciaga, TJ Max, and Adidas dropped him, and I saw somewhere that he was selling “White Lives Matter” tee shirts, and the Net says he is worth over a billion. I can’t say I have ever listened to his crap rap but after that incident at the MTV awards show . . . sheesh.

Notes February 2015: In 2009, West interrupted Taylor Swift's speech at the MTV Video Music Awards to say that her video didn't deserve an award. When he approached the stage at the Grammys in February to interrupt Album of the Year winner Beck, it seemed like a joke -- but no, Kanye wasn't joking.

Yeah I agree re that night seven years ago, it was a bit bizarre but let me ask you this, have you ever done anything at all in the past seven years that was not perfect ie stating publically about beheading someone? 

His crap rap btw made his a lot of muckin funny, and the people who bought it love it and his art was for them not your demographics.

Here’s an interesting blurb about “Ye” old bucket head. What did Kanye West say about reading books? During the chat with Alo Yoga’s CEO and co-founder Danny Harris, West commented on Harris’s reference to a book. “When you said I hadn’t read this book, I actually haven’t read any book,” he said. “Reading is like eating Brussels sprouts for me.”

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Peter said:

Here’s an interesting blurb about “Ye” old bucket head. What did Kanye West say about reading books? During the chat with Alo Yoga’s CEO and co-founder Danny Harris, West commented on Harris’s reference to a book. “When you said I hadn’t read this book, I actually haven’t read any book,” he said. “Reading is like eating Brussels sprouts for me.”

Love it!!!!!! 

Gotta love Kanye!!!!!!!!!!

I think Ye is going to become the predator class's worst nightmare.

They couldn't keep him on the plantation, not even with drugs.

Now Ye is away from his handlers and doing his thing--yes with language that is not PC--and the whole world is talking about him despite their attempts to censor him.

The sheer size of this guy's audience and fan base is a wonder to behold.

Wanna bet the Deep State has it's grubby finger somewhere in the middle of Ye's problems?

Michael

Here's Polly giving an overview of how celebrity handlers work.

She focuses on Harley Pasternak, the physical trainer who handled Kanye (and handles a whole lot of celebrities who have had bad things happen to them). His connection to the military, the part that experiments with mind-altering drugs, is interesting.

KANYE DROPS A BOMB - WHO IS HARLEY PASTERNAK AND WHY SHOULD YOU CARE?

EQ9A7ahzan6a_640x360.jpg
WWW.BITCHUTE.COM

Your jaw will drop when you learn about this guy's background and who he works with! To support my channel please go here:...

Michael

• 2 weeks later...

Look out Trump, Kanye is running for President in 2024; noting he ran in 2020 as well.  Ye 4 Prez!

Kanye West Confirms Presidential Run, Enlists Milo Yiannopoulos for His 2024 Campaign

046c60fb3bd40f703f1081c258e8fbfe
WWW.YAHOO.COM

“Yes… It’s simple…. It’s just we’re moving toward the future," Ye...

I don't give Ye good chances, but hell.

I'd prefer him over Biden any day of the week.

Yes, as President of the USA,

Biden is a moral abomination. An endless war for profit asshole. And he is selling out the USA to China.

Ye has issues and talks weird at times, but he is not that.

Also, Ye knows how to run big-ass companies.

And dream big and make the dream come true in front of the whole world.

I give him terrible odds as a presidential candidate, but I won't be one to mock him.

Or tut-tut-tut about what the fake news media says about mental illness.

May Ye get into the ring and be happy. Bring it on...

If a piece of human garbage like Hillary Clinton was able to run, Ye certainly can.

Michael