Woke NBA - Mark Cuban style

Woke NBA - Mark Cuban Style

This one is going to be short.

The NBA has recently decided it's main purpose is propaganda, not basketball.

Now, after embracing the Black Lives Matter propaganda in professional basketball, Mark Cuban, who owns the Dallas Mavericks, is starting to wonder why the audience is going away.

So he goes into marketer mode. But it ain't working.

That's just one reaction out of countless ones saying the same thing.

But Cuban is not discussing anything with them. 

There you have it.

How to produce Woke Basketball on Twitter.

This just started and it is already getting brutal.

Not even the Big Shark in Shark Tank can sell Woke Basketball and has to run from his audience for trying.

Keep pissing on your audience, Mark. Keep calling them racists.

Then keep wondering why they leave.

You're the bigot, not your customers.

Michael

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, merjet said:

Of course. I also know there is a fuzzy line between hyperbole and a lie. 

Merlin,

Good Lord!

Do you even know who Sidney Powell is?

Hint. She's not the official audience numbers records keeper at basketball games.

And further hint. She's the lawyer who keeps getting asshole Andrew Weissmann's bogus persecutions prosecutions overturned on appeal because they are so sleazy. She's been doing that for years.

She's also General Michael Flynn's current lawyer. Once she got on board, the bad guys started having a real hard time with their project to frame him. They almost got him, but she pulled him out. Now they are trying to abuse the legal system to not let him go, even though the Justice Department withdrew charges. But he'll get off that, eventually, too.

She used her hyperbolic tweet to make a political statement to a loudmouth (Mark Cuban), not to make an accounting statement.

The political statement is if you mix woke politics with professional sports, your finances are going to suffer.

It's a comeuppance thing against the authoritarian woke idiots.

At least, if you don't understand this, the readers will. Hell, the readers already knew it before I said it...

Talk about taking gotcha to the extreme...

Michael

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Good Lord!

Do you even know who Sidney Powell is?

I don't care who she is. She lied. Your exalted elitist ruler's The Art of the Deal includes the term "truthful hyperbole." Do you believe Sidney Powell's remark was "truthful hyperbole"?

16 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Hint. She's not the official audience numbers records keeper at basketball games.

Whoop-de-doo, Snarky.

Adrian Cronauer [as Walter Cronkite] "I just want to begin by saying to Roosevelt E. Roosevelt, what it is, what it shall be, what it was. The weather out there today is hot and shitty with continued hot and shitty in the afternoon. Tomorrow a chance of continued crappy with a pissy weather front coming down from the north. Basically, it's hotter than a snake's ass in a wagon roundup. "

Lt. Hauk: "First of all, don't make fun of the weather here, and don't say the weather is the same all the time here. Because it's not. In fact, it's two degrees colder today than yesterday."

Adrian Cronauer : "Two degrees colder, me without my muff."

(Robin Williams and Bruno Kirby in GOOD MORNING VIETNAM)

12 minutes ago, merjet said:

I don't care who she is. She lied. Your exalted elitist ruler's The Art of the Deal includes the term "truthful hyperbole." Do you believe Sidney Powell's remark was "truthful hyperbole"?

Merlin,

Actually, come to think of it, she did give a good example of "truthful hyperbole."

Trump normally exaggerates toward greatness. She exaggerated toward smallness.

Just for the reader's sake, because I know for sure you will not grok this, the important part of "truthful hyperbole" is the direction, not an either-or detail. That's because it is a form of rhetoric for persuasion, not a factual statement of detail.

For example, when I say bazillionaire, I'm not referring to a fixed sum of money. I'm not even using a made-up word to indicate a fixed sum of money. I'm just talking about a person with a whole lot of it.

On the other hand, If I call a really rich person "starving" and "bankrupt" or even "middle class." that is not "truthful hyperbole." With the right tone of voice, it can be irony, even ironic hyperbole, but not truthful hyperbole. It's in the wrong direction.

Sidney Powell got the direction right and exaggerated to an extreme. Thus truthful hyperbole.

Michael

54 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Sidney Powell got the direction right and exaggerated to an extreme. Thus truthful hyperbole.

😃   😃   😃

I call it lying hyperbole. Somewhat like when you said "I'm bored again."  😃

It's happening.

NBA Playoff Ratings Crash by 23%, Lowest Watched in 5 Years

Despite near-daily efforts to show America how woke they are, or, because of it, the NBA’s playoff ratings are still tanking.

“Weekday afternoon games have certainly hurt, but the first weekend of the NBA Playoffs was no ratings bonanza either,” Sports Media Watch reported.

Viewership on ABC is down 23 percent and the numbers are down 20 percent overall compared to last year’s playoffs

“The Lakers’ win ranks as ABC’s least-watched playoff opener in five years (2015 Pelicans-Warriors: 3.49M), with the caveat that this year marked the first time since 2004 that it did not air a game on the opening day of the postseason,” Sports Media Watch added.

. . .

The ratings for the NBA were so poor in the first week of August that Fox News programming — and even Rachel Maddow on MSNBC — beat opening night NBA ratings.

As Sports Illustrated noted, the NBA’s TV contracts expire in 2025, so it won’t be long before the networks begin looking to renegotiate their $24 billion deal. If these basement-dwelling ratings continue, it could have a major impact on the league’s ability to command top dollar in the future.

With that kind of money involved and ratings tanking, if this keeps up, I seriously doubt the networks will wait until 2025.

TV shows and series get canceled all the time due to falling ratings. It's an ads thing.

Money talks and bullshit walks.

:) 

Michael

Breibart says viewers of NBA playoff games are "down 20 percent overall." However, it's not on the Sports Media Watch page. 

Most of the games have been on ESPN or TBS or TNT, not ABC. Most future games where the station is shown will be on ESPN or TNT. Only one is ABC. 

The Sports Media Watch page says: "All comparisons come with the disclaimer that this year’s NBA Playoffs is taking place four months later than originally scheduled, during a time of year in which fewer televisions are in use, and with the majority of games airing in unusual weekday afternoon timeslots."

Another Sports Media Watch title is: "NBA Playoffs up in prime time, but not enough to overcome day game deluge."

Kirk Cousins made a comment that countered the MSM spiel. I saw him attacked on Get Up with comments such as he ought to keep his machismo in check and express more empathy. Its tiring listening to people try so hard to maintain the status quo. What part of the news do they read? Sports, of course. They apparently didn't see CDC published findings on 94% of those who die from SARS-CoV-2 have co-morbidities and are also in later stages of life.

How is it that empathy is allowed for dead people but not for those selfish about their economic interests? 

1 hour ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Brant,

How's this?

Michael

Ok, ok. My comment was connected by straight line logic. To put it another way. Governments shut down to avoid people dying of a virus as people die from other causes such as missing treatments, undiagnosed medical conditions, suicide from depression, losing jobs, economic downturns etc etc.

I dont really understand your comment re "dead people cant vote". And I take it Brant doesn't either. Why? Because they can and do. Ill chaulk it up to Michaels attempt at humor.

https://tinyurl.com/rt68x35

I trust Judical Watch and it rings true.

In the latest round of warning letters, Judicial Watch explains that implausibly high registration rates raise legal concerns:

An unusually high registration rate suggests that a jurisdiction is not removing voters who have died or who have moved elsewhere, as required by [federal law].

I watched Jason Whitlock on Fox's Speak for Yourself, from time to time. The format is like many other sport commentary shows. But what he does do is he brokers no bs. I see his show was discontinued in July. And like many before him he is sounding off but unlike Jamele Hill he's making sense and calling out Lebron James as a liar for saying black people are afraid of losing their lives. And its bull shit on steroids. Its another Big Lie when simple truth cuts it down to its essence. Racism, Cracism. 10-14 blacks died at the hands of police. 28 whites. 8,000 blacks died at the hands of other blacks. Watcha gone do wit dat?

This is the price you pay Cancel Culture extracts when exposing the truth.

https://thesource.com/2020/05/07/black-twitter-drags-fox-sports-host-jason-whitlock-for-lebron-social-justice-criticism/

13 minutes ago, turkeyfoot said:

I dont really understand your comment re "dead people cant vote". And I take it Brant doesn't either. Why? Because they can and do.

T,

Ah come on.

This is like explaining a joke... Once you do that, the charm of the joke goes away and it's no longer funny.

But here goes anyway.

Both you and Brant are metaphorically right, but technically as wrong as can be.

Dead people cannot vote. They can't do anything. They're dead. Not being able to act is part of that state.

OTHER LIVING PEOPLE steal their identity and vote in their name.

Sometimes we express that metaphorically by saying dead people voted or did this or that. But in reality, other people voted and did this or that using the dead people's name fraudulently.

Whew!

Now for the second part.

Who are you going to pressure to persuade to vote your way, or obey your demands? Dead people or living people? Well... living people, of course. Dead people can't be persuaded. They're dead.

And if you want to show to the public that you have empathy, meaning you're a good guy, you have a big heart, you CARE godammit  :) , who are you going to bestow your empathy on, living people who could interpret that empathy in a way they no longer feel pressured to vote your way or obey you, or dead people who can't interpret anything? Well... You use dead people for a prop, of course, and frame it as if they were still living in order to fool the public. Meanwhile, you keep the pressure up on the living.

The persuasion trick is use dead people for show and plunder (especially identity), but keep living people in line any way you can. Sometimes the methods for the living are pleasant and/or rational. Other times they are ugly and hamhanded. It doesn't matter so long as they obey. But the dead only have to be looted, not ruled over.

Also, there's this. In terms of the public, what you do with the dead does not have to be congruent with what you do with the living. Their contexts are different and so are yours when you reference them.

Whew again!

But gosh darn it.

Now it's not funny anymore... 

Drat!...

Michael

20 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

T,

Ah come on.

This is like explaining a joke... Once you do that, the charm of the joke goes away and it's no longer funny.

But here goes anyway.

Both you and Brant are metaphorically right, but technically as wrong as can be.

Dead people cannot vote. They can't do anything. They're dead. Not being able to act is part of that state.

OTHER LIVING PEOPLE steal their identity and vote in their name.

Sometimes we express that metaphorically by saying dead people voted or did this or that. But in reality, other people voted and did this or that using the dead people's name fraudulently.

Whew!

Now for the second part.

Who are you going to pressure to persuade to vote your way, or obey your demands? Dead people or living people? Well... living people, of course. Dead people can't be persuaded. They're dead.

And if you want to show to the public that you have empathy, meaning you're a good guy, you have a big heart, you CARE godammit  :) , who are you going to bestow your empathy on, living people who could interpret that empathy in a way they no longer feel pressured to vote your way or obey you, or dead people who can't interpret anything? Well... You use dead people for a prop, of course, and frame it as if they were still living in order to fool the public. Meanwhile, you keep the pressure up on the living.

The persuasion trick is use dead people for show and plunder (especially identity), but keep living people in line any way you can. Sometimes the methods for the living are pleasant and/or rational. Other times they are ugly and hamhanded. It doesn't matter so long as they obey. But the dead only have to be looted, not ruled over.

Also, there's this. In terms of the public, what you do with the dead does not have to be congruent with what you do with the living. Their contexts are different and so are yours when you reference them.

Whew again!

But gosh darn it.

Now it's not funny anymore... 

Drat!...

Michael

M,

Got it. Had it. Lost it.

Here's the joke.

Why is there more empathy given towards those dead than the living?

Dead people can't vote.

Never was. Ha ha  lol

Maybe Seinfeld can work with it. Its raw but I'm glad you liked it.

It would be an understatement to say I'm a straight line thinker (the dead can't vote) but I will say I've learned a lot reading what you write. Its nuanced stuff. I'm better for it.

My wife laughs at many of my "jokes". You could say that doesn't mean I'm funny. But she didn't laugh at yours. Now that is hilarious!

1 hour ago, turkeyfoot said:

Dead people can't vote.

Never was. Ha ha  lol

T,

It wasn't much of a joke. It was just a quip.

It only needed the intention of a smile, at most a half-assed chuckle, not a belly-laugh.

But how the hell am I going to write as much as I did about a quip?

It's like dissecting a glass of water.

The least I can do is add some ice, booze and mix and then talk about it.

btw - Reading the subtext in between your lines, your wife sounds wise... (not a quip)

:) <--- (smiley of friendliness, not humor).

Michael