Current Riots in America (June 2020)

6 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

No wigging out of that one. I fixed it in my original post at least...

Skullfully done Michalobe. One more post? Can anyone make a sentence or two out of these clashing, oxymoronic  phrases?  Fine mess.  Terribly nice. Pretty ugly.  Small crowd.  Found missing.  Bird dog.  Accidentally on purpose.  Bad sport.  Jumbo shrimp. Paid volunteer.  Plastic silverware.  Preliminary conclusion.  Tragic comedy.

It was pretty ugly. A small crowd outside Senator Graham’s house, though terribly nice I am sure, was found missing with empty tranquilizer darts all over the ground.

2 hours ago, Peter said:

Skullfully done Michalobe. One more post? Can anyone make a sentence or two out of these clashing, oxymoronic  phrases?  Fine mess.  Terribly nice. Pretty ugly.  Small crowd.  Found missing.  Bird dog.  Accidentally on purpose.  Bad sport.  Jumbo shrimp. Paid volunteer.  Plastic silverware.  Preliminary conclusion.  Tragic comedy.

It was pretty ugly. A small crowd outside Senator Graham’s house, though terribly nice I am sure, was found missing with empty tranquilizer darts all over the ground.

Peter's beginning:

"It was pretty ugly. A small crowd outside Senator Graham’s house, though terribly nice I am sure, was found missing with empty tranquilizer darts all over the ground."

Continue:  

A paid volunteer who had strewn jumbo shrimp and plastic silverware around accidentally on purpose tried to blame a deranged bird dog but was charged with being a bad sport.

Preliminary conclusion:  It was a fine mess of a tragic comedy.

Ellen

• Like 1

On 9/21/2020 at 2:39 PM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Chris Rufo blowing smoke from his pistol.

Here's the bow tie on this one. 

VA cancels 'race cafe' event that allegedly violated Trump's executive order

The interesting thing about this article is that it shows EXACTLY how the changing labels thing works with liberals.

When Fox News initially contacted the VA on Monday, the agency denied any wrongdoing.

"This event has nothing to do with critical race theory. It’s simply a voluntary discussion focused on maintaining an environment that’s welcoming for all employees," said Mary Kay Rutan, Manager at the Office of Communication and Stakeholder Relations at the VA.

Rutan added: "The pledge referenced is simply focused on eliminating disparities in health care outcomes among minorities – a common area of focus in the medical community known as health equity."

Fox News later asked the Office of Management and Budget for its reaction to the VA's statement, but didn't immediately receive a response. Early on Tuesday afternoon, Noel told Fox News the event had been canceled.

The bad guys merely stopped using the term "critical race theory" and kept doing the same horseshit while claiming to be compliant. Then acted like a victim.

They always do this crap.

I'm glad to see someone on the conservative/libertarian side actually look at the substance rather than just the label for a change.

On the marketing side, President Trump gives this crap right back to them, too. But he loves to have fun, so he does it more as a goof to mock them than anything else.

Since political rallies are supposed to strictly observe social distancing, masks and other restrictions, but BLM and Antifa protests are exempt, President Trump started calling his rallies "peaceful protests." Then people can come and be as they please.

:) 

He always does it with a smile and a wink and his audience loves it.

Michael

• Like 1

It’s great too that the venues are outside and get the visual of AirForce 1 as the backdrop. I also think being physically located on airport property means federal jurisdiction and less if any chance of local jurisdictions disallowing events .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

The bad guys merely stopped using the term "critical race theory" and kept doing the same horseshit while claiming to be compliant. Then acted like a victim.

They always do this crap.

Well well well.

They kept pushing and they kept pushing and they kept pushing and then this happened.

I love it.

People can have the freedom to hate the USA and say so openly. But we--through the American government--should not have to pay for it.

Right the fuck on...

Michael

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

You can see the entire thread here.

The comments in the different tweets by Chris Ruffo are so interesting, I am putting them all in one quote.

VICTORY: The President has just signed a full Executive Order abolishing critical race theory from the federal government, the military, and all federal contractors.

The president has effectively declared war on CRT—and extended the battlefield to all of our institutions.

. . .

To begin, the president explains that our nation was founded on the ideal that "all mean are created equal" and denounces critical race theory's "pernicious and false belief that America is an irredeemably racist and sexist country."

. . .

The President writes that the "malign ideology" of critical race theory "is now migrating from the fringes of American society and threatens to infect core institutions of country." He cites my original reporting on the Treasury Department, Argonne National Labs, and Sandia Labs.

. . .

The ambition of the executive order is breathtaking: the President will prohibit federal funds from supporting critical race theory trainings in the federal government, in the military, and by all federal contractors.

. . .

The point on federal contractors is a major escalation: if a private company wants to work with the US government, they can no longer teach critical race theory anywhere in their offices. This could potentially disrupt CRT programs in half of the Fortune 500.

. . .

The executive order will also disrupt the flow of money to academia's critical race theory programs. The order stops all federal grants that support CRT—with the potential to cripple hundreds of academic projects moving forward.

. . .

Finally, the executive order has a strong enforcement component: all federal diversity programs must be approved directly by OMB and OPM, and agencies are directed to initiate adverse action proceedings against managers who continue to hold CRT trainings.

. . .

The executive order also opens the legal floodgates: the President instructs the Attorney General to assess whether critical race theory trainings create a "hostile work environment" and constitute a violation of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act.

That has to be the Mother of All Executive Orders.

Also, you can read the text of the full executive order here.

Michael

23 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

The comments in the different tweets by Chris Ruffo are so interesting, I am putting them all in one quote.

Bravo, bravo, bravo....... for the Executive Order.

Unfortunately, Rufo has a typo which isn’t of the funny kind.  He wrote "all mean" instead of the intended "all men."  I hope that someone alerts him and that a typo in a Tweet can be corrected.

Ellen

9 hours ago, Ellen Stuttle said:

I think "skill" works admirably in the context.  Still laughing about it.

I can imagine you singing, Soft kitty, Warm kitty . . . 

I think I have used that quote before. Let me quote another one.

From “The Gorilla Experiment” (Season 3) Penny is upset because she feels she isn’t smart enough for Leonard.
Sheldon: Why are you crying?
Penny: Because I’m stupid!
Sheldon: That’s no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.

In this age of alone togetherness  a young adult on a blind date is like being a paid volunteer in some kind of orchestrated chaos centered around awkward intimacies and chance meetings in order to placate demands placed by social norms. This could not have been highlighted more than by the stark contrast of the paper tablecloth and plastic silverware juxtaposed along side the leaded crystal stemless goblets of the restaurant. Increasingly few were the times Lisbeth didn't feel the dull stab of vain embarrassment when her glance would linger on her pretty ugly fingers , and she would be forced to accept that her hands resembled exactly the image of an order of jumbo shrimp cocktail. Her preliminary conclusion that the evening would end in a fine mess was slightly bolstered when the terribly nice, though somewhat hyperactive waiter announced in front of the small crowd that her companion was found missing at another table followed by the tragic comedy of his arrival at his seat with his preordered shrimp cocktail.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, tmj said:

In this age of alone togetherness  a young adult on a blind date is like being a paid volunteer in some kind of orchestrated chaos centered around awkward intimacies and chance meetings in order to placate demands placed by social norms. This could not have been highlighted more than by the stark contrast of the paper tablecloth and plastic silverware juxtaposed along side the leaded crystal stemless goblets of the restaurant. Increasingly few were the times Lisbeth didn't feel the dull stab of vain embarrassment when her glance would linger on her pretty ugly fingers , and she would be forced to accept that her hands resembled exactly the image of an order of jumbo shrimp cocktail. Her preliminary conclusion that the evening would end in a fine mess was slightly bolstered when the terribly nice, though somewhat hyperactive waiter announced in front of the small crowd that her companion was found missing at another table followed by the tragic comedy of his arrival at his seat with his preordered shrimp cocktail.

T,

LOL...

Well done.

Michael

On 9/22/2020 at 10:11 AM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

[more bs]

On 9/22/2020 at 10:12 AM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

[more bs]

On 9/22/2020 at 11:48 AM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

[Blah, blah, blah and more bs]

P.S. Have you seen Ellen be a copycat? I bet you haven't.  😃

2 hours ago, merjet said:

P.S. Have you seen Ellen be a copycat? I bet you haven't.  😃

Merlin,

Keep trying...

That one didn't come off.

In fact, that one was lamer than most.

(psssst... Your're copycatting me saying I betcha you can't write a story.  But worse, you forgot the friggin' setup. :) That is, your setup had nothing to do with the payoff.)

But keep trying...

Imagine how wonderful life will be once the coin drops and you break free.

Michael

On 9/22/2020 at 1:25 PM, Peter said:

20 hours ago, tmj said:

I'm going to throw this post in the section about learning how to write fiction like Ayn Rand.

Why?

Recognize this?

He stood naked at the edge of a cliff. The lake lay far below him. A frozen explosion of granite burst in flight to the sky over motionless water. The water seemed immovable, the stone flowing. The stone had the stillness of one brief moment in battle when thrust meets thrust and the currents are held in a pause more dynamic than motion. The stone glowed, wet with  sunrays.

Michael

• Like 1

Incidentally, during the lead-up phase to voting day, has anyone noticed that I rarely talk about the political opinions of anti-Trump luminaries in the Objectivist subcommunity?

I just noticed this myself and wondered why.

Then it hit me.

Their opinions are irrelevant to the election.

If there were something they say or do that would affect voting, I would be agreeing with them or rebutting them, but I forgot they existed when I have thought about the election.

I'm not ignoring them. I literally forgot they existed.

Seriously.

Michael

• Like 2

On 6/8/2020 at 6:54 AM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Awhile back, James O'Keefe through Project Veritas invaded the Bernie campaign. He got several hardcore communist Bernie people to admit that if Bernie did not win the nomination, they would burn cities down...

Speaking of James O'Keefe, here is a bold tease he tweeted a couple of minutes ago.

Michael

• Like 1

With all those BLM and Antifa people screaming and inciting riots right now, President Trump just tweeted this.

What a contrast. 

I got choked up watching it.

Then I wondered who this guy was and why he made this video. So I looked.

He made this video as a thank you to Tim Pool, of all things. He said Tim "unlocked" him.

His name is Gary Lamb. He put this video up two days ago on YouTube. It already has over 430 thousand views.

And after watching the full thing there on YouTube, I got even more choked up than before.

btw - Lots of anti-Trump idiots are saying this guy is a paid actor.

Back in the first election, I harped on and on about the anti-Trump people not seeing Trump supporters. This is a perfect example of that. Those leftie idiots cannot put it into their world view that a person like Gary Lamb could say what he did.

But take a look at the comments on his YouTube video (see here). Tim Pool posted there yesterday. Here is what Tim said:

Bro, appreciate it man. I just do my thing, I tell my story, I express my feelings. Its a crazy world but you're proving the dream is real

Nobody had any idea at the time that President Trump would tweet this.

Also, take a look at the videos on Gary Lamb's YouTube account. Is he into acting? Politics? Anything related to that?

Nah. He is a normal working schlub who has been putting up videos for five years and getting an average of 100 views or so per video. 

The anti-Trump people just don't see him. They don't believe he exists.

But he does exist.

And he votes.

Michael

• Like 2