Hollywood

Kat

arnold.gif

Arnold Schwarzenegger as The Terminator

Our illustrious Governator. Like Reagan, one is uncertain whether to put them in "Hollywood" or "Politics."

Victor; It is a problem. Reagan in politics. He reached the highest post you can get. Arnold still in Hollywood. Arnold is the better actor.

All right. Yeah, Arnold is the better actor. I can't watch "Kindergarten Cop" or "Twins" w/o having tears come to my eyes. <_<

Good Lord, that man is now our governor.

Nobody Told Me There'd Be Days Like These...

Strange Days Indeed...

Most peculiar, mama...

Nobody Told Me There'd Be Days Like These...

Strange Days Indeed...

Most peculiar, mama...

Lyrics from John Lennon's last recordings. You can't fool me, Peri! I'm a pop culture expert! :sorcerer:

Oops, I guess I should have sourced it! I'm nothing but a plagerist now. :devil:

Victor,

I just want to say, you are an enormously skilled artist/caricaturist!

Your work is better than much of what is published in magazines, intellectual journals, satirical periodicals.

You should submit these to a bunch of publications....and don't worry about collecting rejection slips until you find someone with the combination of brains and sense of humor to hire you to do caricatures to accompany articles. I know nothing about your field and have never looked at Artists Market, but I'm guessin it would be small, intellectually oriented publications that your work would enhance, and you don't have to agree with the articles themselves or the fact they are not written by Oists.

I got a particularly huge laugh out of Rocky Balboa, just as I got a chill out of the pile of skulls in your Biddle thing. I would like to see you reuse that, not against Biddle, but against the -real- bad guys...such as the Iranian Mullahs, or the leaders of the various Islamofascist groups.

Then it would be publishable in a mainstream or non-Oist venue, rather than being an inside the movement thing that only enough people to fit in a phone booth ever see.

Phil, thank you for the compliment! I have submitted my work to many magazines already, and have been published and rejected over a period of years. I have been there and done that.

Mind you, I should get into the magazine market more than what I have been. In addition to focusing on live shows, advertising rendering, character design for animation houses, private commissions, CD covers, Hollywood commissions, [William Morris Agency and Ron Howard] etc—I am embarking on presenting my work in a single volume called “Icon and Idols: A portrait of Our Times.” This will be a book that will feature my work with accompanying articles—or rather essays on culture. Icons and Idols will be an irreverent and satirical book—lots of fun. I hope people will buy it :turned:

I do want to appeal to the wider culture, but I am not adverse to appealing to—or targeting—the subculture—Objectivist or not.

Victor

Edited by Victor Pross

> I hope people will buy it

Victor, I will buy it for the art...but I hope you will reconsider adding articles. Most Oists don't know how to write well or will alienate large hunks of their market. The art itself will appeal to a market a hundred times larger than will ideological commentary. And if you 'explain' your drawings or, worse, make Oist or philosophical or ideological commentary, your work won't sell and you'll be slittiing your own artistic throat.

Vermeer didn't accompany his paintings with little essays on the nature of light or Monet on the nature of Impressionism.

Let the work speak.