Holy crap - It's on with China

Holy crap - It's on with China

I'll let Bill Barr speak for himself.

The video actually starts at 1:26:05, but I have embedded here to start there.

Barr is also calling out Apple, Disney on so on.

And he's saying people who do business in America and China, but bow to China's political demands, now have to register as foreign agents.

I don't think this will get to war, but it's going somewhere serious.

I don't see it going backwards anytime soon.

Thank God. 

Michael

• Like 1

On 7/17/2020 at 1:08 AM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Michael wrote about “the nature of power” on another thread, which is more cerebral than a PBS show called, “The Power of Nature.” I grew up in the military where my Dad served in the Navy for nearly 30 years and I was born near Penn State where my Dad taught military science. Then to everyone’s dismay I went into the Army and served in South Korea with some skirmishes but well after the Korean War.

Anyone a war buff?  “The Army of the Future” was a crossword clue so I looked it up and found this review. Charles de Gaulle wrote the book in 1941 which I assume was after he fled to England when Germany invaded France. I don’t think he saw too far into the future, but maybe up to the 1970’s. Peter       

Paul S. Teague, Major, US Army Retired, “ Closer to Cold War than WWII.”

Charles de Gaulle's book “The Army of the Future” is the ground force version of Giulio Douhet's Command of the Air. De Gaulle describes what his vision of what mobile warfare would be in the future. He begins the book with a very interesting terrain analysis explaining why France has always been open to invasion. From there he describes what a division would look like containing two tank brigades, mechanized infantry, self-propelled artillery, engineers, air defense, aviation and logistics. He also describes how these mobile divisions would fight. He explains what type of individuals would be needed to fill the ranks of this highly professional mobile army. My opinion that de Gaulle's vision is closer to the Heavy Divisions of the Cold war is based on de Gaulle calling for two Tank Brigades in his division while the German army of WWII had only one Panzer Regiment in their Panzer Divisions. Also the German Army relied heavily on horse transportation for most all of their artillery. A US Tank Division during the Cold War had two Tank and one Mechanized Infantry Brigades, all artillery was self-propelled, this organization was more in line with de Gaulle's division than the Panzer Division was. That said, De Gaulle's vision for ground warfare was far more accurate than Douhet's vision for air power was.

Chinese spy center (Consulate) in Houston is now closed.

From Breitbart:

U.S. Closes Chinese Consulate in Houston over Privacy, IP Theft Concerns

July 22 (UPI) — The Chinese government on Wednesday threatened retaliatory “countermeasures” after U.S. officials abruptly ordered the closure of Beijing’s consulate in Houston.

Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman Wang Wenbin said the Trump administration ordered the closure in an “unprecedented escalation,” and promised to “react with firm countermeasures” if the move is not rescinded.

The ministry called the closure a “political provocation unilaterally launched by the U.S. side, which seriously violates international law, basic norms governing international relations and the bilateral consular agreement between China and the U.S.”

It also accused the Trump administration of stigmatizing and “unwarranted attacks” against China’s social system, “harassing” Chinese diplomatic and consular staff, “intimidating and interrogating” Chinese students and “confiscating their personal electrical devices, even detaining them without cause.”

State Department spokeswoman Morgan Ortagus, traveling with Secretary of State Mike Pompeo in Denmark, said the closure was ordered “to protect American intellectual property and Americans’ private information.”

“The United States will not tolerate [China’s] violations of our sovereignty and intimidation of our people, just as we have not tolerated the [its] unfair trade practices, theft of American jobs, and other egregious behavior,” she said. “President Trump insists on fairness and reciprocity in U.S.-China relations.”

The move escalates tensions already somewhat strained by blame over the COVID-19 pandemic, trade disputes and Beijing’s military actions in the South China Sea.

From Click2Houston:

China says US orders it to close consulate in Houston to ‘protect American intellectual property’ after officials respond to fire

Houston police and fire officials responded to reports that documents were being burned in the courtyard of the Consulate General of China in Houston Tuesday night, according to the Houston Police Department.

Wang accused the U.S. of opening Chinese diplomatic pouches without permission multiple times, confiscating Chinese items for official use and imposing restrictions on Chinese diplomats in the U.S. last October and again in June. He also said that U.S. diplomats in China engage in infiltration activities.

“If we compare the two, it is only too evident which is engaged in interference, infiltration and confrontation,” Wang said.

Here are videos from the articles:

Burning documents:

Hosing down fires in containers in the courtyard:

China is pissed that its feeding frenzy on America is over.

Good.

Now we need to look at the Americans who got rich selling out America to China.

Michael

• Like 1

China is going to have a huge problem soon.

It has a big-ass dam called Three Gorges Dam. This thing is massive. The floodgates are now open and flooding inhabited land because the dam is near cracking open.

Ironically, if it blows, one of the cities that will be annihilated is Wuhan.

I believe the interconnection with Wuhan being potentially destroyed by flooding and it being the source of COVID-19 is mere coincidence, but the constant series of coincidences these days about massively destructive events is mindblowing.

Something sinister is going on.

I wonder if it has been possible to sabotage the Three Gorges Dam (irrespective of who would do that), or the Dam's weakness is merely a question of incompetence whose day of reckoning is falling due.

Ayn Rand disliked Orwell's 1984 because she said an authoritarian culture would not be able to keep up the technology for the world Orwell presented. With all the recent goings on where China is concerned, I wonder if it is going to prove her right. The world-domination philosophy behind of the Chinese Communist Party has used guile to penetrate capitalistic cultures added to a posture of "hide your strength and bide your time." 

It uses slave labor to corrupt enormous American corporations like Apple, the pharmaceutical industry and so many others. American politicians have been complicit. Both the politicians and CEOs crave unearned wealth. (Anything made by slave labor generates unearned profits.)

But if these companies simply up and leave China, I wonder if China would have the competence to stay competitive on the world market, or if the majority of its shit would fall apart on use. I suspect the latter.

China has tried to corrupt and steal its way into productivity. It has been surprisingly good at it, too. But that's not the motor that runs productivity and industrial progress. Now China is facing the cost of ignoring the real motor (the independent mind set within a culture that rewards individual effort, not just systems).

All it took was one Trump to show and deepen the cracks in that scheme.

And maybe a nudge from Mother Nature to blow a hole in it.

Michael

• Like 1

Take a look at this.

Bill Gates’s Nuclear Firm Collaborated With Chinese Military Proxy

The Microsoft billionaire chairs a nuclear power initiative working alongside a Chinese energy company deemed a military asset by the U.S. government. Gates has also extolled China’s economic exploitation of Africa as “valuable” and “beneficial.”

The tech-entrepreneur “philanthropist” came under fire for insisting the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) “did a lot of things right” with its coronavirus response, but the undeserved and factually inaccurate praise was just the tip of the iceberg concerning Gate’s consorting with China.

As the Chinese Embassy to the U.S. revealingly phrased it back in 2010: “Bill Gates bats for China.”

But Gates’s ties to the CCP are not limited to merely rhetoric: Terrapower, a nuclear energy research company founded and chaired by him works with China National Nuclear Corporation (CNNC), a wholly government-funded and administered company.

What’s more, the state-owned enterprise is involved with “the development of China’s nuclear energy programs, both civilian and military.”

What a loathsome man.

If we want to see who sold America to the Chinese, we can start here. Bill Gates is one of them.

Michael

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

China is going to have a huge problem soon.

It has a big-ass dam called Three Gorges Dam. This thing is massive. The floodgates are now open and flooding inhabited land because the dam is near cracking open.

Ironically, if it blows, one of the cities that will be annihilated is Wuhan.

Here is an animated simulation of what it could look like if it blows.

Michael

That shit is terrifying. I saw a similar animation, in stills obviously, in the Denver Post twenty five years ago for the failure of Cherry Creek Dam. The Army Corps Of Engineers completed the dam in 1950. It is only a large pile of dirt. The Corps swear it can come down by overfilling, spilling, and undermining itself. They want to pile it up taller and cap it all with concrete, give said spilling a course over concrete so that the spilling wouldn’t undermine it. (Denver would experience light flooding from the spilling, but it would be saved. They say raising it a little first will make even the light flooding from spillover almost 100% unlikely.) Nothing has been done. The failure analysis is absolutely terrifying. A wall of water thirty feet high will crash into Denver at about 30 mph.

On 7/17/2020 at 1:08 AM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

From AARP. “50 Years of Downs & Ups. The S&P 500 Index –a common barometer of the U.S. Stock Market – fell 20 percent or more six times in the half century before 2020. Those bear markets, as they are typically known, averaged about 16 months.”

What will the Covid-19 virus or a trade war or a Chinese exclusion act do to us financially? I will condense the past history they reported. Peter

1973 conflict in the Middle East, The S&P went down 48.2 percent. Recovery time: 70 months

1980 stagflation 27.1 percent Recovery time:  3 months

1987 black Monday 33.5 Recovery time: 20 months

1990 the Gulf War 19.9 Recovery time: 4 months

2000 the tech bubble bursts 49.1 Recovery time: 56 months

2007 real estate goes bust. 56.8 Recovery time: 49 months

3 hours ago, Peter said:

That is gross, One big conventional or one small nuke could kill millions?  

Peter..you missed the point.(pun?).  My blanket reference was how the Americans handed out blankets to the natives that had been contaminated with smallpox...first case of Biowarfare in North America I believe?

4 hours ago, Jules Troy said:

Peter..you missed the point.(pun?).  My blanket reference was how the Americans handed out blankets to the natives that had been contaminated with smallpox...first case of Biowarfare in North America I believe?

Is this true? I heard that this is a myth based on a documented discussion where the option of using this tactic was verbalized.

Edit: From History.com

Colonial weaponizing of smallpox against Native Americans was first reported by 19th-century historian Francis Parkman, who came across correspondence in which Sir Jeffery Amherst, commander in chief of the British forces in North America in the early 1760s, had discussed its use with Col. Henry Bouquet, a subordinate on the western frontier during the French and Indian War.

For all the outrage the account has stirred over the years, there’s only one clearly documented instance of a colonial attempt to spread smallpox during the war, and oddly, Amherst probably didn’t have anything to do with it. There’s also no clear historical verdict on whether the biological attack even worked.

On 7/28/2020 at 4:38 AM, Jules Troy said:

I did miss it. Is the Chinese virus the second instance of Bio-warfare? 

We need take on China on every front, and we need do it while we still have the muscle or all is lost.  These are good moves.  Hooray! Let's do this!