MAGA-Trump Movement 2021 And Beyond

Finally, I came across a viral video where Trump is openly defended against a slow rot that has been trying to develop on the Republican (and fellow traveler) side.

But first, let me set the table.

At the beginning of the month on a different thread (Coronavirus), I was discussing with Ellen the way people diminish Trump by blanking out his achievements, harping on his defects, then claiming that he's had his day, and it's time to move on and find a replacement.

Its a drumbeat. Not a very popular one, but the people who make it make a lot of noise and keep it going, so it sounds bigger than it is. Well, instead of implication, I put the message in clear words and it sounded silly.

I said they believe that Trump should have known what he didn't know and couldn't have known at the time he did Warp Speed. And he needs to be replaced because of that (and a few other things).

Below I explained that this is how presentism works.

(Presentism means applying the the perspective and knowledge of today to a former time, then blaming the former people for not thinking, believing and acting the way people do today.)

On 9/1/2022 at 11:51 AM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

... way too many people imply it through presentism. That's the way presentism works. It's part of the part not said. I just put it into words to show how ridiculous it sounds.

Many of the people who make this mistake use that implication to try to divide MAGA by saying DeSantis is a better option. Actually, DeSantis is a great option, and he is doing a lot, but he's not changing the entire country right now the way Trump has been doing. I see him as a successor to Trump, not a replacement.

But look at the drumbeat and see what the people who promote this division are saying and the way they say it. The don't rebut Trump's achievements. They blank them out. And they focus solely on his errors with a spin that implies too much to be an error.

Now for the video I discovered. Mark Levin liked it so much, he presented it on his own show.

It's called The Virtues of Trump.

(If the YouTube version ever goes down, it's on Rumble here.)

The video is by Thomas Klingenstein at the Claremont Institute and it is fantastic.

It starts by Klingenstein saying he sometimes hears people say they like what Trump did, but now they want someone else. And he openly and emphatically says, after looking at everybody on the current scene, there is nobody else who can measure up to what Trump did and does.

Then he goes into Trump's achievements and blows a hole in the blank-out that has been practiced up to now in the mainstream. Klingenstein lists several of Trump's achievements and openly praises them. He even defends Trump calling Haiti a shithole country and saying that Maxine Waters has a low IQ. He says those are not racist comments. They are thoughts we all think but most people who think them are afraid to say them out loud for fear of being called a racist.

:) 

For MAGA to become the dominant political voice in the country, this kind of thing has to become normal in the mainstream, not just on sites like Bannon's War Room. Well, now it's there the way it's supposed to be. Let's see if that opens a door for more.

Just to be 100% clear, Mark Levin endorses this video 100%.

Watch it.

It's not blind Trump worship. It's good and reasonable. It's about Trump's actions.

Klingenstein identifies things correctly. And then he judges.

People who read me know this is right up my alley.

And he's pro-Trump to boot?

Hell, what's not to like?

So enjoy.

btw - I became aware of this from Trump's own feed on Truth Social (see here). 

Michael

2 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

The video is by Thomas Klingenstein at the Claremont Institute and it is fantastic.

The video shownotes for Klingenstein's YouTube video give a link to a PDF transcript:  https://tomklingenstein.com/assets/pdfs/trumps_virtues.pdf

Trump’s Virtues

Many leading Republicans and conservatives want someone other
than Donald Trump to run for President in 2024. They say we need
someone with Trump’s virtues but without his vices. Fair enough, but
that formulation does not get us very far unless we have a proper
accounting his virtues.

Other Republican politicians say some version of, “I like his policies
but don’t like the rest of him.” But this gets it almost backwards.
Although Trump advanced many important policies, it is the “rest of
him” that contains the virtues that inspired a movement.

Trump was born for the current crisis: the life and death struggle
against the totalitarian enemy I call “woke communism.” The “woke
comms” clench the Democratic party by the scruff of its neck. They
tell us lies and silence those who challenge the lies. Like most
totalitarian regimes, they have a scape goat (white males), a
narrative (America is systemically racist) and a utopian vision of
society where there are equal outcomes for all preferred identity
groups in every area of human life. The woke comms control all the
cultural, and economic centers of power in the country from where
they ruthlessly push their agenda. That agenda rests on the
conviction that America is thoroughly bad (systemically racist) and
must be destroyed. As Trump once said, “their goal is not a better
America, their goal is the end of America." Make no mistake, we are
in the midst of a cold civil war.

Trump awakened the public the public to this fact. You cannot win a
war unless you know you are in one.

Trump critics say he caused or exacerbated the divide in this
country. No, he did not. He revealed—not caused--the divide. [...]

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

For those interested.

Trump rally in Wilmington, North Carolina tonight.

R52Sf.4Wpjb.1.jpg
RUMBLE.COM

LIVESTREAM AUDIO WILL BEGIN WHEN PRESIDENT TRUMP ARRIVES. President Donald J. Trump, 45th President of the United States of America, Delivers Remarks in Wilmington, North Carolina on Friday...

This link was live stream, but now it's a replay.

I'm watching it right now.

Michael

It looks like Liz Cheney has now decided to campaign for Trump for president.

LOL: Liz Cheney Pretends She’s Still Relevant, Declares She’ll Leave the GOP If Trump is the 2024 Nominee

Cheney-1024x784.jpeg
TRENDINGPOLITICS.COM

Recently deposed RINO Liz Cheney apparently thinks that, despite being given the boot from the House of Representatives seat for ruby red […] More

:evil: 

Michael

Peter,

Cheney said she'll leave the GOP if Trump is the candidate in 2024.

That alone will make lots of people vote for Trump.

Imagine once he gets elected. Maybe she'll leave politics.

There is one thing I bet she never leaves, though. Killing human beings for money in endless unwinnable wars.

Michael

I saw Steve Bannon earlier today and he said something I believe we can never forget in the lead up to November.

The rhetoric from the predator class is out of this world nasty right now. This is nothing but death throes. The predator class is losing its power and it doesn't like it.

So it's going to be nasty, it's going to change constantly, and there's going to be a lot of it.

Just weather it as we destroy the Democrat Party and RINOs at the ballot box.

There is no substitute for winning. 

btw - Steve also noticed that the raid on Trump's home seems to be losing steam in the toady media :) ...

Michael

6 hours ago, ThatGuy said:
30582894737_380553c3b9_k.jpg
THEFEDERALIST.COM

Texts between city officials and leftist nonprofit workers indicate that the city of Milwaukee is working to rig the 2022 midterms.

"Bombshell Texts Show Milwaukee Mayor Colluding With Democrats To Rig 2022 Election"

Hey Peter, some more proof for you! 

7 hours ago, Marc said:

Wow! What a bombshell! When is Trump going to be reinstated? I don't doubt there are crooks and cheats on both sides of the aisle . . . and I hope the poll watchers are "ever vigilant," but . . . I see the news is highlighting the fact that there are two blacks in the Supremes, and one Latina too. They seem to forget Thomas is a "too strong" conservative, for many libertarians and liberals and maybe even some conservatives. He, CT, wants to do away with birth control for one thing.  

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Marc said:

"Holy fortune cookies! Were those pesky “election deniers” onto something?

"Isn’t storing election poll workers’ data on servers in a foreign country (yep, you guessed it - China!) illegal?"

04konnech-facebookJumbo.jpg
WWW.NYTIMES.COM

The executive, Eugene Yu, and his firm, Konnech, have been a focus of attention among election deniers.

Arrest made in breach of L.A. County election worker data

401db05f765721be7647e7f25baa9b67
NEWS.YAHOO.COM

The CEO of a Michigan software firm has been accused of storing personal information of L.A. County election workers on servers in...

"Los Angeles County prosecutors have accused the chief executive of a small Michigan software company of compromising the personal information of hundreds of county elections employees.

"Eugene Yu, 51, was arrested early Tuesday just outside Lansing, Mich., after prosecutors alleged he improperly stored the information on servers in China, according to Los Angeles County Dist. Atty. George Gascón. Yu, who is the chief executive officer of a company named Konnech, is expected to be extradited to Los Angeles in the coming days, Gascón said."

4 hours ago, ThatGuy said:

"Holy fortune cookies! Were those pesky “election deniers” onto something?

"Isn’t storing election poll workers’ data on servers in a foreign country (yep, you guessed it - China!) illegal?"

04konnech-facebookJumbo.jpg
WWW.NYTIMES.COM

The executive, Eugene Yu, and his firm, Konnech, have been a focus of attention among election deniers.

Arrest made in breach of L.A. County election worker data

NEWS.YAHOO.COM

The CEO of a Michigan software firm has been accused of storing personal information of L.A. County election workers on servers in...

"Los Angeles County prosecutors have accused the chief executive of a small Michigan software company of compromising the personal information of hundreds of county elections employees.

"Eugene Yu, 51, was arrested early Tuesday just outside Lansing, Mich., after prosecutors alleged he improperly stored the information on servers in China, according to Los Angeles County Dist. Atty. George Gascón. Yu, who is the chief executive officer of a company named Konnech, is expected to be extradited to Los Angeles in the coming days, Gascón said."

The proof keeps coming! 

Drip drip drip drip drippity drip.

• Upvote 1

Real Clear Politics as of yesterday’s polls, 2022 Pennsylvania Senate race: Fetterman 47, Oz 45.

2024 Presidential race: Trump 45, Biden 43.

2024 Presidential Republican Primary Trump 55, DeSantis 17, Pence 7, Cruz 3, Cheney and Rubio 3, Haley 2, Scott and Christie 1. Thursday, October 13 Trump up by 38.

This is going viral.

MTG is a total beast when attacked.

Another MAGA lady killing it.

Even Megyn Kelly is on board, and she is not exactly MAGA. She takes apart a whisper campaign that is constantly floated to test the waters about DeSantis.

Lovely and beastly.

Momma grizzlies.

Lot's of 'em in MAGA-land.

Michael

• Upvote 1

Trump did another rally yesterday. This time in Robstown, Texas.

I won't embed the video since the rally was basically the same thing as in other rallies. (You can see it here if you want.)

However, a moment happened in that rally I have never seen before with a huge crowd like the one at this rally. I think this is one of those iconic moments for the history books.

In the middle of the rally, the crowd sang the National Anthem. Normally a leader will invite everyone to sing and the crowd sings. This time, a few people in the audience started as they interrupted Trump, then the crowd gradually joined in until the entire mass of people was singing.

It's a hell of a moment in American politics. 

Were the first singers ringers or were they spontaneous?

I don't know. But I do know the crowd itself singing was not staged.

People who ignore this sentiment are in for a rude awakening.

btw - As the tweet says, Trump was talking about the Jan. 6 committee when the anthem started. That shows what they really feel about what happened on that day. And that feeling is all over America.

The message? Tyrants will not still the voice of the American people.

Michael

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Were the first singers ringers or were they spontaneous?

I don't know. But I do know the crowd itself singing was not staged.

People who ignore this sentiment are in for a rude awakening.

btw - As the tweet says, Trump was talking about the Jan. 6 committee when the anthem started. That shows what they really feel about what happened on that day. And that feeling is all over America.

The message? Tyrants will not still the voice of the American people.

The sentiment and the message are current and topical, if a bit blurry at the definitional edges.

A crowd finding one voice and singing an anthem is usually not news. The "interruption" of the unique Trump performance has been noted and the life-force-sucking small-l luciferians are all over it.

I refused to be moved during an Orpheum appearance of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, so don't mind me.

Edited by william.scherk
Mormom Normom Norman Mormon